DLNA transcoding to Panasonic Viera not working

bulentaltan

twistedLucidity

Oh, so that's what "ResponseFile" does. I tired:

<ResponseProfile container="m4v" type="Video" mimeType="video/mp4">
      <Conditions />
    </ResponseProfile>

And it did not work, still lists them as "Unsupported". Clearly there is something about them the TV does not like.

I have now figured out the BBB3D problem I think, it's the vertical resolution of 2160. Guess I need to figure out how to transcode that down to 1080 (so not a problem with Emby)

Interesting...when I try this, the mp4 files fail. I guess that means my Pana doens't support "ts" for DLNA.

<ResponseProfile container="mp4" type="Video" mimeType="video/ts">
      <Conditions />
    </ResponseProfile>

Or I screwed-up the mimeType...

Edited by twistedLucidity

• 1 month later...
Andycatho

Folks,

I have recently upgraded to Emby after using Mediatomb for several years. I have a Panasonic Viera TX-P42G15B which I bought in January 2010. This TV was pretty lacking in media abilities, but it does have DLNA functionality. After installing Emby on my Freenas server, I was not able to stream to the TV as it kept reporting "File Type Not Supported". 

After lots of assistance through reading forum posts, I finally got the Viera TX-P42G15B working. I used the following settings.

Video Codec : mpeg4

Audio :  mp3

I tried all other video codecs and none worked except for mpeg4. I also changed the following settings as per previous forum post.

Emby Playback Settings

Max Streaming Bit Rate to: 500000000

So all is working. Many thanks to everyone for their posts.

Andy

Hi, welcome. Not even h264 worked? Well i guess that might make sense for a 2010 TV.