Sluggish UI

ReadySalted

ReadySalted

Well no. Is Luke or cayars around? I'm willing to just put up with this, I mean it's not breaking anything but the little graphical effect of enlarging each poster would be nice to have back.

ReadySalted

I played with a few older versions. 3.0.3 whizzes down the list but has poor focus. The item selected is often off-screen. It focuses on the wrong row and makes it unusable.

I can't imagine that was released so it makes me question if I'm the only one who gets this result.

generiq
1 hour ago, readysalted said:

I played with a few older versions. 3.0.3 whizzes down the list but has poor focus. The item selected is often off-screen. It focuses on the wrong row and makes it unusable.

I can't imagine that was released so it makes me question if I'm the only one who gets this result.

So the same result with the git version in it's own folder?

Edited by generiq

ReadySalted

I saw your original post and yes, I did do what you said and that's why I said same. I also tried other versions in their own folders to see if there was any difference.

generiq

That being the case, it suggests that electron is not playing well with your system. You tried a later version of electron, earlier, so maybe try an older version? 

Just now, readysalted said:

I saw your original post and yes, I did do what you said and that's why I said same. I also tried other versions in their own folders to see if there was any difference.

Apologies for that, I hadn't seen the post before that.

generiq
3 minutes ago, readysalted said:

How do I use this?

My apologies. As you did before. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:00 PM, generiq said:

unzip to this location;

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron

Restart Theater.

ReadySalted

Ah, my bad, sorry. I've been all over the place and forgot about that. It didn't make any difference but I was curious and ran Theatre after that with an empty electron folder and it still ran. So maybe that's another clue?

generiq
3 minutes ago, readysalted said:

Ah, my bad, sorry. I've been all over the place and forgot about that. It didn't make any difference but I was curious and ran Theatre after that with an empty electron folder and it still ran. So maybe that's another clue?

That doesn't sound right. Electron is responsible for the UI. Let's test this with the Git download. The folder is in a different location.

Replace electron in this location

\x64\electron

ReadySalted

So this is where I figured something out. My Theatre exe shortcut was being loaded from System.old ... so I ran the one from System instead threw in the electron v11 and it runs well.

generiq

No, the Git download. You should have unzipped that in its own folder in a different location. If you unzipped it to your installed Theater folder, you will have duplicated the folders.

generiq
Just now, readysalted said:

So this is where I figured something out. My Theatre exe shortcut was being loaded from System.old ... so I ran the one from System instead threw in the electron v11 and it runs well.

Hmmmm... you might need to do a clean installation. Something sounds a little messy....

ReadySalted
2 minutes ago, generiq said:

No, the Git download. You should have unzipped that in its own folder in a different location. If you unzipped it to your installed Theater folder, you will have duplicated the folders.

I didn't duplicate or overwrite anything, I was showing that the folder was wiped but still working. That's cause there was 2 system folders somehow. Anyway, this is probably fixed. Thanks for everyone's help.

generiq
1 minute ago, readysalted said:

I didn't duplicate or overwrite anything, I was showing that the folder was wiped but still working. That's cause there was 2 system folders somehow. Anyway, this is probably fixed. Thanks for everyone's help.

Yes, that's what I was explaining. The installed Theater and the Git download have slightly differing folder structures. If you unzipped the Git to the installed folder, you end up with two versions of everything. 

ReadySalted

Sadly.. Something got broken again. I should have just left it after it was working but I reinstalled and started from scratch and it's back to the same way (of course) but confusingly, I can't install a different version of electron now, it just won't run. I may have to leave this until tomorrow now. But at least now I know it's possible to get working.

generiq
6 minutes ago, readysalted said:

Sadly.. Something got broken again. I should have just left it after it was working but I reinstalled and started from scratch and it's back to the same way (of course) but confusingly, I can't install a different version of electron now, it just won't run. I may have to leave this until tomorrow now. But at least now I know it's possible to get working.

You should just test with the Git download. Then you can afford to make mistakes and start over. 

8 hours ago, readysalted said:

If you can't get this working tomorrow when you have more time let me know and we can schedule a remote session and I can try to give you a hand.

Been watching this thread and what @generiq has been doing with you is pretty spot on to what I would have tried as well.

generiq

I'm starting to think something like a virus scanner is doing something to change the operation of the software. 

Edited by generiq

ReadySalted
3 hours ago, cayars said:

If you can't get this working tomorrow when you have more time let me know and we can schedule a remote session and I can try to give you a hand.

Been watching this thread and what @generiq has been doing with you is pretty spot on to what I would have tried as well.

Sure, ok. Do I need TeamViewer?