Roku SW version 10.0.0 Build 4150-46 causes Emby to not work (Beta FW) - Please test beta 4.0.22+

robertxgonzalez
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

26 minutes ago, lowe1739 said:

my Roku and Emby just keep crashing. Worked last night no issues but now. no dice. 

I'm guessing this part of this same type of issue ?? 

Hi, yes do the details being discussed here apply to you?

lowe1739

yeah I just verified my Roku version is 10.0.0.4165 and it updated last night. 

I just added the beta Emby to it and will try that in a bit, to see if that works. 

I can sell to ebr if he still wants it! haha its the Roku ultra. :D will report soon. 

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes do the details being discussed here apply to you?

lowe1739
2 minutes ago, lowe1739 said:

yeah I just verified my Roku version is 10.0.0.4165 and it updated last night. 

I just added the beta Emby to it and will try that in a bit, to see if that works. 

I can sell to ebr if he still wants it! haha its the Roku ultra. :D will report soon. 

@Luke yep Beta app worked no issue. Cool i'm good using that the main app is updated. 

Dewberry1

Somehow Roku version 10 got on my device.  No I'm not a beta tester. My other Roku has version 9. Now because of version 10 emby does not work...how do I get back to version 9.   I've tried the home 5 times and it doesn't work

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Dewberry1 said:

Somehow Roku version 10 got on my device.  No I'm not a beta tester. My other Roku has version 9. Now because of version 10 emby does not work...how do I get back to version 9.   I've tried the home 5 times and it doesn't work

What do you mean it didn't work as dozens have already rolled back firmware.

You other option in leave the firmware and use the Emby Roku Beta channel.

Edited by Happy2Play

On 4/13/2021 at 3:33 PM, Dewberry1 said:

Hi.  Please install the beta of the app and let us know if it works properly.

Thanks.

pwhodges
38 minutes ago, Dewberry1 said:

I've tried the home 5 times and it doesn't work

But that's only half the incantation!  Home*5 then ScanForward*3 then ScanBack*2 is what you want.

Or just install the Emby beta which fixes this (then do the incantation to take your Roku off the beta stream, though we've been told this doesn't actually work either!).

Paul

1 hour ago, dimitrik said:

Beta app version works and also seems a bit faster. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting back.

bbdude

Beta app version works for me also. Thanks.

So at some point, I assume the Beta or its offspring will be released and then I assume we should resume using the released App. What is the best way to get notified when this happens?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, bbdude said:

Beta app version works for me also. Thanks.

So at some point, I assume the Beta or its offspring will be released and then I assume we should resume using the released App. What is the best way to get notified when this happens?

No easy way as updates are transparent to the user.  I guess you could follow the release notes or Latest Release topics.

Emby for Roku Release Notes - Roku - Emby Community

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21348-emby-latest-versions/&do=findComment&comment=208311

Possibly Announcements/blogs assuming on is published for this update.

Hi.  Yes, an update is already under review by Roku.  It should be live sometime on Monday (hopefully).

The new version of the Roku app has been released.  If you run into this issue, just force an update of the channel.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

lowe1739
On 4/19/2021 at 1:58 PM, ebr said:

The new version of the Roku app has been released.  If you run into this issue, just force an update of the channel.

Thanks.

it works! thanks everyone! Roku 4k  Ultra