How Do I Update EmbyServer Without Losing Any of My Data?

Davies23

Hi, simply install the latest version on top of your existing version. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Davies23

So I had an old version of the EmbyServer on my Mac, so I downloaded a new one from your website. When I downloaded the new version I had two Emby Servers so I deleted the old one. When I deleted the old one and opened the new Server, all of my data was gone.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:13 AM, Davies23 said:

So I had an old version of the EmbyServer on my Mac, so I downloaded a new one from your website. When I downloaded the new version I had two Emby Servers so I deleted the old one. When I deleted the old one and opened the new Server, all of my data was gone.

Hi, what was the old version number, do you know?

12 hours ago, Davies23 said:

I don't remember, I'm on version 4.6.1 right now.

Do you remember roughly when you may have installed the last version? e.g. under one year ago, a couple years ago, etc?

When I downloaded the new version I had two Emby Servers

What exactly do you mean by this? What led you into thinking you had two emby servers?

Davies23

It told me to shutdown Emby to update it. When I did it was still was on the old version.

1719318219_ScreenShot2021-06-04at2_05_31PM.thumb.png.2a2e2ccc4ff4be6d7d53839b0e4968b7.png

So I clicked on the link that said "Please shutdown Emby Server and install the latest version" and that led me here: https://emby.media/mac-server.html. I downloaded the version from that. website and then I had this: 

1082353923_ScreenShot2021-06-04at2_02_29PM.thumb.png.d13a29899ad16b683837064607dc8507.png 

Two Emby Servers. So I deleted the old version and kept the newer version (the one that I downloaded from the Emby website). When I opened up the newer version, all my data was gone, and I had to start from scratch. So my question is how can I prevent that from happening next time?

When you downloaded the update did you drag emby server into your applications folder as per usual?

Ok I've never seen that before. If it happens again please let us know before removing one of them. Thanks.