3d tagged movie not showed as 3D

nodiaque

Give me a couple of hours and I'm going to try and reproduce this for you specifically using Avatar with those 3 versions.

skidmarks

I set all this up, mind you a year ago, following the wiki.  I did have to go into each 3D movie (edit metadata) and make sure 3D Format section was set.  The file title was not triggering this to be set automatically.

The other thing is to just add one set of backdrops.

Other than that, i can remove some files and see if i can duplicate this issue...

(i'm gonna be away for a few hours mowing earth fur)

Edited by skidmarks

That is what I seem to remember as well.  Either add the 3D first (only movie) so you can edit it easily or add them all, ungroup, set metadata for 3D version, then regroup.

nodiaque

Yes, like I've said many time, I even tried all of them regardless of how the movie was formatted.  I even pasted the wiki itself to see that my current naming scheme is exactly what's on the wiki. I also tried the legacy tagging.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, nodiaque said:

So, I just added a new movie, wasn't in my library before. Only 3D, and still not detected as 3D

image.png.8037f0dad0ffb07d065ef8058a6f4ab5.png

image.png.720f2d43f6f487ee5c1a5775133e0b40.png

image.thumb.png.eba3bd5a26d67d99bf41888e2e9f2af5.png

image.thumb.png.1467421be574b143d894f59961358417.png

Yes the there is some controversy of Multi-Versioning naming and 3D naming.  This example is Multi-version naming scheme not 3D.

Multi-version naming may/will require extra steps.

nodiaque

All my other movie that are multi-version have the "name - 3d.mvc.mkv" tag, which is exactly what the 3d wiki for single and multi-version give as example:

image.thumb.png.d7ea0348b053deaf3adb444a7ec27886.png

Happy2Play

• moviename (year)-3D.sbs-720p.mkv
  • moviename (year)-3D.mvc.mkv

does not equal

• moviename (year) - 3D.sbs-720p.mkv
  • moviename (year) - 3D.mvc.mkv

A space on each side is the difference making it something else.

Edited by Happy2Play

nodiaque

O_O so the example that says 3D can be combine with multi-version is wrong because it break the detection?

Edited by nodiaque

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, nodiaque said:

O_O so the example that says 3D can be combine with multi-version is wrong because it brake the detection?

Sort of as you can see 3D in the drop down list, but Emby has not truly identified it as 3D for filtering purposed.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, nodiaque said:

Oh... but it does filter out 4k and uhd this way. Should do all...

Well that info is from media info not an additional tab saying it is 3D.  If there were a media info tag then it would be different.

nodiaque

For information, 3D detected on my latest with this form:

The Secret Life of Pets (2016) - 3D-HSBS

There is space between between the first -. Using a space between 3D and HSBS didn't work.

Tried in a multi-version folder, didn't work :(

Happy2Play
Just now, nodiaque said:

Oh, I though it was from the file naming convention.

No you can have almost anything, so "Movie - anything" is just a label.  But filtering goes off of physical media info.

For information, 3D detected on my latest with this form:

The Secret Life of Pets (2016) - 3D-HSBS

There is space between between the first -. Using a space between 3D and HSBS didn't work.

Tried in a multi-version folder, didn't work :(

For 3D identification to work you can't have spaces have spaces around the hyphen as that is mulit-versioning " - ".

The Secret Life of Pets (2016)-3D-HSBS

The Secret Life of Pets (2016).3D-HSBS

nodiaque

It is exactly like the example for multi-version folder with 3d

image.png.365509cfa097dbd67624dfcd77f72878.png

image.png.5c47aaffe99b0f0d76fdcb33d36ae177.png

As for the single file, with only 3D, it worked using a mix of the multi-version and 3d only,

The Secret Life of Pets (2016) - 3D-HSBS.mkv this worked

The Secret Life of Pets (2016) - 3D.HSBS.mkv this didn't

I tried in the multi-version to do it without space

The Secret Life of Pets (2016)-3D-HSBS.mkv

didn't worked. I cannot get it to work in multi-version folder, and since everything with 3D always have a 1080p or 4k version of it also, I don't really care about single version. But in my original testing, I copied each example from the wiki 1 by 1, regardless of the true format, and in multi-version folder, the only thing it did is populate the drop down, never the filter like single version do.

Happy2Play

But just tested

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Unset\The Secret Life of Pets 2\The Secret Life of Pets 2 - 3D HSBS.disc

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Unset\The Secret Life of Pets 2\The Secret Life of Pets 2 - 3D-HSBS.disc

And both were shown as 3D

3d.jpg.8ac74b38107a5774bdad6e467f99928a.jpg

nodiaque

maybe because it's .disc? I'll try renaming

edit: something I do see though is that in multi-version, if I do edit metadata, the filename on top is the first file that was scanned, not the one actually selected.

Edited by nodiaque

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, nodiaque said:

I tried in the multi-version to do it without space

The Secret Life of Pets (2016)-3D-HSBS.mkv

This can not be used in multi-version as it will make this item its own version not grouped do to naming scheme requirements ie  space hyphen space.

Happy2Play

maybe because it's .disc? I'll try renaming

edit: something I do see though is that in multi-version, if I do edit metadata, the filename on top is the first file that was scanned, not the one actually selected.

extension is irrelevant.

nodiaque

tried anyway, and no go, still not seeing avatar as 3D. I think it's because it's not the first file in the folder. Did you try that? Put a non 3D file in it, then add a 3D file in it.

nodiaque

By the way, if you guys are using media info to populate UHD, SD and HD, you can do the same with 3d movies

image.png.0f631499b90aa74f9accaa54997a8659.png

Happy2Play

Well this is two different issues if you want to to talk about about media info file naming.  Emby does uses ffmpeg/ffprobe to read embed tag/headers not MediaInfo.

So do you want to talk about Emby naming scheme or Media info?  One provides a display label in the UI the other is used for filtering components.  So they will never be the same.