IOS Interface thoughts

CathMowr

CathMowr

Aloha!

I would like give a couple of thoughts on the IOS App Design. So far I like it, does what it should do, but a couple of things might be worth rethinking.

The Bottom Bar -  It would be really neat to make this bar customizable. I need different sections on my iPad than i need on my phone so letting me choose what to put there would be a real treat.

Downloads Tab - I would like to ask the question if the "Downloads" tab is needed at all because I think it could be integrated into the standard overview, for video and audio. You could show what is downloaded with a little coloured emblem on a record or movie in the general library overview and make Emby prefer a downloaded file over a streamed one (optional) so there would be no need to show downloads as a tab or make this optional for people who still want the tab. Deleting the downloads is already kinda solved this way because i can do it from the main library, I don't even have to switch to the download tab, when it works. All in all, the Netflix design, as far as I remember.

Volume Adjustment -  This is a remote / Lock Screen issue. When I use the IOS App as a remote control for my browser I have to go into the app to adjust the volume of playback. That sucks a little and leads me to the next thing. It's a pity that you can not adjust volume at all via the lock screen navigation bar. It is a little maddening that you can use play next/before arrows but not the volume slider. It would be a dream come true to make the buttons/lock bar interface the general way of controling whatever instance of Emby is playing at the moment.

Volume Slider - In general it would be nice if the volume slider was live. Maybe thats not how Emby works and this is not possible, but just as a thougth it would be VERY comforting to hear on what level you put the volume while you do it and not afterwards. Most apps do this so I thought lets try to mention it. One other small thing is the volume slider in IOS on phones in vertical mode. It doesn't scale very well because it is really small and touches the outer ends of my screen. I put a screenshot in the attachments. Maybe there is an option to make it pop up vertically, that would solve the problem in every mode and on every device.

I hope thats some valuable input! I put this all together in one thread, I hope thats Ok.

All the best!

EDIT : Since I just recognised it When you change the view of you library - f.e. from primary to list - it changes on all devices. It would be superduper to make this change per device since certain views have more viability on certain devices because of their screen size. Example : primary looks very nice on the tablet but clutters everything on my phone where I prefer list view.

IMG_0093.jpg

Edited by CathMowr
  • Like 3

Hi, yes we will make these configurable in future updates. We'll look at the volume issue. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
CathMowr

And also here a big thank you for fixing the view options! Now I have list view on my mobile phone and primary on the tablet.

EDIT : Oh no. Got happy too early. Still the same. Hopes are still high to see this.

Edited by CathMowr

CathMowr

The ones i mentioned in the EDIT of my post, to have a view per device, not one in general.

Edited by CathMowr