Jump to content

A tool for tagging Emby content


VicMoore

Recommended Posts

VicMoore

Good morning Neik...

The code is signing onto your server OK. It then uses the Emby API to get your system information and users OK.  The problem is that it doesn't find any users for your server. Are you hiding your user name in the EMBY settings?  I need to get the userID to use the Emby API. I will look into prompting the user to enter their username and password in the API rather than adding it to the html. 

Vic

Attached below is my latest code

 

Edited by VicMoore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

This is what you should see when you sign on. The library folders of course will be your own. By clicking on folders you can navigate your entire library.

Vic

 

image.png.8c4bfaffd139413a030819b4a5dedbea.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Good morning Niek...

I found the problem. The code below should work for you. Let me know if it does,

Vic

 

Edited by VicMoore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your effort.

First, you have your credentials in the last file you uploaded.

Second, unfortunately I'm still running into issues:

image.thumb.png.7ae34b654ea5f34075fdc878ea9e9598.png

It might be worth mentioning that I am using https to access my server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Sorry Neik...

I must have attached the wrong code.  I removed the user data problem that you were having. I got the same data from an earlier API request;  Give the attached code a try and let me know how it works.

Neik, I appreciate all of your help.  The attached code is a complete rewrite of the tag client code.  It's also a simple Emby client for viewing content and it can easily be modified to be an Emby metadata editor.

Vic

index.html

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yes, this is quite nice to mass edit content to add tags for example.
Thank you!

Any chance you can add search/filter for example to filter on 4k content to mark them with a tag or to filter on items with a specific subtitle language to mark them, etc. ?

Edited by neik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Good morning Neik...

I am glad that the code finally works for you.

Yes, filters can be added.  The code you have is new code.  Please play with it and let me know if I need to fix anything.  I still need to add a few lines of code to complete the "watched" and "not watched" actions.

What filters do you want? Start simple 🙂

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Attached below is the rewrite of the Emby Tag App. It includes everything except the LiveTV stuff.

This rewrite is simpler code that can easily be enhanced.

If you try this code please give me feedback.

Vic 

EmbyTagApp.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adding tags is sooo much easier with this tool compared to using Emby itself.
Thank you for that!
 

27 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

If you try this code please give me feedback.

I tested adding some tags and removing them again, so far it has been doing what I would expect it to do.
One point thuogh: I noticed that it is not possible to add tags to episodes, lowest level seems to be season.

6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

What filters do you want? Start simple 🙂

For my usecase being able to filter on subtitle language would be quite nice but I am quite sure others will have more ideas as well. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

I will change the code to allow tagging Episodes. It's trivial to do.

I will look into doing filters...

Vic

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Attached below is the latest code. I corrected several bugs and cleaned up the HTML5 HLS streaming code for videos.  The new code is much more reliable and easier to debug than the previous code. I also cleaned up the code that plays consecutive selected media. Yon can even mix media and it will play properly. You can now select and tag individual TV episodes and pictures.

Soon I will rewrite the liveTV code.

I am now working on sorting and filters.

Vic

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EmbyTagApp01.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

I made a number of changes to the GUI and added back tagging of channels. I also corrected several bugs and now allow you to select the audio track when watching videos. Next I will add subtitles.   Let me know if it works OK.

Vic

EmbyTagApp01.html

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doonz2019
3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I made a number of changes to the GUI and added back tagging of channels. I also corrected several bugs and now allow you to select the audio track when watching videos. Next I will add subtitles.   Let me know if it works OK.

Vic

EmbyTagApp01.html 111.89 kB · 4 downloads

I have 1000 Channels Can't scroll past 26

Can't  tag channels no where on gui to do it

 

Can't wait to get filtering working as well.  THanks for your efforts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

WOW 1000 channels!!!

OK I understand the problem.  I will add a simpler way for you to tag channels.   To tag a channel now you just click on the channel name. A menu will appear for you to enter the tags. I will investigate why you cant see all of your channels.

Vic

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doonz2019
18 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

WOW 1000 channels!!!

OK I understand the problem.  I will add a simpler way for you to tag channels.   To tag a channel now you just click on the channel name. A menu will appear for you to enter the tags. I will investigate why you cant see all of your channels.

Vic

Iptv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

To tag a channel now you just click on the channel name. A menu will appear for you to enter the tags. I will investigate why you cant see all of your channels.

This is not happening for me.
When I click on a channel the menu does not appear, all I see are the current tags but I cannot edit them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Hello Neik..

I am fixing this now. I am moving from the old tool the code that was developed based on your help and suggestions earlier. 

Vic

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

The code below fixes a bug in the previous code that added duplicate tags.  I also fixed the tagging of channels. In the EPG ctl-click the channel name to add a tag. In the channel display dialog ctl-click the channel name to add tags. The choice between the EPG and the channel dialog is controlled by a check box on the main screen. The default is the EPG.

Note that you need to ctl-click channels rather than just clicking as it was before.

Give me feedback.  I have limited test capability.  I also appreciate all suggestions.

 

Vic

 

 

EmbyTagApp01b.html

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doonz2019
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

The code below fixes a bug in the previous code that added duplicate tags.  I also fixed the tagging of channels. In the EPG ctl-click the channel name to add a tag. In the channel display dialog ctl-click the channel name to add tags. The choice between the EPG and the channel dialog is controlled by a check box on the main screen. The default is the EPG.

Note that you need to ctl-click channels rather than just clicking as it was before.

Give me feedback.  I have limited test capability.  I also appreciate all suggestions.

 

Vic

 

 

EmbyTagApp01b.html 121.33 kB · 0 downloads

Worked Perfectly.

Tagged over 1k channels no issue.


Now on to filtering ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

Could you explain what kind of filtering you would like.  I am just trying to figure out what I need to do.  Some suggestions would be helpful.   A few weeks ago Neik gave this kind of help to me so I could implement tagging channels.  I would appreciate the help.

 

Vic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doonz2019

II'd like to be able to filter on tags.

 

So I would be able to see what doesn't have a tag assigned. What belongs to what tag: IE Kid_Movies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VicMoore

When you you navigate to a movie or tv folder the shows are associated with their corresponding Tags (shown in red at the bottom of the picture) and Genres (shown in green at the bottom of the picture).  So it's easy to know what tags are associated with movies, tv series, music, photos and TV channels.

Vic

 

image.thumb.png.58a772af0fef8c962a7a9775ffd8942a.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doonz2019
Just now, VicMoore said:

When you you navigate to a movie or tv folder the shows are associated with their corresponding Tags (shown in red at the bottom of the picture) and Genres (shown in green at the bottom of the picture).  So it's easy to know what tags are associated with movies, tv series, music, photos and TV channels.

Vic

 

image.thumb.png.58a772af0fef8c962a7a9775ffd8942a.png

 

 

 

Yeah its there but when managing large libraries it gets hard

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...