"TV show" two versions of the same episode are not merged + forcing the group removes the duplicate as if it did not exist.

Eremitak
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Eremitak

As the title suggests, I'm having a problem with double versions of the same episodes (not movies but "TV series"). I say "TV Show" because they are "+18 H." (screenshots will be censored for security).

The question is simple:

image.png.1e9d269617cc8f90c1fc32de07d2aa49.png In theory they are renamed right.
My rule follows this pattern:

Show Name - SxxEyy - Release Group Name 1 [TV] + Release Group Name 2 [BD] - OEyyy - Episode Title - Extra Info from original release Ex: [1080p]

Where is it:
TV if subtitles are present are based on the TV version of the video.
OE = Original Episode
For example, an OVA that would be episode 25 of a series on TheTVDB is perhaps considered s00e13. By doing so I know that s00e13 is actually ep 25 of the absolute numbering.
Wrapped OE is the absolute number of that episode, EX: "One Piece - s21e59 - OPF HD - OE950 - .mp4".

Now, that episode of the group "HF", is seen as ep 1 but separate from episode 1 of [80vogliadihentai]: image.thumb.png.14d666d18b60fba20880b907e954e838.png

So if I select them and group them (which should merge them into a single entry) I should solve the problem, right?

This happens instead: image.thumb.png.e9393a7a8652bd2eff80abfbd0eb79d8.png

The episode of the group "HF" disappears and if I open the only episode 1 available, it is as before (as a single episode, no choice). Also, I can't even tell him to delete the group because it just isn't created (apparently).
Maybe I'm noob I and something wrong?
The result I thought I was getting is like for movies (where this problem doesn't arise).

I want to clarify one thing, this problem has been present for like 3 4 months, emby updates itself ... So I don't think it's a specific version bug.

Thanks in advance 👍

• Solution
Happy2Play

Best guess is possibly not identified properly, then actual naming scheme.  

stagione sconosciuto = unknown season

Since the Season is unknown Emby is unable to automatically merge them.  You have no season folder or identifier in episode name.

But yes attempting to group unknow season item does provide unexpected results. @Luke

Changing 01 naming to S01E01 works.

Edited by Happy2Play

Eremitak
14 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, Have a read here of the possible naming conventions you can use:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

If you rename you files correctly this issue should go away.
You can use Filebot or similar util to do this for you.

Thanks, too bad that filebot is paid. Apparently the group function is related to numbered seasons @Happy2Play. Thanks anyway

13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Best guess is possibly not identified properly, then actual naming scheme.  

stagione sconosciuto = unknown season

Since the Season is unknown Emby is unable to automatically merge them.  You have no season folder or identifier in episode name.

But yes attempting to group unknow season item does provide unexpected results. @Luke

Changing 01 naming to S01E01 works.

Yes, I changed the names and he immediately recognized the double verisons. Thanks.
However why if it's an unknown season shouldn't it bring them together? After all, they are still two episodes 1 that are part of the "unknown" season 🤔