Movie never plays right with purple graphical issues (Plex no problem)

ng4ever

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Dumb question. How come I can play it on Firestick 4K ?

What is the Playback method?

1 minute ago, arrbee99 said:

and HEVC = H265 ?

Yes

arrbee99
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What is the Playback method?

Yes

It says transcoding (on server and 4K stick).

Maybe its because of the 1080 TV its playing too...

ng4ever
16 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

This is the problem:

17:35:38.862 Stream mapping:
17:35:38.862   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
17:35:38.862   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (truehd (native) -> aac (native))

Plex has fixed this using fMP4 or MKV segments.

So how do we get this fixed for Emby please.?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, arrbee99 said:

It says transcoding (on server and 4K stick).

Maybe its because of the 1080 TV its playing too...

Correct as you are converting to h264 in the Transcode.  

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, ng4ever said:

So how do we get this fixed for Emby please.?

LOL well vdatanet has been asking for quite awhile now as that is a requirement for Apple also.

So currently Emby can not Remux/Directstream HEVC on most if not all clients, only DirectPlay/Transcode.  So the current answer is add a directplay audio track or transcode.

ng4ever
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

LOL well vdatanet has been asking for quite awhile now as that is a requirement for Apple also.

So currently Emby can not Remux/Directstream HEVC on most if not all clients, only DirectPlay/Transcode.  So the current answer is add a directplay audio track or transcode.

Why can Emby not Remux/Directstream HEVC on most if not all clients? Just asking

How do I force transcode for just one movie forever? 

Edited by ng4ever

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Why can Emby not Remux/Directstream HEVC on most if not all clients? Just asking

As stated HEVC can not use HLS.  HLS is Emby's delivery protocol.

4 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

How do I force transcode for just one movie forever? 

On the Roku there is a Playback Correction option on the OSD in the same place as the Stats for Nerds.  Click Playback Correct to change the playback method.  Since it is already DirectStreaming/ReMux it will change to Transcode.  Otherwise you have to adjust the playback quality to a bitrate lower then the media.

Edited by Happy2Play

ng4ever
Just now, Happy2Play said:

On the Roku there is a Playback Correction option on the OSB in the same place as the Stats for Nerds.  Click Playback Correct to change the playback method.  Since it is already DirectStreaming/ReMux it will change to Transcode.  Otherwise you have to adjust the playback quality to a bitrate lower then the media.

Thanks what about Amazon Fire Stick 4K if you know to force transcode for one movie? 

Happy2Play

Apple supports now HEVC video in fMP4 segments in HLS

I am guessing most clients fall under this requirement.  And Emby does not do fMP4 segments.

HEVC in HLS using MPEG-2 Transport Stream chunks, which Apple doesn’t support

Since Emby uses TS it fails in most cases.

10 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Thanks what about Amazon Fire Stick 4K if you know to force transcode for one movie? 

Sorry I don't own any android product.  But should have the same option somewhere.

Edited by Happy2Play

ng4ever

Thanks I guess Plex has a edge over Emby when comes to this unless Plex knows to transcode instead and that is how it works on Plex.

ng4ever
40 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

On the Roku there is a Playback Correction option on the OSD in the same place as the Stats for Nerds.  Click Playback Correct to change the playback method.  Since it is already DirectStreaming/ReMux it will change to Transcode.  Otherwise you have to adjust the playback quality to a bitrate lower then the media.

Thanks I found this on the Amazon Fire Stick 4k and it seems to have fixed it. Won't know until my family member watching the movie again fully but hopefully it worked! It seem to with the few minutes I tested it for!

I wish there was a way to see if a movie buffers, gives errors, graphic glitches, etc without having to play it all fully or watch it all fully before hand. It is ok though. Would be cool though.

Also wish there was a easier way to fix this issue sense the average joe or jane is not going to know to do this with the playback correction. Wish it just worked. No problem though. At least it is fixable that is the important part!

Edited by ng4ever

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

I wish there was a way to see if a movie buffers, gives errors, graphic glitches, etc without having to play it all fully or watch it all fully before hand. It is ok though. Would be cool though.

But how would you do that when every client/device has different playback capabilities and then of course the network/bandwidth factors.

ng4ever

But how would you do that when every client/device has different playback capabilities and then of course the network/bandwidth factors.

Your right. I forgot about that.

Do you know if Emby will always use HLS ?

What does Plex use please? Curious.

vdatanet

What are your Emby’s audio settings in the Fire TV app? Auto avoids converting audio, using hardware or software decode.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, vdatanet said:

What are your Emby’s audio settings in the Fire TV app? Auto avoids converting audio, using hardware or software decode.

Forget it, you are using Roku.

ng4ever
Just now, vdatanet said:

Best Available I believe. Hope that is the right option I am looking at.

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Your right. I forgot about that.

In Apple devices HLS fMP4, in Android devices HLS MKV instead of MPEGTS. Emby always uses HLS MPEGTS

ng4ever
2 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Forget it, you are using Roku.

They are using a Amazon Fire Stick 4K in that room.

Happy2Play
Just now, ng4ever said:

Emby uses HLS/TS for remux/directstreaming/transcode.  But transcode works do to the fact the Emby is converting HEVC to H264.

No idea what Plex does.

Also you do not appear to be on a setup that supports more then 2 channel audio so you will require audio conversion on everything.

vdatanet
Just now, ng4ever said:

They are using a Amazon Fire Stick 4K in that room.

Then check that setting, you will get direct play using software decode for audio.

ng4ever

Emby uses HLS/TS for remux/directstreaming/transcode.  But transcode works do to the fact the Emby is converting HEVC to H264.

No idea what Plex does.

Also you do not appear to be on a setup that supports more then 2 channel audio so you will require audio conversion on everything.

Is that bad?

I use headphones but that is irrelevant sense I really don't use Emby myself it is mainly for family. I like playing all my content locally just the old fashion way. Anyway the family member that uses Amazon Fire TV 4k uses bluetooth headphones

ng4ever
1 minute ago, vdatanet said:

Then check that setting, you will get direct play using software decode for audio.

I did I thought.

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

I did I thought.

No, I talking about Emby’s settings. Best available is in Firestick’s settings.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Is that bad?

I use headphones but that is irrelevant sense I really don't use Emby myself it is mainly for family. I like playing all my content locally just the old fashion way. Anyway the family member that uses Amazon Fire TV 4k uses bluetooth headphones

No it just means audio will have to almost always be converted, thus causing this issue.  If you media had aac 2 channel audio also you would not have a issue.