Livetv recording schedule feedback

veehexx1

veehexx1

as a new user to emby and from what i can gather liveTV is a relatively new feature; first up, great work so far so please don't take this as an unhappy post, i'm very happy with emby after a week of use!

Not sure if this is worth a single post in feature requests, but i'd like to give some feedback with the current system.

Scheduling needs to expand on filtering & search method:

• ability to filter based on program length. Some shows have 2 types, a highlights version (say, 30 minutes) and live stream (say, 2 hours) but they appear as the same title in EPG. having a way to specifically target that longer 2hour slot
  • ability to define a recording schedule without the program currently being present in the guide. This would be helpful for those 'coming soon' program adverts that dont yet have an entry in EPG or too far in the future for the EPG to have it visible.
  • add keyword search. for example i want to record anything with 'motorsport' in the EPG info which could range from F1, Touring car, various rallies or Formula E etc
  • Record type; 'new episodes only' appears to match any new episode that emby has not currently recorded, rather than those listed as new in the EPG (i assume new episode = missing the 'repeat' flag from EPG data)
  • Expanding on 'new episodes only' above, this should also allow the ability to target the first showing of a new episode rather than a rerun at a later time.
  • Priorities. for users with limited tuners then conflicts are likely. a way to prioritize certain recordings higher than others would be hugely beneficial. Could maybe further expand by having channel priorities where schedules will prefer HD over SD.

Recordings:

• if creating a schedule with a currently broadcasting match, then emby will start recording immediately even though its missed X minutes. This then counts to your max recorded limit. imo if a program has already started broadcasting then emby should exclude it unless explicitly told to record that episode.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • ability to define a recording schedule without the program currently being present in the guide. This would be helpful for those 'coming soon' program adverts that dont yet have an entry in EPG or too far in the future for the EPG to have it visible.
  • add keyword search. for example i want to record anything with 'motorsport' in the EPG info which could range from F1, Touring car, various rallies or Formula E etc

Hi, yes these are planned for future updates.

• Record type; 'new episodes only' appears to match any new episode that emby has not currently recorded, rather than those listed as new in the EPG (i assume new episode = missing the 'repeat' flag from EPG data)

Hi, that's not quite true. Check and make sure you also don't have the option set to skip recording episodes that are already in your library.

Recordings:

• if creating a schedule with a currently broadcasting match, then emby will start recording immediately even though its missed X minutes. This then counts to your max recorded limit. imo if a program has already started broadcasting then emby should exclude it unless explicitly told to record that episode.

Hi, I think you can argue that one either way. Options are always possible. Thanks for the feedback.