Scan Library Failed - Root Element is Missing?

moviefan

thisguy2626

Version 3.0.5340.21263

I was having the same issue last week, where my scans were failing but usually uninstalling and reinstalling the server sorted that out. But this week it has gone further in that the server will no longer access any of my networked drives just on one PC where my media is stored. my NAS and tablet both show up with access to their data...

The folders/drives where my media is stored on another PC is all fully shared and I can directly access them on the PC through windowsr, but if I attempt to scan the library it fails. I removed all of the library folders one at a time to try and sort out where it was erroring but it will no longer even show any of my media folders under my networked PC's name. It just said "Access to path '\\nick-room\e' is denied" I get the same error no matter the shared drive or folder that I attempt to access. I have to manually type out the directory as nothing comes up but the PC name in the network path section when I attempt to navigate to it through the media library tab of the server.

Is anyone else's issue this extreme?

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it helps...

Edit: Well upon reinstall I was able to readd the folders, but the scan media library is still failing and none of my folders show up under my pc nick-room when I attempt to navigate to the network path through the server still.

server-63543895721.txt

Edited by thisguy2626

Just for the record:

8/17 (Sun) 12:45am EDT - Issue stopping a library scan first reported (note, server was fully functional, it simply could not complete a scan in some instances)

8/17 (Sun) 10:15am EDT - Issue determined to most likely be due to a change at tvdb but also considered a server bug because we should have been resilient enough to handle this situation.  It simply had not occurred before so was not tested.

8/17 (Sun) 11:05am EDT - New version of server published that resolves the issue.

Total elapsed time: 10hrs 20mins.  Total support "staff": 2 (both in EDT zone).

Just try and get that kind of support from Microsoft ;).

• Like 9

Icepick

Still on Server Version 3.0.5340.21263

Can now scan the my whole libary without any problems. :D

I did not change anything? I did not add or change any of the TV ID's so I don't know why it just started working again lol weird. :o

Will keep you in the loop :huh:

I did not change anything? I did not add or change any of the TV ID's so I don't know why it just started working again lol weird. :o

More than likely, whatever the glitch was at tvdb was fixed on their end.

blade005

I can confirm Icepick scenario. (MBS Version: 3.0.5340.21263)

Did not alter any files in library, I am not on the DEV version of MBS and library scans are now completing without any issues. I did notice that TVDB.com was acting a bit flakey and unreliably yesterday when I was trying to access it outside of MBS scans.

Just for the record:

8/17 (Sun) 12:45am EDT - Issue stopping a library scan first reported (note, server was fully functional, it simply could not complete a scan in some instances)

8/17 (Sun) 10:15am EDT - Issue determined to most likely be due to a change at tvdb but also considered a server bug because we should have been resilient enough to handle this situation.  It simply had not occurred before so was not tested.

8/17 (Sun) 11:05am EDT - New version of server published that resolves the issue.

Total elapsed time: 10hrs 20mins.  Total support "staff": 2 (both in EDT zone).

Just try and get that kind of support from Microsoft ;).

Or any other company on a sunday ;) ... or any other day!

Great job guys!