Up Next Preview

crusher11

How about "Start Now" and "No More"? I realize these strings must be short and sort of the same length.
There is not much screen real estate and text length on buttons means less text for display of what is next.

Edited by speechles

Spaceboy

But, if you press "start now" the next episode starts now. if you press the other button, the next episode will still start, but at the end of the current episode.

So "Start Now" and "Wait" seem to describe better to me what is going to happen. which was the original point of this thread

26 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

But, if you press "start now" the next episode starts now. if you press the other button, the next episode will still start, but at the end of the current episode.

So "Start Now" and "Wait" seem to describe better to me what is going to happen. which was the original point of this thread

Um no..

If you press "Start Now" it will dismiss the Up Next panel, abandons the present episode and then starts the next episode immediately.

If you press "No More" it will dismiss the Up Next panel, plays the rest of the current episode and then plays no more.

If you press Up on the remote it expands into the full Up Next panel with better display.

If you press Down on the remote it will dismiss the Up Next panel, plays the rest of the current episode and then starts the next episode.

If you press Back after pressing Down (or press Back twice) it stops the current playback entirely.

Pressing down is wait.

Edited by speechles

CBers
15 minutes ago, speechles said:

Um no..

If you press "Start Now" it will dismiss the Up Next panel, abandons the present episode and then starts the next episode immediately.

If you press "No More" it will dismiss the Up Next panel, plays the rest of the current episode and then plays no more.

If you press Up on the remote it expands into the full Up Next panel with better display.

If you press Down on the remote it will dismiss the Up Next panel, plays the rest of the current episode and then starts the next episode.

If you press Back after pressing Down (or press Back twice) it stops the current playback entirely.

Pressing down is wait.

All very intuitive. 

Spaceboy
9 hours ago, speechles said:

Pressing down is wait.

and what indication is given of that?

FrostByte

"Quit" or  "Quit Next" or  "Quit Next Up"  or  "Quit after Current"

Edited by FrostByte

I'm going to try just "Cancel" along with a message when you press it and see how that does.  Any text longer than that just starts to look very goofy.

• Like 3

I personally think it would make the most sense to have the Play Next Episode with 2 button "Now", "After".  So you can start the next episode right "now" and skip credits or "after" the episode finishes so you can see all credits or closing scenes.

Of course if you don't want either of those you just back out as has been talked about.  This covers all 3 user cases nicely I'd think.

crusher11

But "after", in that case, simply does the same thing the back button already does. 

FrostByte

It's also what happens when you just let it go. 

Right now with the new update you have a way to do everything