Folder sync: The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

MBSki

Sounds great.  Glad you got a working solution using nothing but Emby!!!

MBSki
On 4/16/2021 at 8:20 AM, cayars said:

Sounds great.  Glad you got a working solution using nothing but Emby!!!

Let's not get too carried away. I still need 4 things:

• DVR updated to save to specific libraries, using Plex for now until that's updated.
  • Ability to play videos in slide show on ALL clients. Ideally this would be automatic, but in the past there was resistance to making this automatic. Using Plex for now.
  • Ability to play in progress recordings without freezing. Looking forward to the new Live TV beta so I can try to break it again and hopefully we can track down the issue this time. Using TiVo for now, but I literally only need this for the Super Bowl.
  • Watch together - At least until the pandemic is over.

There are a few others, but they're more nice to haves, like being able to group collections by media type and an xbox app on par with Android TV. 😁 

Edited by mbarylski
Forgot watch together

LOL moving the ball. :)

Your first and third issues will hopefully get taken care of with out next iteration of Live TV in private testing and development.
Not sure what the slide show video thing is. Care to elaborate?

MBSki
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

LOL moving the ball. :)

LOL, yea, sorry. i'm just sooooo close!! 😁

Your first and third issues will hopefully get taken care of with out next iteration of Live TV in private testing and development.

Yea, I know and really anxious for the current beta to move to stable and move on to the next beta. Unless maybe you can add me to private testing. 😉

7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Not sure what the slide show video thing is. Care to elaborate?

When playing a photo slide show from a mixed (videos and photos) library, most clients can't play the video. It just shows the thumbnail. The Android TV app is the ONLY Emby app that can play the video, but it's entirely manual. Every video that pops up requires the user to click Play on the remote. To me, that isn't ideal, but it's better than not being able to play videos at all. Frankly, unless it's automatic, I'll probably just continue using Plex for this function since it's just so simple. When I watch a home video/photo slide show I just want to sit back and let it play. Having to click play every other "slide" is a bit annoying, especially with large libraries. 

Ahh ok. To me I just add all the vids to a playlist and then just play that.

Have you tried doing that?

MBSki
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

Ahh ok. To me I just add all the vids to a playlist and then just play that.

Have you tried doing that?

So, I have all my pictures organized by year\month. Every once in awhile we sit on the couch and pick different months to watch. In 1 watching session, we probably watch 2 - 4 months. What you're suggestion might work, but there'd be clean up afterwards. It's much easier just to open Plex and play directly from the library.

The functionality is obviously already there if it works in a playlist. Seems like an easy addition to make. 

2 hours ago, mbarylski said:

Yea, I know and really anxious for the current beta to move to stable and move on to the next beta. Unless maybe you can add me to private testing. 😉

Any chance of joining the private testing for Live TV beta? 😁 

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

Any chance of joining the private testing for Live TV beta? 😁 

Sure anyone can, when it hits beta. :)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mbarylski said:

@cayars Ooops, I forgot about watch together. Need that too. 😅

You want to watch movies with me?  LOL
Feature request for this is here:

MBSki

You want to watch movies with me?  LOL
Feature request for this is here:

LOL, sure why not. 😅

Yep, I got my vote in awhile ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
MBSki
On 4/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, cayars said:

Just a heads up. Be careful in the name you give the repository as it shows up like this:
image.png.d78f46c2595603dd753d28c396804b7b.png

So for example if you wanted to create a MOBILE version of files that would be the ideal name to use when setting up the plugin's "Download Location".
As you can see in the above picture, using an arbitrary name that makes complete sense to me as the ADMIN would not make any sense to a user.

But had I choose "Mobile Version" as the name of my repository then it would be clear to all users there is the normal version and a Mobile Version.

So think about the names you use and try to match that up with the Conversion task used so it makes sense when shown above!

Hey @cayars, I hadn't noticed these other versions before, but they're popping up now. Question though. Why do I see different versions, when the actual file doesn't exist in the library?

image.thumb.png.1d2631e0d7797cb94237e9df9c84ccca.png

There's only 1 version in my folder:

image.png.7351303d3b13df43013c4343afd2727b.png

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Well we can't see what it's showing there.

Sorry, it got cut off a bit. It's showing the version that I synced to a different device, but the version isn't in the library of the server I'm accessing.

image.thumb.png.bd2630dfc66feb7247e9097379b716e5.png

Is this a different server of yours or does it belong to someone else?

MBSki
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Is this a different server of yours or does it belong to someone else?

Different server of mine. I sync my main Windows server to a WD NAS.

Do me a favor and try using a different browser to have a look at that Gotham episode and see if the Sync item is there.

MBSki
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Do me a favor and try using a different browser to have a look at that Gotham episode and see if the Sync item is there.

Sure, same thing in Firefox.

image.thumb.png.74ec80f68415048b63eb053c847af9a3.png

What happens if you try to play the Sync-TV Shows entry?
What plugins are loaded on that Server?  Do you have the Google Drive Plugin installed?

MBSki
42 minutes ago, cayars said:

What happens if you try to play the Sync-TV Shows entry?

It ends up playing the version that is actually in my library. So I'm not sure why a 2nd version even shows up.

42 minutes ago, cayars said:

What plugins are loaded on that Server?  Do you have the Google Drive Plugin installed?

I assume you mean file organizer/sync plug-ins. No Google Drive, just the Folder sync plugin.

Yes, sorry I did mean the folder sync plugin. Wanna guess what I was just doing previous to my post? :)

OK so this server is running folder sync.  Did you set it up?
What happens if you remove that plugin?

MBSki

Yea, I set it up. I assume that 2nd version will go away if I remove the plug-in, but I've got 100s of episodes being synced so I don't want to do that. The question is really why would the plug-in add another version that doesn't exist on the server? It shouldn't right?

Are you positive this wasn't setup to sync?

MBSki
Just now, cayars said:

Are you positive this wasn't setup to sync?

What do you mean? Yes, of course it's set up to sync. But it's syncing to a different server. The other version is on the other server, so it shouldn't show up here.

I just don't see how a folder sync job on one server shows up on a different server unless you've configged them to like paths or similar config issue.

MBSki

Yea, I don't get it either. Here's my config on the server where I'm seeing the multiple versions.

SmartSelect_20210506-161227_Emby.jpg