Sluggish UI

ReadySalted

ReadySalted

What can I do to help UI performance? In the browser, scrolling is fast and smooth. There's a noticeable sludge with Theatre, even in the settings menu. I disabled as many of the plugins as I could (most were stock) and tried looking elsewhere but I don't know what to do. Any ideas? It also doesn't open full screen sometimes which is a bit annoying.

Hi, what device are you running Theater on? It should be just as fast as the web app.

ReadySalted

Yeah, it's strange, isn't it?

Windows 10, 

i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz,

12B RAM,

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB

ReadySalted

Everywhere. Moving from tile to tile for example. It's not as smooth or as fast as the browser.

ReadySalted

I'm not even sure how fast the difference is, but you see and feel it. Maybe a quarter of a second.

can you please attach the emby server log from when you thought it was slow? thanks.

ReadySalted

Yeah, well it happens all the time. I dunno what you'll be able to find in there, really. Sometimes it's probably worse but I couldn't tell you why. Mouse scrolling is also much slower in theatre. Each push doesn't go nearly as far. It flies in the browser. Not sure if that's any indication or not.

ReadySalted

It's honestly just as bad. I snake around the movie covers as a test. 5 key presses to the right with the keyboard. Down 1. 5 to the left. Down 1.

I think when I open the app it's fine for a short while, and then after navigating around so much it starts to lag.

Hi, what version of Theater do you have installed?

Is it the desktop or store version?  Have you tried the other?

ReadySalted

It's the latest desktop version, I presume since auto updates have been on. I haven't tried the store but could now.

ReadySalted

I spent hours trying to install from the Windows Store only for it to download 520.0 KB before saying error each time. I gave up. Tried loads of different solutions. I've never wanted to use Windows Store before and that was my first experience. Great, huh? Sorry. That's not your fault at all, btw.

1 hour ago, readysalted said:

I spent hours trying to install from the Windows Store only for it to download 520.0 KB before saying error each time. I gave up. Tried loads of different solutions. I've never wanted to use Windows Store before and that was my first experience. Great, huh? Sorry. That's not your fault at all, btw.

That's odd. Can you try restarting the desktop app and see how that compares now? Thanks.

ReadySalted

Still the same. I feel like the browser is also slower than before and for the life of me I don't know why.

After reinstalling Theatre I have a new problem now. When moving from thumbnail to thumbnail or tile to tile it no longer zooms/enlarges each one. Now there's just a green rectangle and no enlargement. I'm willing to put up with the responsiveness for now but could you help me to return the look I used to have, please? I don't know where this option is. I thought it may be in one of the plugins.

1 hour ago, readysalted said:

Still the same. I feel like the browser is also slower than before and for the life of me I don't know why.

After reinstalling Theatre I have a new problem now. When moving from thumbnail to thumbnail or tile to tile it no longer zooms/enlarges each one. Now there's just a green rectangle and no enlargement. I'm willing to put up with the responsiveness for now but could you help me to return the look I used to have, please? I don't know where this option is. I thought it may be in one of the plugins.

I raised the minimum cpu core requirement for many of the animations, so it should be moving faster without those. That's why you're not seeing them anymore. Could you maybe capture a video of what exactly is acting slowly? Thanks.

ReadySalted

Oh, that's what you did and why you wanted me to restart. I see now. Yeah. I'll try and capture something.

Thanks. What I need to find out if the app user interface is what's responding slowly, or if it's the server responding slowly.

ReadySalted

I wasn't sure how to make a video that shows the timing of my presses vs what happens on the screen so I did what was saying before, to press right 5 times with the keyboard, down 1, left 5 times, down 1. And eventually I hold down to get to the bottom of the list. You can see it's having trouble keeping up with what I'm doing. Does this look normal?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DDpHyco10HQT8wNH3zr7shUQvG-WlJ1b/view?usp=sharing