EMBY 2.0.21a problem playing music videos

Chalklands

I don't have a music library so let me create one with a half dozen to dozen vids across a couple of artists and I'll test.

I actually did have a music library setup, just hidden from myself. :(

On 6/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, Chalklands said:

20210603_184943.thumb.jpg.e541f49b6fc2fa44cedb401fe9109366.jpg

If I use Play All or Shuffle All just as shown above it starts playing right away for me on 21a

Chalklands

Thanks for trying. I have no idea what's going on with my version (2.0.21a), still nothing happens!

Sorry didn't go back and reread everything but have you tried removing the app, clearing cache, reinstalling?

Chalklands

Hi,

I've tried removing the app, clearing the cache and reinstalling EMBY, no difference. I've also tried resetting the Firestick back to factory settings and installing EMBY, no difference. I've also tried a different Firestick and installed EMBY on that, no difference. I've even tried deleting the library and recreating it, no difference. Scratching my head on this I'm afraid.

So, the issue is every time I select the Music Video Library, Folders and Play All or Shuffle All, nothing happens.

Have you sent an in app log yet so a dev could look at it?

52 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you sent an in app log yet so a dev could look at it?

You can learn how to do that here: 

Thanks.

Chalklands

Hi,

Thanks for all your help with this. I've turned on the 'debug options' on my Firestick, replicated the problem and sent you a log. Any questions please let me know.

14 hours ago, Chalklands said:

...and sent you a log. Any questions please let me know.

Hi.  Just these... :) 

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Chalklands

Hi,

I've just sent a new log at 09.40 (Eastern Time)

Opened EMBY at 14.37 on 20th June

Selected Music Videos library

Selected folders

Selected 'Gabrielle Aplin' music video folder

14.39.00 - Clicked on 'Play All'.

Nothing happened

Only one EMBY user: pete

Hope this is enough information?

Edited by Chalklands

Chalklands

Hi Luke, of course. How do you want me to send it to you? I could upload it to google drive and send you a link?

9 minutes ago, Chalklands said:

Hi Luke, of course. How do you want me to send it to you? I could upload it to google drive and send you a link?

Please send to @ebr via PM. Thanks.

Hi.  There is nothing wrong with the specific video.  This has to be related to organization, settings or metadata somehow...

Do you have external access configured for your server?  If so, can you create a test user for me with access to this library and PM me credentials for it?

Thanks.

Chalklands

Hi,

Tried to setup external access & set up a 'test user', but when I try to logon from my android mobile with the test user I keep getting Invalid username or password message. I've given up for tonight.

Just now, Chalklands said:

Hi,

Tried to setup external access & set up a 'test user', but when I try to logon from my android mobile with the test user I keep getting Invalid username or password message. I've given up for tonight.

You're possibly trying to login to Emby Connect using your local server test user credentials.

Chalklands

To be honest, I haven't set up Emby Connect. I set up a user with 'allow remote connections to this EMBY server' and 'Allow this user to manage the server', then input the Remote WAN access address into the browser on my phone, but it didn't like either the username or password. 

Chalklands

Here are screenshots from my phone. I presume this is what you meant.

Screenshot_20210623-080627_Brave.thumb.jpg.79417c7462bb4003b235d39f6aec11c2.jpg.dd807449c640fe996fd7110c25a7b676.jpg

Screenshot_20210623-080713_Brave.thumb.jpg.f3168e0df85c23400930bf2615dd6dcd.jpg.23437f04672e1134928b0ff054337534.jpg

Thanks

Pete

Edited by Happy2Play
edited images to remove address

I finally was able to reproduce this and am currently trying to chase it down.

Thanks.