Backup / Restore Actors - Beta with local or web based restore.

mickle026
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

mickle026
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Great stuff, @mickle026. I reckon you can also dump search inside movie/TV show root folder - images will either be in .actors subfolder or not at all, spare some time.

If it works i'll probably add it as a check box option to check the root incase anyone wants to use it, along with dumping the log as an option.  That's not so high on the agenda right now.  This has been a good and welcome distraction but now I need to fix the backup part next.

Just glad I could help out :), there should be all the tools needed now to fix actors for TV and Series, didn't know People in Episodes were seperate though from the Series! So thanks for that.

GrimReaper

Still seeing Missing searching inside Season folder:

13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Movie/Episode/Person: Persons of Interest & Chris Long
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\.actors\Chris_Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\.actors\Chris Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\Chris_Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\Chris Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 No File was found matching the Actor in Media folder

13.Feb.2022-04.51.27CustomProvider-MEDIAFOLDER.actors(MISSING)_Repair_Report.txt

GrimReaper
Just now, mickle026 said:

Just glad I could help out :), there should be all the tools needed now to fix actors for TV and Series, didn't know People in Episodes were seperate though from the Series! So thanks for that.

I know you'll make more than few users extremely happy. 👍

tr0nllam
8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Still seeing Missing searching inside Season folder:

13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Movie/Episode/Person: Persons of Interest & Chris Long
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\.actors\Chris_Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\.actors\Chris Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\Chris_Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Checking for File: C:\Test\Test Series\SUSPICION (2022)\Season 1\Chris Long.jpg
13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 No File was found matching the Actor in Media folder

13.Feb.2022-04.51.27CustomProvider-MEDIAFOLDER.actors(MISSING)_Repair_Report.txt 10.89 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah, I see the same issue. It's looking for the episode actor images inside of the Season folder and not the Series root folder.

Commerzpunk

@mickle026 I just want to let you know that it feels like you solve issues and pain thats been arround for year in Emby in such a high speed and with so much interaction with the users.

It makes me cry and it makes Emby so much better right now!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

mickle026

13.Feb.2022  -  04.51.28 Movie/Episode/Person: Persons of Interest & Chris Long

I fixed this issue in bold so it properly identifies as just an Episode , I had done it for repair ALL Actors but not for repair MISSING Actors (was tired & sleepy - sorry)

13.Feb.2022 - 09.04.39 Episode/Person: Pretty and Painful & Bob Brisbane

Added build version to the top of this particular logfile incase we get into any confusion & moved the logfile date to the end.

411649879_Screenshot2022-02-13at09-10-57Emby.png.328f6dda23076ce03b9cefe0e21a1f46.png

They should identify now as
TV Series/Person - this is the main entry
Episode/Person - individual episodes
Movie/Person - movies

Edited by mickle026
Remove download

tr0nllam
38 minutes ago, mickle026 said:

I fixed this issue in bold so it properly identifies as just an Episode , I had done it for repair ALL Actors but not for repair MISSING Actors (was tired & sleepy - sorry)

Added build version to the top of this particular logfile incase we get into any confusion & moved the logfile date to the end.

411649879_Screenshot2022-02-13at09-10-57Emby.png.328f6dda23076ce03b9cefe0e21a1f46.png

They should identify now as
TV Series/Person - this is the main entry
Episode/Person - individual episodes
Movie/Person - movies

CustomProvider.zip 2.99 MB · 1 download

It works perfectly now. Thanks!

mickle026
4 hours ago, TallBoiDez said:

@mickle026 has the custom back up location issue been fixed for emby or are you still working on it?

Sorry not fixed yet, that is next as I use that a lot.  SO it will get fixed for sure.  I completely broke it trying to find out why linux kernel systems were failing.  Even broke it for windows os.
I cannot give you a timeframe at the moment, but it will be next.

Simply a trailing slash on directopry creation!  However it didn't appear like that.  it was saying permissions issue.  "chown -R emby /<backup path>/*" wasn't fixing it.
I'm definately not a linux guru or a good programmer (still learning on the fly by trial and error), but have to say linux is nice. However, I find the fact that you cannot alter anything unless its in the home directory very frustrating after many years on windows & the single mouse click rather than double click a bit strange.  I suppose you would get used to it.

I use visual studio a lot and photoshop, do you know if they can be made to work on linux? maybe through wine? - I have done zero research but fed up of microsoft forcing sh*t on me and the randomly rebooting my machine with updates even when updates are turned OFF.

I have a B250 motherboard & i5 6600k chip I bought for a file server a few years ago sat in a box and never used that would probably be good for linux.  I bought the b250 because I thought that I would be able to add many Sata expansion cards for many drives( I have lots of old ones), and didnt realise that I would have to daisy chain many PSU's, and there doesnt seem to be any dedicated molex or sata PSU's without the rest of the PC power ie the 24pin & 6+2 etc.
This actual PC that I am using is pretty poor its a AMD A8-7650K Raedon R7, but it does what I need.  I don't play games. I think the littleMSI Cubi5 NUC on my TV is more powerful than my PC!

Any way back to the question,

I know now what I have to do to fix what was wrong, but I have to rework the lot to support it as I was building the paths using different parts of the system on the fly.  I cannot do this way if I want to support linux as there are just too many locations where it can fail.

It is next :)

Edited by mickle026

tr0nllam
On 2/12/2022 at 12:02 AM, tr0nllam said:

I've noticed in using the new beta plugin that it takes a very long time to load certain actor pages. In the previous version of the Custom Person Provider plugin, that could happen if you had a lot of scrapers selected and the actor had no primary image, but in this version, it happens with certain actors even when they already have an image.

The more scrapers I turn on, the longer it takes, even though it shouldn't be searching for an actor image in this scenario.

Also, the People Web Scrapers function doesn't seem to work unless you either turn on the Developer Server or add a Custom Server URL.

I tested this some more and it seems to be related to Actor Metadata. Actors with metadata load normally, but if the actor doesn't have metadata, the actor page will become slower to load, even if you turn off the "Get Actor Metadata from the Custom Provider servers" option in the plugin.

mickle026
8 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

I tested this some more and it seems to be related to Actor Metadata. Actors with metadata load normally, but if the actor doesn't have metadata, the actor page will become slower to load, even if you turn off the "Get Actor Metadata from the Custom Provider servers" option in the plugin.

I see the same here.

After the first one, they were all instant after that - odd.

I'll add it to my to do list, thanks

Edited by mickle026

mickle026
On 22/02/2022 at 16:56, TallBoiDez said:

Has there been any updates or changes to the plugin?

Yes, a lot of work is going on in the background.

Here is its current state if you want to look.

I have rewritten People Backup with linux in mind - but not tested on linux yet, there are a few new features to this, like support for TVDB & problem logging.  The logging has been changed (again) so that for the backup section its now under a checkbox for logging to file, and some of it can be turned off.

More support has been added for image within the media folder
2070015222_Screenshot2022-02-23at11-47-16Emby.thumb.png.1243f69beeacb12e8a40a7ce4e877afe.png

The Scan & Fix Episode Image tool is still a work in progress, as writing the backup for images I found a load of broken links in my database on my main server (which I thought was all good now).  THere is also a report for this on the report tab, that doesn't alter anything, it just reports and mine reports hundreds of files that tvdb have either moved or deleted.

There is more, but I cannot remember off my head.

Edited by mickle026
Remove download

TallBoiDez
30 minutes ago, mickle026 said:

CustomProvider.zip 2.68 MB · 1 download

I have rewritten People Backup with linux in mind - but not tested on linux yet, there are a few new features to this, like support for TVDB & problem logging.  The logging has been changed (again) so that for the backup section its now under a checkbox for logging to file, and some of it can be turned off.

2070015222_Screenshot2022-02-23at11-47-16Emby.thumb.png.1243f69beeacb12e8a40a7ce4e877afe.png

The Scan & Fix Episode Image tool is still a work in progress, as writing the backup for images I found a load of broken links in my database on my main server (which I thought was all good now).  THere is also a report for this on the report tab, that doesn't alter anything, it just reports and mine reports hundreds of files that tvdb have either moved or deleted.

Okay, I'll download it and give it a try

mickle026

Todays update:
 *Fix Counter in Episode Invalid http link reporter (will now tell you how many episode images wont load over http because of errors such as removed or deleted files on webservers)
 *Added TVDB and Linux support to Backup People
 *Fix crash in Episode Tools: Backup, Invalid Link Reporter and Invalid Link Repair

Still not tested in linux.  However backup People and Episodes should now work.

Edited by mickle026
Remove download

TallBoiDez
On 2/23/2022 at 6:45 AM, mickle026 said:

CustomProvider.zip 2.68 MB · 4 downloads

The people backup is working on Linux

mickle026
6 minutes ago, TallBoiDez said:

The people backup is working on Linux

Cool, I just need to fix the restore then ...

Hi, I tried the fix actor cards, but I only get this weird error:

2022-02-26 00:25:31.368 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.20348
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. : 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\https:\www.thetvdb.com\banners\person\300506\tv-78901.jpg'
	   at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.EnsureDataInitialized()
	   at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
	   at CustomProvider.CustomProvider.ValidImage(String Path)
	   at CustomProvider.CustomProvider.Get(fixBrokenActorFiles result)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.IO.FileSystem
	TargetSite: Void EnsureDataInitialized()

mickle026

Todays update.

Added Url Support to fix Actor Cards, to support above error thrown @QowyLet me know if it still errors, thanks.
Added some Series Repair Tools (not fully tested yet)

Edited by mickle026
Remove download

Some progress, it still crashes at a certain (different) entry, but now we get the plugin writing logs

2022-02-26 12:29:32.673 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.20348
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Emby\metadata\library\9e\9e158806cb4d4935b5a930482cb20107\folder.jpg'.
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
	   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFileInternal(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at EmbyServer.Windows.WindowsFileSystem.DeleteFileInternal(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFile(String path, Boolean sendToRecycleBin)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteFile(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.DeleteImage(ImageType type, Int32 index)
	   at CustomProvider.CustomProvider.Get(fixBrokenActorFiles result)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.IO.FileSystem
	TargetSite: Void DeleteFile(System.String)

26.Feb.2022-12.29.30 CustomProvider-PEOPLE_IMAGES_Report.txt

mickle026

@Qowy
Try this one.

Should now handle if file entry doesn't exist in storage.

D:\Emby\metadata\library\9e\9e158806cb4d4935b5a930482cb20107\folder.jpg

Must be missing from the storage drive.

Edited by mickle026
Remove download

Hm weird still the same error. And yes I checked the file does not exist

And yes I am wondering myself why my metadata has so many errors :D

Are you maybe only checking for file not foound, But this is a Directrory not found exception?

Edited by Qowy

mickle026

Going to work now, but I'll check again when I get back.

Can you verify that the file exists or not or even the drive or folder?

The filename, directory name, or volume label

Also is it exactly the same error with the same file?

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Emby\metadata\library\9e\9e158806cb4d4935b5a930482cb20107\folder.jpg'