Jump to content

New Plugin - Actor Image Web Scraper


mickle026
 Share

Recommended Posts

I tried both plugin versions but unfortunately they don't seem work on a Synology NAS. In the dashboard there is no config for the plugin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
scouser1023

Hi Everyone,

I have been with Emby for a lot of years now but man I have to say I absolutely HATE it when something like this goes wrong.  Always some BS command prompt stuff that needs to be done after hours of research.  With core functions we should not have to scour the contacts of the forum for hours with no real do x, y, z to fix the problem. 

Vent over.

Has anyone managed to load this on a Synology NAS?  Clearly its not in the plug in selections so I assume I will need to drop on .dll on a folder somewhere in the NAS that by design will not be easy to access.  Before I jump into putty etc figured I would ask.

Is there an official plug in to handle this?  I took a look and did not see anything.

Thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

scouser1023
On 4/26/2021 at 10:50 AM, BaukeZwart said:

I tried both plugin versions but unfortunately they don't seem work on a Synology NAS. In the dashboard there is no config for the plugin.

Hi Bauke,

Did you manually load the plug in and are saying it will not work due to the lack of a config option in the emby server app?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, scouser1023 said:

Hi Bauke,

Did you manually load the plug in and are saying it will not work due to the lack of a config option in the emby server app?

Yes, that was what happened.
But I think it was a permission issue. I'm now running Emby in Docker on Synology. I find adding addons much easier when using Docker.
Haven't tried this plugin since moving to Docker, but I have loaded other plugins manually without any issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I have installed the custom person provider and selected IMDB as the only scraper,  but although IMDB has an image for an actor, it is not being shown when I search for images. This is running the latest custom person provider on the latest Emby beta

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

I have installed the custom person provider and selected IMDB as the only scraper,  but although IMDB has an image for an actor, it is not being shown when I search for images. This is running the latest custom person provider on the latest Emby beta

Not sure plugin has been updated for 4.6.4.0+ and people management changes it brought with. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Any chance of a plugin update that would allow us to sort the scrapers by priority or at least make TMDB the #1 option for scraping actor images?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TMDB is not scraped at all by this plugin.  Emby has its own plugin for that.

Any images returned with a tmdb id come from my personal server which I update from time to time.  There will be images on my personal sever that tmdb does NOT have, but also in reverse tmdb may have images that I don't have.

The Emby tmdb plugin will fetch those images on media addition, mine will only *currently* fetch on thumbnail selection. 

DEVi is dev server with imdb id, DEVt is dev server with tmdb id.  Either may not match what tmdb or imdb is offering , its what I offer on my server with those id's

The images in the image below marked TheMovieDb are fetched by the tmdb plugin

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 00-49-34 Emby.png

Edited by mickle026
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2021 at 11:15, GrimReaper said:

Not sure plugin has been updated for 4.6.4.0+ and people management changes it brought with. 

Emby should save them where Emby is set to, so it should be compatitble with new releases, although I have not currently checked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/04/2021 at 17:56, Guest said:

any plan for this to do artist/album artist as well at some point?

I cannot say at this point, maybe ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, mickle026 said:

TMDB is not scraped at all by this plugin.  Emby has its own plugin for that.

Any images returned with a tmdb id come from my personal server which I update from time to time.  There will be images on my personal sever that tmdb does NOT have, but also in reverse tmdb may have images that I don't have.

The Emby tmdb plugin will fetch those images on media addition, mine will only *currently* fetch on thumbnail selection. 

DEVi is dev server with imdb id, DEVt is dev server with tmdb id.  Either may not match what tmdb or imdb is offering , its what I offer on my server with those id's

The images in the image below marked TheMovieDb are fetched by the tmdb plugin

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 00-49-34 Emby.png

I was referring to the fact that if a person doesn't have an image downloaded and you click on their profile, this plugin will take priority over the TMDB plugin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You do this in library settings for each library of type movies.  The settings allow you to move the prorities up or down.  You dont do this in the plugin itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this works differently because I rely on NFOs rather than refreshing metadata from Emby, but this is the scenario I'm referring to:

You have an actor in your library that currently has no image, but there is an image on TMDB that has not been downloaded. If I click on that actor, instead of the TMDB image being downloaded, your plugin downloads an image from one of its sources rather than allowing the TMDB image to download. I was asking if it was possible to prioritize the TMDB plugin download first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As stated this is done in the LIBRARY settings.  There are \/   /\  arrows to move the priorioty of the plugins you have enabled.  This is not done in the plugin itself.  Emby controls priority.

But I see you a kind of right as the Beta Emby App doesn't show for people in movies (I cannot state whether it actually did before or not), but it does for Artists in music (sorry the plugin isnt released yet with the music artist update as its still in progress), There is no Actor Image Fetcher prority settings.

@Lukewill have to interject in this thread to say if the priority can be altered or is planned for movies or tv.

 

If you click the Magnify glass you can always choose which image is downloaded.

 

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 20-59-56 Emby.png

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 20-59-28 Emby.png

Edited by mickle026
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People images come attached with the movies and series metadata they belong to, so that's why there's no prioritization of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Luke

tr0nllam

So if you get metadata then your people images should come from whoever provides that,tmdb, tvdb etc
From what you have said it appears this is not happening in your case, so I would check that these plugins are enabledin your library?

If they arent then it will get from this plugin if its turned on


Otherwise it looks like currently you will have to turn the plugin off when you add new movie/tv media if its intererferring and back on when you want to use it.

Edited by mickle026
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...