Docker

Luke

I just had the same issue, emby not starting. Had to delete the library again. Not happy, What is going on?

Hi there, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks !

gnollo

It's now working back to normal, with the exception that the actor's pictures do not appear anymore. 

My metadata path is /mnt/user/ImagesByName/metadata. The People subfolder contains other folders with letters, and inside them are the actors folders with the pictures. 

gnollo

Update, it's not just the pictures, but also the metadata. I found two actors amongst hundreds that work on both counts. I swear this was working before I updated the server and then had to kill the library? Refreshing people takes 57 seconds. Movie metadata downloaders was not selected under the Library option, ticked it and refreshed people again. No change.

I use Media Center Master to download covers, actors and metadata. Movie covers all work fine.

Update, it's not just the pictures, but also the metadata. I found two actors amongst hundreds that work on both counts. I swear this was working before I updated the server and then had to kill the library? Refreshing people takes 57 seconds. Movie metadata downloaders was not selected under the Library option, ticked it and refreshed people again. No change.

I use Media Center Master to download covers, actors and metadata. Movie covers all work fine.

Since you've created a separate topic (good), we'll help you there now. Thanks.

• Like 1

livtyler

Hi @Luke, I have a small issue with Emby in docker as im unable to get my IPTV. The details are correct but on looking at the logs I see the following hopefully someone cant help. Ive attached the snippet from the logs.

emby.txt

Edited by livtyler

On 6/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, livtyler said:

Hi @Luke, I have a small issue with Emby in docker as im unable to get my IPTV. The details are correct but on looking at the logs I see the following hopefully someone cant help. Ive attached the snippet from the logs.

emby.txt 2.41 kB · 0 downloads

Try adding https:// to the front of your m3u url if it's not already there.

livtyler

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Try adding https:// to the front of your m3u url if it's not already there.

Hi @Luke I get " There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again." These seting sowrked fine when I used Emby in a VM, does LiveTv need its own volume at all?

On 6/15/2020 at 5:00 AM, livtyler said:

Hi @Luke I get " There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again." These seting sowrked fine when I used Emby in a VM, does LiveTv need its own volume at all?

Server log from that? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
NeoMatrix

I have  version 4.4.3.0 Docker installed on Ubuntu 18.04

I'm getting a lot of the errors below. Could you suggest what the issue could be? Resources? Corrupt library.db etc........

As i'm using a docker this rules out the "Multiple instance" running ? (Note: I am runnig 2 seperate dockers both of Emby)

(As dockers are isolated - I presume this would this not cause the multiple instance running.........)

Open to any ideas, suggestions........

Thanks

Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /storage/Movies_TUVWXYZ
Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://xxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 8.1.0; TX3 Mini Build/NHG47L)
Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /storage/Music
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.ActivityLog.ActivityLogEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0381476 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.EncodingManagerEntryPoint
Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.EncodingManagerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0024266 seconds
Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Notifications.Notifications
Error MediaSourceManager: Error getting media sources

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.3.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.29
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked - PRAGMA journal_mode
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
       at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
       at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
       at Emby.Sqlite.BaseSqliteRepository.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection connection, ReadOnlySpan`1 sql)
       at Emby.Sqlite.BaseSqliteRepository.CreateConnection(Boolean isReadOnly)
       at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.GetJobItemReader[T](SyncJobItemQuery query, String baseSelectText, Func`2 itemFactory)
       at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.GetJobItems(SyncJobItemQuery query)
       at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManager.GetJobItems(SyncJobItemQuery query)
       at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncedMediaSourceProvider.GetSyncedItems(BaseItem item)
       at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncedMediaSourceProvider.GetMediaSources(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetDynamicMediaSources(BaseItem item, IMediaSourceProvider provider, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
    TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.String ByRef)

BarryAmerika
29 minutes ago, NeoMatrix said:

Note: I am runnig 2 seperate dockers both of Emby

Did you specify alternate ports? I have found using a reverse proxy I need to specify different docker images or they will somehow clash. Even with them split into different docker networks with no ports exposed on the host. That is 

emby/embyserver:beta

linuxserver/emby:beta

In my case.

NeoMatrix

But interesting regarding you must use 2 different docker images.

It makes no sense that they should clash but its not difficult for me to test the theory...

Open to more suggestions but I will move the second docker to a different image and see if that helps..............

NeoMatrix

just an update

I am now using 2 different dockers (even if i stop the second docker) the errors continue.

Anyone else hazard a guess why this is happening ?

*** Error Report ***
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked - PRAGMA journal_mode
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
           at Emby.Sqlite.BaseSqliteRepository.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection connection, ReadOnlySpan`1 sql)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.GetJobItemReader[T](SyncJobItemQuery query, String baseSelectText, Func`2 itemFactory)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncedMediaSourceProvider.GetMediaSources(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetDynamicMediaSources(BaseItem item, IMediaSourceProvider provider, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.String ByRef)

mastrmind11
3 hours ago, NeoMatrix said:

just an update

I am now using 2 different dockers (even if i stop the second docker) the errors continue.

Anyone else hazard a guess why this is happening ?

*** Error Report ***

You can't share a database...  makes sense if you think about it, there would be row contention everywhere.

NeoMatrix

Im not sure what gives the impression im sharing a database?

I certainly am not sharing a database unless Ive completely lost my mind..........

its an isolated docker. if i have 1 or 10 its not sharing a DB and even with just a single docker running , im encountering this issue.

Maybe a corrupt library DB file? I assume I can just delete it and redo my metadata scan?

willing to listen to all ideas........

NeoMatrix

See attached image - anyone know what these errors mean?

Can they be ignored? Can they be fixed?

image.png

BarryAmerika

So you definitely mapped different persistent data volumes to each docker?

I would stop both containers, delete the wal and shm files that are next to the DB in the containers respective persistent data locations and restart one only and see what errors it throws. Once you have one working I would stop it and then start the other. Are they both blank instances? Nothing scanned yet?

Are you able to share the docker configs from each? Just remove any personal information or URLs first.

NeoMatrix

Barry, 

Stopped both containers and deleted Wal and shm started just 1 container but same issues persist.

Both dockers are fully scanned and indexed.

mastrmind11
2 hours ago, NeoMatrix said:

Barry, 

Stopped both containers and deleted Wal and shm started just 1 container but same issues persist.

Both dockers are fully scanned and indexed.

share your run command for each.  hav you tried smoking your /config directories and removing/restarting your container?

NeoMatrix

Thx - Ill post my config files in about an hour so I'm specific... (when I get home)

is "smoking /your config" a typo?

removed/restarted container already yes. But using the same persisten volume on my HD....

Ill be back with my config line within an hour.............

NeoMatrix

here my run command....

docker run -d --volume /home/docker/embyconfig:/config --volume /home/storagemedia:/storage --publish 98096:8096 --publish 98920:8920 --env UID=1000 --env GID=1000 emby/embyserver:latest

I do have a non-privalged user with UID, GIF of 1000

If this is relevant, I have noticed some high CPU_IOWAIT times that coinside with the horrid slowness.....

Edited by NeoMatrix

BarryAmerika
On 7/26/2020 at 1:08 AM, NeoMatrix said:

But using the same persisten volume on my HD..

This is where the DB is stored so you are hitting that DB with two different instances and sharing it as was suggested by mastrmind11.

Each instance will need its own persistent volume.