Folder sync: The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

MBSki

What does the same setup look like on the other server?

MBSki
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

What does the same setup look like on the other server?

There's nothing on the other server, because the plug in isn't installed there. It's only installed on the "sending" server.

7 hours ago, mbarylski said:

image.thumb.png.bd2630dfc66feb7247e9097379b716e5.png

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

SmartSelect_20210506-161227_Emby.jpg

So you're saying these two pics are not from the same server?

MBSki

No, they are. I'm sending files to the WDNAS and watching on the sending server. 

20 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

No, they are. I'm sending files to the WDNAS and watching on the sending server. 

???

MBSki
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

???

Yes? What's the question?

" I'm sending files to the WDNAS and watching on the sending server. "

Isn't that what you expect to work correctly?

MBSki
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

" I'm sending files to the WDNAS and watching on the sending server. "

Isn't that what you expect to work correctly?

Yes, it does, but back to my original question. Why does a file that is on the other server, show up on the sending server? There is only 1 file for that episode on my sending server, yet it shows 2. For some reason it shows a version for the file that is on the other server. It shouldn't show a version that does not exist on the server.

52 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Yes, it does, but back to my original question. Why does a file that is on the other server, show up on the sending server? There is only 1 file for that episode on my sending server, yet it shows 2. For some reason it shows a version for the file that is on the other server. It shouldn't show a version that does not exist on the server.

But isn't one item the real file and the 2nd one is the SYNCED file?

MBSki
Just now, cayars said:

But isn't one item the real file and the 2nd one is the SYNCED file?

It appears to be, but that file doesn't exist on that server where it shows as a 2nd version.

But was it ever put there by the plugin?

MBSki

No. I never synced any files to the server showing the 2nd version.

You haven't made any kind of restore of DB or anything like that correct?

If not, I'm at a loss then because this doesn't make sense.

MBSki
1 hour ago, cayars said:

You haven't made any kind of restore of DB or anything like that correct?

Nope

1 hour ago, cayars said:

If not, I'm at a loss then because this doesn't make sense.

I don't think it does either, but it's showing up like this on every single episode that I've synced from Server1 to Server2. So, just to be clear, I'm seeing 2 episodes on Server1 even though only 1 episode exists on Server1. This seems to be a plug-in issue. Didn't you say that the plug-in was intended to create copies of videos in different quality? If that was the original intention, was it programmed in a way to automatically add a version for that copy? 

How do you have yours setup? Are you syncing to a different server or syncing to the same server? 

MBSki
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

So you're running the server on the WD NAS as well?

Yes, that's the server I'm syncing to. The WD NAS has the 2nd version of the file, not the server that is showing the 2nd version of the file.

10 hours ago, mbarylski said:

Nope

I don't think it does either, but it's showing up like this on every single episode that I've synced from Server1 to Server2. So, just to be clear, I'm seeing 2 episodes on Server1 even though only 1 episode exists on Server1. This seems to be a plug-in issue. Didn't you say that the plug-in was intended to create copies of videos in different quality? If that was the original intention, was it programmed in a way to automatically add a version for that copy? 

How do you have yours setup? Are you syncing to a different server or syncing to the same server? 

Let's make a quick review.  The Folder Sync plugin is typically used to create a archived versions in multiple quality levels for optimal streaming performance.  So for example you can create a SYNC location in Emby (same computer or any network location) and call it "720-4Mbit" then setup the job to create files matching that profile.  Next you could create another SYNC location and call it "Mobile" with the job setup to create smaller mobile friendly versions.

Now if you set these to a NAS location the original will be on your Server and the 720 & Mobile versions will be on the NAS but each movie will have 3 versions shown.  There will be the original files, the 720 version and of course the Mobile version.

Having names like "Sync-Movies" doesn't make sense to users since it doesn't tell them what that synced version is.  If it were called "720p" or "Mobile" then it would have more meaning in the version drop down list on each detail screen.

So could it be you are just seeing the versions that are created on the Emby Server (regardless of where the synced/converted) regardless of where these versions are stored?  If so that's how it's supposed to work.

• Confused 1

MBSki
35 minutes ago, cayars said:

So could it be you are just seeing the versions that are created on the Emby Server (regardless of where the synced/converted) regardless of where these versions are stored?  If so that's how it's supposed to work.

Why would it show versions that I can't actually play? The only reason a version should appear in that list is if the synced to location is added as a location in the library.

It should be there if it was every "synced" via the Folder Sync plugin.  If something outside the plugin changed the file or removed it that could cause a problem.

You want the sync locations managed 100% by the plugin.

MBSki
1 minute ago, cayars said:

It should be there if it was every "synced" via the Folder Sync plugin.

Ok, so I guess you're saying that's how it's designed. I'm saying it shouldn't be. Is that a feature request?

Well the plugin is designed to create specific alternate versions of files in mass to an alternate location then the media for playback so I'm not sure how this could work if the plugin doesn't fully control these versions.  That would defeat its purpose.

MBSki
3 hours ago, cayars said:

Well the plugin is designed to create specific alternate versions of files in mass to an alternate location then the media for playback so I'm not sure how this could work if the plugin doesn't fully control these versions.  That would defeat its purpose.

Controlling them is fine. I was thinking an option to adjust how they are displayed. So, maybe something as simple as: "Option to hide versions in library". And it could be user based similar to how the sync path is user based. Does that work as a reasonable FR?  

Why would you want to have additional versions of  media created but then not be available to use?
That seems counter productive.

MBSki
23 minutes ago, cayars said:

Why would you want to have additional versions of  media created but then not be available to use?
That seems counter productive.

I use them on the other server. I have no need to use them on the server that I'm transferring from. Remember that I send them to a NAS and my NAS acts as a backup server if my main server goes down.

This sounds like the wrong tool for the job then.

You are likely better off using something like an XCOPY script to your files from one location to another.
It sounds like we are back to page one of this thread when we were talking about it's use and what it does. :)