Trakt - Sync library to Trakt.tv (Failed)

gberg

Hitsville

Hi Luke.

Firstly i want to apologize for my earlier frustration and Jellyfin comment. What a shambles that is on Android TV (May or may not passthru Atmos and may or may not trigger Dolby Vision.) So please forget I ever mentioned Jellyfin. 

So now... sadly 3.5.6.o made no difference.

Though its been a long shift and my eyes are too tired to see if there is a significant difference.

Here's the latest logs anyway. 

embyserver (4).txt

Edited by Hitsville

VirulentPip

I've been having failed issues myself, had to:

Revoke connection on Trakt
Uninstall Trakt Plug-in
Stop Emby server
Delete the trakt xml file in the Plug in config folder
Start Emby
Install Trakt Plug in and restart Emby
Reauth via the Plug in with the pin

Hopefully this helps. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hitsville said:

Hi Luke.

Firstly i want to apologize for my earlier frustration and Jellyfin comment. What a shambles that is on Android TV (May or may not passthru Atmos and may or may not trigger Dolby Vision.) So please forget I ever mentioned Jellyfin. 

So now... sadly 3.5.6.o made no difference.

Though its been a long shift and my eyes are too tired to see if there is a significant difference.

Here's the latest logs anyway. 

embyserver (4).txt 10.13 kB · 1 download

That's trakt sending back a 500 internal server error. Now it could be something on their end, or it could be that they don't like something about our requests and are failing because of that. I'm just not sure yet what the issue is.

Just now, Luke said:

That's trakt sending back a 500 internal server error. Now it could be something on their end, or it could be that they don't like something about our requests and are failing because of that. I'm just not sure yet what the issue is.

Maybe try a reset of the trakt config file like the other user has suggested.

Hitsville
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe try a reset of the trakt config file like the other user has suggested.

Yeah leave it with me a day or two. I did try already without luck. But will have more time to try and troubleshoot this later in the week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hitsville said:

Hey Luke I just spoke to Justin at trakt.

https://support.trakt.tv/support/tickets/12682

He’s asking if you can supply him with more specific details about the 500 error. 

Does he have any specific questions? We're just sending a post to the url:

https://api.trakt.tv/sync/playback/episodes

And then getting back a 500 response.

Hitsville

Hi @Luke.

I informed Justin at Trakt of what you mentioned in your last post regarding the 500 response.

He did make some changes at his end. Here are new logs.

embyserver (7).txt

But regardless import sync will still not run.

5 hours ago, Hitsville said:

Hi @Luke.

I informed Justin at Trakt of what you mentioned in your last post regarding the 500 response.

He did make some changes at his end. Here are new logs.

embyserver (7).txt 9.69 kB · 1 download

But regardless import sync will still not run.

There's still the same error coming back from them, except this time it looks like it might be from:

https://api.trakt.tv/sync/playback/movies

Gilgamesh_48
11 minutes ago, Hitsville said:

Now fixed by Trakt. 

For months I have been consistently getting a "failed" message after any attempt to sync my watched history to Trakt. But it actually did work. It also took over 10 minutes to report that it had failed.
Whatever Trakt did has caused my "failed" messages to go away and the time to return is down to 2 or so minutes.

Simply Trakt was working correctly but reporting an error and this has been happening for months. Trakt changed something and Trakt now works and does not report a non-existent error upon return.

So I thank Trakt and Emby. Whatever was broken is now no longer broken so I am quite content.

• Like 1

Hitsville
1 hour ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

For months I have been consistently getting a "failed" message after any attempt to sync my watched history to Trakt. But it actually did work. It also took over 10 minutes to report that it had failed.
Whatever Trakt did has caused my "failed" messages to go away and the time to return is down to 2 or so minutes.

Simply Trakt was working correctly but reporting an error and this has been happening for months. Trakt changed something and Trakt now works and does not report a non-existent error upon return.

So I thank Trakt and Emby. Whatever was broken is now no longer broken so I am quite content.

Yeah I have been actively working with Justin @ Trakt and passing on feedback from @Luke
It took a couple of attempts from Trakt. But third time was a charm. 

2 hours ago, Hitsville said:

Yeah I have been actively working with Justin @ Trakt and passing on feedback from @Luke
It took a couple of attempts from Trakt. But third time was a charm. 

Great to hear. Are you all set now?

• 1 month later...
fanuser79
On 4/22/2022 at 11:15 AM, Hitsville said:

Yep

Hey Hitsville,

is everything still working for you?

Because now I have a problem with trakt addon. Thit is what I get:

BadRequest at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

6 minutes ago, fanuser79 said:

Hey Hitsville,

is everything still working for you?

Because now I have a problem with trakt addon. Thit is what I get:

BadRequest at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. Thanks.

fanuser79
On 5/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, Luke said:

Please try removing and then resetting up your trakt authentication in the Emby Plugin. Thanks.

Well I tried. Nothing changed.

What am I not getting?

On 5/28/2022 at 6:58 PM, fanuser79 said:

Well I tried. Nothing changed.

What am I not getting?

What exactly did you do?

fanuser79
On 6/1/2022 at 8:05 PM, Luke said:

What exactly did you do?

Uninstalled addon, restarted, install, restart, setup

And I have another problem - when listening to audiobooks, emby server just crash (turn itself off)

2 minutes ago, fanuser79 said:

Uninstalled addon, restarted, install, restart, setup

And I have another problem - when listening to audiobooks, emby server just crash (turn itself off)

Please attach the emby server log from when this happened. Thanks.

fanuser79
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please attach the emby server log from when this happened. Thanks.

embyserver.txt

It is happening very often. This crash.

Gilgamesh_48
14 minutes ago, fanuser79 said:

This is the one place that Emby fails for me. That is Emby handles audiobooks VERY poorly in my experience. Even if it works OK the system is just not good for my listening pleasure. The problems include poor handling of long mp3 files, poor behavior when trying to FF or RW. Inconsistent remembering of restore points. Also many apps simply exit if paused for a period of time.

I do NOT sit down and play vegetable when I listen to audiobooks and Emby is not well suited to unmonitored  playback.

My solution is, for all audio functionality including both music and audiobooks, MediaMonkey. It just works without any real problems.

I use Emby for everything video but I use MediaMonkey for everything audio.