Docker Container - no shell access for copying SSL cert to container?

jm20122012
Go to solution Solved by jm20122012,

jm20122012

Hi, just installed the Emby docker container on my Linux (Ubuntu) docker host.  I've been running a normal Emby server for a while, and normally I just use the shell to copy the SSL cert onto the server, then I can enter the filepath to the cert in the network settings.  However apparently with the Emby docker image there's no shell installed.  So how do I copy the SSL cert into the Emby docker and/or how do I enable a shell so I can use the exec command?  I know this is more of a docker use question than an Emby one specifically, but I cannot find information on how to do this, and I've been googling for about an hour.  Thanks.

Edited by jm20122012

• Solution
jm20122012

So some of the docker forum posts I was reading weren't clear and led me to believe that the Emby container didn't have any shell since the "exec" command wasn't working when trying to connect using the "/bin/bash" shell and since there wasn't a shell listed under the "CMD" env variable.  It turns out the Emby container does have a shell, but it's "/bin/sh" and not "/bin/bash".  I was able to use the exec command to create a "certs" directory in the container and then use the "cp" command to copy the user cert from my local machine to the "certs" directory in the container.

Q-Droid

Is your config directory not on a host volume outside the container? You shouldn't have to make changes in the container.