4K Movies freezing

RoyH
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

34 minutes ago, cayars said:

Do you get anything like this with individual search for images?

image.thumb.png.5f8a1d7fbd100a249adc3e23819aeb53.png

image.thumb.png.6fb427b85cff6d4d400e250a0cff2490.png

yep I get everything with individual its just the collection is an issue, could it be because I installed Auto Box Sets

image.thumb.png.c2805e280ea78ab752431ab7451b9988.png

Those are collection image results from search, not individual movies.

35 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I see Bad Boys Collection pulled a image from FanArt.tv.

Do you have "Download images in advance" enabled on the library?  If you enter a collection do the images populate?

Download images in advance
By default, most images are only downloaded when requested by an Emby app. Enable this option to download all images in advance, as new media is imported. This may cause significantly longer library scans.

image.png.934089081195be080d47659f0465e8de.png

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, RoyH said:

image.png.934089081195be080d47659f0465e8de.png

And if you enter a Collection do the images populate?

With the option disabled images are on demand so will not be gotten until entered.  But technically you should have a Poster as the library should be requesting it (at least in my tests it does).

But in the end your migration process does appear to have migrated.

Do you have content in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections?

If everything still exists there you could copy from there to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\collections.  Only thing in old location that is no longer compatible it the collection.xml.  But do not delete the content in /data/collections if it still exists as there are possible database entries pointing there.

Edited by Happy2Play

32 minutes ago, cayars said:

Those are collection image results from search, not individual movies.

image.thumb.png.61a6d1b43ea830b914c51f0b95a21093.png

This is how I got it from the movie Catching Fire

44 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

And if you enter a Collection do the images populate?

With the option disabled images are on demand so will not be gotten until entered.  But technically you should have a Poster as the library should be requesting it (at least in my tests it does).

But in the end your migration process does appear to have migrated.

Do you have content in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections?

If everything still exists there you could copy from there to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\collections.  Only thing in old location that is no longer compatible it the collection.xml.  But do not delete the content in /data/collections if it still exists as there are possible database entries pointing there.

This is a brand new server I just added the old HDD and the collections auto populated a few with images but most without

image.png.1ab105cc03d521e2589cd64b0f50fcc4.png

I was looking at the collections and noticed that not all the movies for the Hunger Games collections was there so I manually added a missing movie by clicking on the 3 dots and click on add to collection then clicked on the collection it was added and the image populated after refresh did the same for I spit on your Grave and the image populated

image.thumb.png.d364391de32bdd1fb8250f03cd830b61.png

I kinda figured out a work around,  I check for image for one of the collections and no result, if I remove one of the movies from that collection, refresh, add it again, refresh then if I search for images I get results and able to choose one and add it.

On 6/17/2021 at 7:29 AM, cayars said:

If you get a current i5 or i7 with QuickSync you may not need the Nvidia GPU for only a couple of people outside your LAN.
Try first without it as you can alway add it later if still needed.

If the built in client on your Samsung TV is doing everything you need it to then you have no need for the Shield TV. If you have a 7.1 sound system in the Living room, I'd then consider the Shield TV for that since it's about the best for handling sound and passthrough to AVRs.

My wife said I am spending more money and time on my server than her so I might have to sleep with the server so if that's the case I might as well hook up the server.  I have a 7.1 system in my living room The Video quality from Emby app on my TV is great but the audio from my TV thru my Receiver is just ok you mentioned about the Shield TV Pro so if I am getting this right I would download Emby to the Shield TV Pro and play it from there, connect the Shield TV Pro to my Yamaha Receiver which is connected to the TV and should get awesome audio.

• Haha 1

Yes that should work quite well.

Remember, the reason you're spending time right now is to get it right so you have a great home theater for date night and can spend more quality time with her. LOL

13 hours ago, cayars said:

Yes that should work quite well.

Remember, the reason you're spending time right now is to get it right so you have a great home theater for date night and can spend more quality time with her. LOL

True, thank you and all others for all your help in getting me in trouble with my wife. LOL . So far I am loving the new server and going to buy the Shield TV Pro to "Make Audio Great Again"