MBC: Xenon Theme Bug Tracker

Cheesegeezer

porkbone

Well, I was going to report on the overlay (bug?) turning the backdrop black, but that was resolved in the latest update to 1.0.0.3.

So, instead, I will say how much I like this theme!! It's slick, clean & fast - plus I love the coverflow!

Nice work Cheesegeezer!

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Well, I was going to report on the overlay (bug?) turning the backdrop black, but that was resolved in the latest update to 1.0.0.3.

So, instead, I will say how much I like this theme!! It's slick, clean & fast - plus I love the coverflow!

Nice work Cheesegeezer!

All backdrop overlays are now folder specific. So if you want to set say tv shows to 1 it will be completely black, setting movies to 0 will be no overlay. But each collection has its own setting now.

• Like 1

david3663

I noticed a small bug atleast i think it is. When a description is long/big the mediainfo icons are way to small on thumb strip not even readable. Also on the details page the description will overlap the poster. I can post screens if needed.

buddyweiser

I noticed a small bug atleast i think it is. When a description is long/big the mediainfo icons are way to small on thumb strip not even readable. Also on the details page the description will overlap the poster. I can post screens if needed.

Screen shots are always helpful. It would show the type of file you're viewing and which view etc as well as other details that will help the dev track down the issue.

Sent using my Optimus L90

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

The media icons are set to scale, in 99% of cases, most people will not have massive poster images that they choose the size because they quite like the info. I can set the synopsis size to be smaller but then that might annoy other peeps that like smaller images and more info.

As for final details page, i see you are probably using very custom covers. Unfortunately there is is only so much i can cater for, and i work to MB's general metascrapers and image downloaders. Your images look odd to me, too wide, but if thats the way you like them, it may be an option to jump them over that i can inorporate.

Cheers

• Like 1

david3663

Yeah i do use custom covers i figured that could be the issue its not a big deal anyways just thought i would mention it.

aspdend

Hey Cheesegeezer, an anomaly I have noticed that I hadn't previously - if I am in the EHS and go to one of the media collections (for me I generally go to "TV-Current") and am in coverflow view (my default setting) then all the TV Shows images have the watched indicator on them. (These are the series we are currently watching so some are all watched, but at least 75% have at least one episode to watch).

If I go into one of the TV shows and the background theme (audio or video) plays then go back out again, then the unwatched indicators/numbers have appeared on the correct images...If I go into a TV show and straight back out again before the theme starts, then the watched indicators are all still present...

Edited by aspdend

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheesegeezer, an anomaly I have noticed that I hadn't previously - if I am in the EHS and go to one of the media collections (for me I generally go to "TV-Current") and am in coverflow view (my default setting) then all the TV Shows images have the watched indicator on them. (These are the series we are currently watching so some are all watched, but at least 75% have at least one episode to watch).

If I go into one of the TV shows and the background theme (audio or video) plays then go back out again, then the unwatched indicators/numbers have appeared on the correct images...If I go into a TV show and straight back out again before the theme starts, then the watched indicators are all still present...

Not sure I follow.

I tried to repo your issues and I simply can't repo them, my watched indicators are working fine.  

Have you checked this on other views?

Can you supply screen shots also please.  I can certainly take a look at the code once I understand what you mean.

Cheer

Cheesegeezer

1.0.0.5 Just went up

For more details see here

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9018-mbc-theme-xenon/&do=findComment&comment=122095

FYI, this is where I post up all the updates on the changelog.  If you are interested, it's probably worth following the topic that the link is in above.

Cheers.

Hopefully that has ironed out all the niggles left in Xenon. Please test and report back anything else you find

Cheesegeezer

1.0.0.6 is up and Fixes a couple more issues I've found or noticed.

Changelog

--------------

Fixed Details Page Play (Both Views) - Using Play or Ctrl+P didn't launch video file direct into fullscreen, only audio could be heard.

Added New Jump in List(JIL) to QuickListView on Details Page

yardameus

Not a bug, but I think the old version (non-congruent) of Royal got added back into the most recent update?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Yeah i do use custom covers i figured that could be the issue its not a big deal anyways just thought i would mention it.

In the next release you will be able to select Custom Poster Layout that will move Poster Images on the final detail page over to the left by 50%. This will not be available for GameItems as that has its own Layout Option.

These will be found in the Main(Global) Config Options

porkbone

Hey Cheesegeezer, I think I found a small bug. In MBC, when I go into either my TV or Movies directories, The first show in the list sets the Genre description for all the shows. But when I enter a show directory, say 30 Rock, it will display the Genre correctly. When I back out of the 30 Rock directory all the Genres for all the files in the list are all now showing the Genre as Comedy. So in my TV list I'm at Almost Human and it shows the Genre as Comedy. I enter the Almost Human directory and it changes thr Genre to Action, Crime, Drama. Back out to the main list again, and now all shows Genres are listed as Action, Crime, Drama.

It's a really small bug, but I thought I should mention it.

Xenon is now my fave theme by far!

Thanks

Xenon ver: 1.0.0.5

MBC ver: 3.0.196.0 7-19.1

MBS ver: 3.0.5326.13255

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheesegeezer, I think I found a small bug. In MBC, when I go into either my TV or Movies directories, The first show in the list sets the Genre description for all the shows. But when I enter a show directory, say 30 Rock, it will display the Genre correctly. When I back out of the 30 Rock directory all the Genres for all the files in the list are all now showing the Genre as Comedy. So in my TV list I'm at Almost Human and it shows the Genre as Comedy. I enter the Almost Human directory and it changes thr Genre to Action, Crime, Drama. Back out to the main list again, and now all shows Genres are listed as Action, Crime, Drama.

Thanks

Hey there, which view are you seeing this in?  Coverflow, ThumbStrip, Details, etc.  Cheers

Cheesegeezer

It's ok, i assume you mean detail view

I just managed to repo this in detail view, none of the other views show the genres

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Fixed in 1.0.0.7 

Not a bug, but I think the old version (non-congruent) of Royal got added back into the most recent update?

Fixed in 1.0.0.7 - however Everybody will have to delete the old Royal.mcml found in the XenonStyles folder.... found here

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Xenon\XenonStyles

Thanks

Fixed in 1.0.0.7

Please see this post for more details on other features.

@@buddyweiser you need to try out the ThemeVideoBackdrops now with Xenon.  Cheers?

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Wow. That was fast! All fixed and Thanks! :)

That's how I roll ;) Hahaha

The missus says that too :S

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Next release will introduce a Shortlist feature.  Thanks to @@radeon for giving me the idea of how to add items to the shortlist.  

Essentially you will click a button up in the top right of the screen (config panel) to activate the Shortlist mode.  When in shortlist mode when you click on an item it will send the item to the shortlist rather than open the final details page.  There will then be a  button next to the Shortlist mode button that will show once in shortlist mode to allow you to view the shortlist.

The shortlist will be reset to 0 when exiting mediabrowser or if the user chooses to clear the shortlist.

If the user exits shortlist mode but there are still items in the shortlist then the Show Shortlist icon/button will still show allowing the user to create a shortlist across multiple collection folders.

Subdued users will see this feature implemented in the near future also.

Anyways here's some images for you

SHORTLIST ICON

Idiyty6.png

SHORTLIST

JtcXlYl.png

CLEAR SHORTLIST OPTION

U81wPCv.png

EMPTY SHORTLIST

3wT8m2M.png

ALREADY ADDED NOTIFICATION

enU893v.png

• Like 1

yardameus

Nice...  The wife will love this.  Go through the movies, add options for evening view to shortlist.  Pick one, watch it, shut down mbc, sleep.  The next day the list is all clear and tidy. 

• Like 1

RonNCmale

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it is the way xenon is suppose to work. I can open media browser and click new and all new movies show, watched and unwatched, all work, But, If I click movies and then hit the back button and click on new, watched or unwatched it shows "no items found". Is this normal for xenon.

53f5e06a0beb8_Capture1.png53f5e0763aa66_Capture2.png

Cheesegeezer

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it is the way xenon is suppose to work. I can open media browser and click new and all new movies show, watched and unwatched, all work, But, If I click movies and then hit the back button and click on new, watched or unwatched it shows "no items found". Is this normal for xenon.

53f5e06a0beb8_Capture1.png53f5e0763aa66_Capture2.png

Nope, i must not be refreshing the list when returning to the ehs.  I'll look into it for you.

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

Hey people, I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to be fairly silent over the next couple of months with regards to Xenon.

I'm moving house and have a tonne of work to do.  I can still code however getting the updates out there will rely on me getting an internet connection. Until that is installed in October (need satellite internet as too far from the phone exchange), i will either have to go into the office or use it when i'm offshore or in hotels.  

Please continue to post your issues, but expect delay in answers or solutions from me.

I do apologise for this inconvenience, but it's only temporary.

Anyways, you all take care and I'll see you from time to time.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeese :D

• Like 2