3d tagged movie not showed as 3D

nodiaque

nodiaque

I wonder if it could be old database entry vs new entry? I've had this server since the age of Windows Media Center, way before it was Emby

Happy2Play
Just now, nodiaque said:

nope. The metadata is still stuck to the 1080p file

What does this mean?

nodiaque

If I go into "Edit metadata", the filename on top is the 1080p file, where all the other 3d detected have "moved" to the 3D-something file. Captain America is stuck on this 1080p and doesn't detect the other as 3D whatever name I give it

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, nodiaque said:

If I go into "Edit metadata", the filename on top is the 1080p file, where all the other 3d detected have "moved" to the 3D-something file. Captain America is stuck on this 1080p and doesn't detect the other as 3D whatever name I give it

I am not following here, but have identified case issues where 3D is not honored per naming.

Avatar Extended (2009) - 3d.mvc.mkv - Does not work

Avatar Extended (2009) - 3D.mvc.mkv - Works

So I can assume there are other instances and guess you have to only use what is in the KB but will test some more.

nodiaque

I can't say for the 3D.mvc vs 3d.mvc, I've reverted all to 3D in my naming.

But, captain america wouldn't work even when using the exact same naming as other I did before. The only way I manage to make it work is by deleting it, putting the 3D file first, scanning, then putting the 4k and 1080p file.

What I mean for edit metadata is this:

image.thumb.png.ed2c8cac0e89f20db6d1e2051820dcde.png

For all 3D movie that work, it's using the file 3D something. All those that doesn't work, this line is on 4k, 1080p or another file version.

In a movie where it's already working with a 3D file like this, if I rename the file, it will follow until it's not the top most file alphabeticaly in the folder, then, it will switch to the next file (I tried renaming just MVC without 3D in front and lost the 3D tag). Once the file is renamed to 3D something, it get used first again and the 3D tag is working.

Everywhere that I have a non 3D movie in this window, the 3D file isn't detected as 3D and I have to remove the folder and recreate everything. Just did it with captain america, no filename change, and now it's working

1 minute ago, nodiaque said:

But, captain america wouldn't work even when using the exact same naming as other I did before. The only way I manage to make it work is by deleting it, putting the 3D file first, scanning, then putting the 4k and 1080p file.

Likely because you removed everything and put it back in clearing any old data out of the database.

nodiaque

That's what I think too. If only that could correct my other problem with a movie that refuse to join a collection. Deleted the movie and the collection, didn't solved it. 

Happy2Play

All my tests with multi-version 4K, 1080, 720, and 3D work as long as case in 3D is correct.

7 hours ago, nodiaque said:

That's what I think too. If only that could correct my other problem with a movie that refuse to join a collection. Deleted the movie and the collection, didn't solved it. 

Got a link to a thread with this in it?
Or can you create a new thread for this collection issue?

nodiaque

it's an old thread that ended in "open the database and solve it yourself". But without having a relation view of the database, it's hard to know what I can remove.