Trakt - Sync library to Trakt.tv (Failed)

gberg

Anyone else having issues with Trakt.tv plugin at the moment?

For me the Import playstates from Trakt.tv works just fine, but Sync library to Trakt.tv failes after just 1 second.

Here is what the log reports:

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 4.15.0-136-generic (buildd@lcy01-amd64-029) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #140-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 05:20:47 UTC 20
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Get failed
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: Trakt
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Edit.

I have removed the Trakt.xml file and then set up a new Trakt.tv token which didn't help. 

Then I removed the Trakt.tv plugin and reinstalled it, that didn't help either

After that I Revoked the access for Emby on the Trakt.tv site, and then set up a new token in the Trakt.tv plugin, also without any effect

Edited by gberg
tidy up

Gilgamesh_48

I believe you will need to contact Trakt to get your account unlocked. See:

and

I hope that helps a bit.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I believe you will need to contact Trakt to get your account unlocked. See:

and

I hope that helps a bit.

Ok, thanks!

But should't it say somewhere on the Trakt.tv site that my account is locked, if that is the case?

Gilgamesh_48
Just now, gberg said:

Ok, thanks!

But should't it say somewhere on the Trakt.tv site that my account is locked, if that is the case?

It did not say that anywhere in Trakt when I had a problem like that. I saw a "locked" message in my logs and when I created a "new" Trakt account everything was normal with the new account.

It can't hurt to ask at Trakt.

I do not know if your account is locked or not but it could be and it is easy to diagnose and fix.

I think I can confirm that my Trakt.tc account is locked, this is what comes up then opening TV Show & Movie Tracker - Trakt client:

8wendHh.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jonathanantoine.TVST&hl=en_US&gl=US

I have contacted Trakt.tv support about this, and hopefully they get back sooner than later. 

But I still don't understan why Trakt.tv choose not to tell their users straight out when the account is locked, there's not a hint about that on the Trakt.tv site. Isn't that strange?

Gilgamesh_48
29 minutes ago, gberg said:

But I still don't understan why Trakt.tv choose not to tell their users straight out when the account is locked, there's not a hint about that on the Trakt.tv site. Isn't that strange?

It is just how Trakt is. Not every app/forum is as responsive as this one and Trakt figures that it is always the fault of the user when things go wrong so they do not really want to give the user the info  they need ti troubleshoot problems.

Do not be surprised if when Trakt fixes the problem with your account you get a somewhat nasty email blaming you for the problem.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you get your account unlocked from them?

I have still not gotten any response from from Trakt support, anyone have any adeas how long one should expect it to take for them to answer?

Gilgamesh_48
6 hours ago, gberg said:

I have still not gotten any response from from Trakt support, anyone have any adeas how long one should expect it to take for them to answer?

I did successfully get my account unlocked some time ago. I had to use a "Contact us" link as they did not respond to any other attempt. I believe I filled out the form very completely but they unlocked my account about three days after I summited the form.

My best suggestion is to try again.

One more thing: I have a VIP membership, maybe that makes a difference with Trakt.

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I did successfully get my account unlocked some time ago. I had to use a "Contact us" link as they did not respond to any other attempt. I believe I filled out the form very completely but they unlocked my account about three days after I summited the form.

My best suggestion is to try again.

One more thing: I have a VIP membership, maybe that makes a difference with Trakt.

Ok, then I'll wait a couple of days more before I try to get hold of Trakt again, I contacted them on Thursday last week, so only two full workdays ago.

I don't have VIP membership.

Edited by gberg

WilhelmStroker

Yup it took a few days for them to get back to me when I was in the same situation. I used the form as well.

Now a week later since i contacted Trakt  I still haven't got any response, so I sent them a new support message and hope the see it this time.

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Sure, will do, when or if I get any response from Trakt.

drnotes

Took me 3 days and 2 emails to get unlocked. And they wrote:,

Looks like your account got stuffed with 218k plays history items by Emby.  I was able to dedupe your account and you should be back in business.

If you could, please bug the Emby guys for a fix.  I've let them know they have a problem with their plugin, yet I'm still clearing accounts every day with this duplication issue.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for ya.

2 hours ago, drnotes said:

Took me 3 days and 2 emails to get unlocked. And they wrote:,

Looks like your account got stuffed with 218k plays history items by Emby.  I was able to dedupe your account and you should be back in business.

If you could, please bug the Emby guys for a fix.  I've let them know they have a problem with their plugin, yet I'm still clearing accounts every day with this duplication issue.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for ya.

I also got answer back from Trakt today, after two support tickets, and 14 days !?!?! I got this answer:

"It looks like Emby stuffed your account with 218k play history items.  Your play history has been deduplicated to the best of our ability, and your API access has been unlocked.

Before using Trakt's API again, make sure to find a fix from this third party applications developer, or disable it entirely.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with."

It's funny that the play history number mentioned is exactly the same, I guess either Trakt support simply makes up a number, or could it possibly be Emby doing something that generates 218k play history items?
Edited by gberg

Now after I installed the latest Trakt.tv update earlier today I'm getting another error, it looks like this:

*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 4.15.0-140-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-054) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #144-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 19 14:12:35 UTC 20
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Post failed
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

For the most part I think it looks identical to the prevous error report, but earlier it said:

System.Exception: System.Exception: Get failed

And now it says:

This is what it looks like at the scheduled tskts, Import playstates from Trakt.tv work, but Sync library to trackt.tv fails

image.png.45959c4e2e4855673623be2c90071643.png

But in reality it looks like everything is actually working, I get playstates from Trakt, and new movies and TV shows gets uploaded to my Trakt account.

Edited by gberg

Gilgamesh_48
On 3/29/2021 at 6:26 AM, gberg said:

Now after I installed the latest Trakt.tv update earlier today I'm getting another error, it looks like this:

*** Error Report ***
	Operating system: Linux version 4.15.0-140-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-054) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #144-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 19 14:12:35 UTC 20
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

For the most part I think it looks identical to the prevous error report, but earlier it said:

System.Exception: System.Exception: Get failed

And now it says:

This is what it looks like at the scheduled tskts, Import playstates from Trakt.tv work, but Sync library to trackt.tv fails

image.png.45959c4e2e4855673623be2c90071643.png

But in reality it looks like everything is actually working, I get playstates from Trakt, and new movies and TV shows gets uploaded to my Trakt account.

That happens during the "Import playstates from Trakt.TV." The "import" part is not the only thing that happens during that process. The "Sync" task does more but the "import" does some things besides that and can  be used to bring Trakt up to date with the older movies and TV shows. The "import" function serves to keep everything up to date and it looks like that is succeeding for you.

I believe that the "Sync" function will force the watched status from that server on your Trakt library so that it will override the watched status from other servers. If you are only using one server with Trakt as a backup for watched status then the "Sync" only needs to be run when initializing the Trakt library. After that you just need to run the "import" function on a regular basis to keep Trakt current.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

That happens during the "Import playstates from Trakt.TV." The "import" part is not the only thing that happens during that process. The "Sync" task does more but the "import" does some things besides that and can  be used to bring Trakt up to date with the older movies and TV shows. The "import" function serves to keep everything up to date and it looks like that is succeeding for you.

I believe that the "Sync" function will force the watched status from that server on your Trakt library so that it will override the watched status from other servers. If you are only using one server with Trakt as a backup for watched status then the "Sync" only needs to be run when initializing the Trakt library. After that you just need to run the "import" function on a regular basis to keep Trakt current.

The "sync" function also add new shows and movies to the collection at Trakt.tv.

And some of the Emby users are also using Kodi, so I would like to keep things synced. But at the moment I only have one Trakt.tv user configured.

Edited by gberg

I see the log olso shows a whole bunch of "Error Trakt: TraktResponse not Found:{}" messageds when Trakt schedule runs. I don't whant to spam this thread, more than I already have done, so here is what it looks like.

https://pastebin.com/raw/nZt4RPJm

Edited by gberg