Cannot select folders in Music

IsHome

Hello,

I want to play MP3 files on my Yamaha Receiver.
If my Yamaha Receiver connects to the Synology / Emby server via DLNA and I choose Music, then I cannot select the Folders option.
If I choose Video, for example, I can select the Folders option.
What's the problem: the Music option has 11 sub options, 1 of which (9, 10 or 11) is Folders.
However, the screen only shows 8 sub options, for options 9, 10 and 11 you have to scroll the list.
If you scroll the list something strange happens, instead of showing sub options 9, 10 and 11 the list of sub options is refreshed and sub options 1, 2 and 3 are given the numbers of sub options 9, 10 and 11
The sub options 9, 10 and 11 are not visible and therefore not selectable.
So in Music scrolling the list/scroll function has a bug.

I have attached some tvscreenpictures.

Emby server: V 4.5.2.0 on Synology NAS DS918+: DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2

dlna - films - suboptions - mappen.jpg

dlna - films - suboptions.jpg

dlna - muziek - suboptions - 8 van 11.jpg

dlna - muziek - suboptions - 9 van 11.jpg

dlna - muziek - suboptions - 10 van 11.jpg

dlna - muziek - suboptions - 11 van 11.jpg

dlna - muziek - suboptions.jpg

Hi Luke,

It is the dlna software of the Yamaha receiver.
As a test, I installed Plex on a second Synology (test) server and connected it with the same Yamaha receiver with DLNA.
Plex only has 8 sub options (1 of which is folders) in Music and they are visible on the screen, just like the first 8 of Emby.
There are no more sub options in Plex so I could not test the scroll problem.

It now seems indeed that not Emby but the dlna software of the receiver itself causes this scroll problem :(
Can I possibly still influence this scrolling problem through a modified dlna profile in Emby server?
And if so how can I set that up?

T.I.A.
Greetings

dlna - muziek - suboptions - plex.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hey,
Is there anyone of the emby users with a Yamaha receiver who also has the Folders problem?
I just can't get it done. (It works with Plex, but I don't want to use it). So I hope for a solution from the community.
Situation: I want to play music files via the folders option.
Yamaha Receiver (RX-V685) connects to the Emby server via DLNA and choose Music, in my case i then cannot select the Folders option.
If that works in your configuration, has a special dlna profile been applied, or ..... ?

(Emby on Docker v4.6.4.0 and Emby on Docker v4.7.0.7 beta)
thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, IsHome said:

Hey,
Is there anyone of the emby users with a Yamaha receiver who also has the Folders problem?
I just can't get it done. (It works with Plex, but I don't want to use it). So I hope for a solution from the community.
Situation: I want to play music files via the folders option.
Yamaha Receiver (RX-V685) connects to the Emby server via DLNA and choose Music, in my case i then cannot select the Folders option.
If that works in your configuration, has a special dlna profile been applied, or ..... ?

(Emby on Docker v4.6.4.0 and Emby on Docker v4.7.0.7 beta)
thanks in advance.

Hi, what happens when the try so select folders?

Right OK. I think we haven't added folder view to dlna yet but we can look at adding it. Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 months later...
FrederikB

dlna-plex.thumb.jpg.766f68cdf45e53a024725bd689964520.jpgdlna-emby.thumb.jpg.517e8e220594f2b4f143f41277677abb.jpgHi, exactly the same setup here. I recently moved from Plex to emby but still have the Plex server running for that one reason: Folder View for my 2 Yamaha receivers. I'm amazed it hasnt been switched on in emby's DLNA b/c in my view devices like audio streamers are important clients for DLNA. For all other you'll have the app (Android, iOS, AppleTV), right?

And, using the audio device, any other option like album, artist, genres are all unusable b/c there are thousands and thousands of them and that's exactly why I (and many like me) have created their well thought out folder structure - that works on a simple UI.

So please enable Music-Folder View to make the choice for emby complete.

• Thanks 1