Jump to content

Chromecast Issue - Emby 4.5.1.0


Lun
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, LeidenSpai said:

I just tried to rename TV Mi Stick to Mi Stick (using the menu itself, because from Home it is not possible).

And nothing, the same thing keeps happening: "ready to cast" and the emby logo appear on the TV, but if from the mobile you give it to send, it is not even seen on the mobile that is sent-

Can you try it again? thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2020 at 5:55 PM, LeidenSpai said:

I just tried to rename TV Mi Stick to Mi Stick (using the menu itself, because from Home it is not possible).

And nothing, the same thing keeps happening: "ready to cast" and the emby logo appear on the TV, but if from the mobile you give it to send, it is not even seen on the mobile that is sent-

Ok i found an issue related to special characters in the Chromecast device name. Please give it another try. Thanks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LeidenSpain
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok i found an issue related to special characters in the Chromecast device name. Please give it another try. Thanks !

The same 😩😩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LeidenSpain
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

What is your Chromecast name?

The one I'm using now for testing "My Stick"

The MiBox S I do not remember, and the Chromecast, well "Chromecast" 😅😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, LeidenSpai said:

The one I'm using now for testing "My Stick"

The MiBox S I do not remember, and the Chromecast, well "Chromecast" 😅😅

Can you please attach the emby server log? thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, LeidenSpai said:

What about video playback, can you provide a log example of that? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LeidenSpain
On 10/21/2020 at 7:14 AM, Luke said:

What about video playback, can you provide a log example of that? Thanks.

19:03 i try to play a local video from the server

I see there is a -2H on the timeline

embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, LeidenSpai said:

19:03 i try to play a local video from the server

I see there is a -2H on the timeline

embyserver.txt 634.12 kB · 0 downloads

There's no communications here from your Chromecast device. This means that although your casting device can reach your Chromecast receiver, your Chromecast receiver can't reach your Emby Server. Does your Emby Server display the correct local and remote addresses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LeidenSpain
3 hours ago, Luke said:

There's no communications here from your Chromecast device. This means that although your casting device can reach your Chromecast receiver, your Chromecast receiver can't reach your Emby Server. Does your Emby Server display the correct local and remote addresses?

I just saw that in the server data the public address was correct, but the private one was the internal IP of the docker, not the server's

image.png.144356868cc14b8fffbfe83573fcdaf0.png

 

Well that was it, now it works for me
I was looking at the address that the container creates (127.0.0.3)
In the server settings I have indicated the real address of the equipment, and it works.

 

thank you very much as always for the help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LeidenSpai said:

I just saw that in the server data the public address was correct, but the private one was the internal IP of the docker, not the server's

image.png.144356868cc14b8fffbfe83573fcdaf0.png

 

Well that was it, now it works for me
I was looking at the address that the container creates (127.0.0.3)
In the server settings I have indicated the real address of the equipment, and it works.

 

thank you very much as always for the help

Thanks for the feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
mdoliver

Hi all

Hopefully posting in this thread is okay.

I have a very similar issue with casting.

Emby 4.6.1.0 running externally using custom SSL cert.

Chromecast Ultra

Attached Emby log

  1. Attempting to cast on local network via Chrome browser page is unsuccessful.
  2. Attempting to cast locally via Chrome Emby app for Android is successful
  3. All attempts at casting remotely (https required) fail with "Ready to cast" message permanently displayed on casted device
  4. In the attached log user Dan at 07:09:44.373) plays media and attempts to cast.
  5. Casting device name has been changed to just "TV"
  6. local and remote connection addresses are correct in Emby dashboard

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

 

embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chromecast on the browser requires a secure context. That means you either need to be using the web app on localhost or an https address.

And then for #3, most likely the Chromecast receiver is rejecting your server certificate. There is no way for us to override this, so if you're going to setup ssl for remote connections, then your certificate has to come from a provider that Chromecast will trust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mdoliver

Thanks Luke,

I disabled SSL on my site and casting worked. Do you know if the Chromecast will support a Lets Encrypt free SSL cert?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, mdoliver said:

Thanks Luke,

I disabled SSL on my site and casting worked. Do you know if the Chromecast will support a Lets Encrypt free SSL cert?

I've tested it successfully in the past but these rules seem to constantly change so I think you'll just have to try it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...