TV Show Views

JoshFink

JoshFink

Let me preface this by saying that I'm coming from years of using MB2.

I've started playing around with MBT and movies and TV look fantastic.

I've noticed though that when viewing TV that there are so many extra button clicks that I'm never going to get it past the WAF. 

I like the poster view. If I click a show poster, then it will open up and then I have to click Seasons at the top and then click the season (even if it's a single season) and then click the show. 

Is there any way to have it default into seasons (honestly, I don't need to see a synopsis of the show every single time I click on it) and directly into episodes if there is one season?

I'm still learning my way around it so perhaps I missed it.

Thanks

Josh

swhitmore

MBT is in the middle of an overhaul. Hopefully we will see a spring of UI improvements once it is finished.

• Like 1

JoshFink

Thanks.. Any kind of a timeframe for that? IMO it's pretty feature complete, for my needs, but with the wife it will never fly which means I need to use MBC which probably means it's just easier to leave MB2 in place for now. Which I really don't want to do. 

With MB3 I could substantially reduce the number of programs I'm using to just one but in the end I don't dare face the wrath of the wife and her missing Keeping up with the Kardashians.  :D

Don't take this as me trying to rush you I'm just trying to plan ahead..

Josh

swhitmore

I wish there was. I'm a big user of MBT, and would love to see it feature complete. I noticed that channels was just added to the latest dev build, hopefully Live TV and Music are't too far behind. 

Why do you think you'd be better off sticking with MB 2 over using MBC?  You would still get all the benefits of MB 3 just within the familiar WMC interface...

JoshFink

Only because with MB2 I don't need to redo a thing right now. It just works. If I'm going to take the time to upgrade all the clients then I would like to do it I can just reformat and go to MBT. I would really like to get rid of media center all together.