Docker

Luke

It only shows 3.5.3.0. I force update, it does not go above that. How do I trigger a full install of the latest version?

When I click on it it shows the following repository: emby/embyserver:3.5.3.0

Just change the repository to  emby/embyserver:latest

Just change the repository to  emby/embyserver:latest

Done, "Emby Server is upgrading your database. Please try again shortly."... Now we wait...

Done, "Emby Server is upgrading your database. Please try again shortly."... Now we wait...

Version 4.0.1.0

Emby server started fine, logged in, now rescanning all libraries

Edited by gnollo

Happy2Play

How long did you wait before refreshing browser?  I would assume the update from 3.5.3.0 to current would take awhile for the database changes to apply.  Looks like you basically stepped back to older versions to upgrade.

Under transcoding there is an option to "Enable hardware acceleration when available". Should I enable it?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - G33-DS3R
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU @ 2.833 GHz

How long did you wait before refreshing browser?  I would assume the update from 3.5.3.0 to current would take awhile for the database changes to apply.  Looks like you basically stepped back to older versions to upgrade.

10 minutes I think 

Happy2Play

Under transcoding there is an option to "Enable hardware acceleration when available". Should I enable it?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - G33-DS3R
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU @ 2.833 GHz

What processor? Looks like Q95xx

onboard (Intel GMA 3100)

But that appears to be quite old hardware, so it wouldn't make any difference.

Edited by Happy2Play

What processor? Looks like Q95xx

onboard (Intel GMA 3100)

But that appears to be quite old hardware, so it wouldn't make any difference.

Intel Q9550 Core 2 Quad Processor - 2.83 GHz,12MB L2 Cache,1333MHz FSB,Socket LGA775

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Scanned the library, which completed, but I am guessing that the database upgrade / update will take a whole lot longer on about 4500 movies.

I see metadata missing (all saved locally using MCM), movies which I added to the server on 29 September, and that have an Added Date of the same day in the movie.xml file, are now showing at the top of the library in terms of data added on emby, also show as date added today. I will give it 24 hours and see if the database improves.

Emby server stopped. I didn't stop it... "Emby Server is upgrading your database. Please try again shortly." when I try to connect to it again.

Edited by gnollo

And it stops again. This it's exactly what happened last time I upgraded outside the autoupgrade process. Unstable server. Only solution last time was to nuke and start from fresh. Long painful process. Damn.

Happy2Play

Scanned the library, which completed, but I am guessing that the database upgrade / update will take a whole lot longer on about 4500 movies.

I see metadata missing (all saved locally using MCM), movies which I added to the server on 29 September, and that have an Added Date of the same day in the movie.xml file, are now showing at the top of the library in terms of data added on emby, also show as date added today. I will give it 24 hours and see if the database improves.

Hard to remember back to 3.5.3 but you do have the xml metadata plugin, correct?  If not your xml metadata will not be read.

And it stops again. This it's exactly what happened last time I upgraded outside the autoupgrade process. Unstable server. Only solution last time was to nuke and start from fresh. Long painful process. Damn.

I would assume we will need to see server logs.

it has not stopped since, so I figure that the update fixed the issue.

Installing the XML plugin to see if it makes a difference, as the movies from the past still appear as the latest movies, which needs fixing. Sort by date order is unusable for me at the moment.

XML plugin and refresh did not fix it. How do I force it to look at the XML?

Example: Bandits (2001) turns into a 2019 "Words Of Bandits" documentary.

XML attached

post-461-0-16698400-1577018055_thumb.jpg

movie.zip

NikeSwe

I see the the new beta build 4.4.0.3 but no new Docker image built for it.

Edit: Available now. :)

Edited by NikeSwe

XML plugin and refresh did not fix it. How do I force it to look at the XML?

Example: Bandits (2001) turns into a 2019 "Words Of Bandits" documentary.

XML attached

Well, I didn't realise that xml is no longer used by Emby, and that now nfo is the way to go.

I use the MCM app to download and store metadata locally, you can convert the xml into nfo quickly, tested on the folder, scanned, and it fixed the issue above.

The rating is incorrect though, it displays Rated R, when it should be PG-13, that is a MCM issue though.

As this is not a docker issue per se, I will continue this discussion in this xml thread instead

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57025-xml-nfo-questions/

Well, I didn't realise that xml is no longer used by Emby, and that now nfo is the way to go.

I use the MCM app to download and store metadata locally, you can convert the xml into nfo quickly, tested on the folder, scanned, and it fixed the issue above.

The rating is incorrect though, it displays Rated R, when it should be PG-13, that is a MCM issue though.

As this is not a docker issue per se, I will continue this discussion in this xml thread instead

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57025-xml-nfo-questions/

We'll help you in your xml topic. Thanks.