Subtitles not showing, error in console

AToyGoat

AToyGoat

The following errors appear in the console when I try to play a file with internal subtitles:

wasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: WebAssembly: Expected Response or Promise resolving to Response
falling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation

Log files attached

Confirmed that the subtitles play correctly using VLC, cannot search for open subtitles as the episode only aired today so there are none available

ffmpeg-directstream-d5e51cfa-85f1-4376-aaea-efe3b8426d92_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-12870b2e-7b56-4e50-9a9d-522394d4643c_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-4915ef66-7a8e-45a9-b9e0-8c10f93d9aac_1.txt embyserver.txt

Hello AToyGoat,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

AToyGoat
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, as a test, does the same thing happen in Chrome?

Hi Luke,

No the error does not seem to appear in Chrome

AToyGoat
1 minute ago, Luke said:

So it's only an issue in firefox? Can you provide a sample video for testing?

Just to clarify you'd like me to upload the video that is causing the issues? It will be over the 195mb maximum upload if that is the case, file is 1.3 Gb ~

Kathy2601

The subtitles embedded in the video.mp4 file do not play from:
google chrome from pc
brave from pc

The subtitles external to the video.mp4 file, are not played from:
google chrome from pc
brave from pc
Android tv
Android mobile.

Kathy2601
AToyGoat

Small update, this issue is now also appearing for me in Chrome, recreation steps seem to be somewhat inconsistent.

• Like 1

AToyGoat

Further update from testing:

Got premier to test with and when playing the same file over 4G to my mobile the subtitles work straight away.

I cannot test http://app.emby.media as I am getting a connection failure error which I will need to make a seperate thread for as the Connectivity support page has not resolved my issue  Found an older post that fixed this issue for me, DuckDuckGo extension strikes again

Any further information you need from me to help with this or steps you would like me to take?

Edited by AToyGoat

On 3/27/2021 at 6:55 PM, AToyGoat said:

Further update from testing:

Got premier to test with and when playing the same file over 4G to my mobile the subtitles work straight away.

I cannot test http://app.emby.media as I am getting a connection failure error which I will need to make a seperate thread for as the Connectivity support page has not resolved my issue  Found an older post that fixed this issue for me, DuckDuckGo extension strikes again

Any further information you need from me to help with this or steps you would like me to take?

Hi, so you're all set now after removing the DuckDuckGo extension?

AToyGoat
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, so you're all set now after removing the DuckDuckGo extension?

No sorry, my fault for being unclear, that was just affecting me using app.emby.media.

The issue still occurs whether using app.emby.media or a direct connection

Kathy2601

The problem occurs from the pc, app.emby.media and localhost with the browsers: microsoft edge, brave, google chrome.

What I have been able to observe is that neither the internal and external subtitles work.

Something that I could see is that the short videos in duration if the subtitles work from pc, chrome, edge, brave.

On the other hand

Everything works fine from the android tv app, LG TV, only with the internal subtitles.

The external subtitles to the video do not work, neither from the pc, nor android, nor LG TV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

El problema se presenta desde la pc, app.emby.media y localhost con los navegadores: microsoft edge, brave, google chrome.

Lo que he podido observar es que ni los subtitulos internos y externos funcionan.

Algo que pude ver es que los videos cortos en duracion si le funcionan los subtitulos desde pc, chrome, edge, brave.

Por otra parte

Todo funciona bien desde el app android tv, TV LG, solamente con los subtitulos internos.

Los subtitulos externos al video no funcionan, ni desde la pc, ni android, ni LG TV.