Cannot purchase app unlock on android TV

dmurphy22

dmurphy22
Just now, Boardley said:

So I have a shield which show's on your list as free to just stream but it wants to charge me so I paid for it. Now I'm on my other shield and it's wanting me to buy the app again..this is crazy

Make sure you are logged into the same google account and then hit the unlock button and then restore purchase

• Thanks 1

Boardley
11 minutes ago, dmurphy22 said:

Make sure you are logged into the same google account and then hit the unlock button and then restore purchase

I done that but will try again

53 minutes ago, dmurphy22 said:

Hi.  Yes, this is the correct answer.  Please let us know if it still doesn't work for you after you restore the unlock.

Our documentation does not list this app as free to stream...

image.png

On Amazon
NOTE: This app is free and is functional for browsing your Emby collection. Playback will be functional for a two-week trial period after which, you either need to be an Emby Supporter OR unlock with a small in-app purchase.

On Google Play Store:

aaa.png

horstepipe
On 15/08/2020 at 17:58, horstepipe said:

it's the same problem as on Android. If you're connected to a Premiere Server, there's no button for the purchase. Or am I blind?

@ebr

4 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Please install the beta and you will get an unlock option on the user menu when connected to a Premiere server.  This version should be released soon.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, Happy2Play said:

That will/could be the issue in these cases then as they probably only now about the server they are connection to. 

So there currently is no way to unlock a app/client that connects to a server that is Premiere and is over their limit.  Without having the server owner purchase a higher device limit. 

So how does this get pushed back to the user to unlock their client or is this just a specific client issue?

This is definitely the issue as i have just faced it, Thanks to @ebr for helping me out with this as it has resolved all of my issues now
@2Jay2 if you can ask your server admin to remove his premiere key for 5 mins this will allow you to unlock the app
its when he has his premiere key activated and limit exceeded the unlock app feature doesn't pop up in the amazon app but as soon as he removes that premiere key it does :)

• Like 1

Happy2Play

For users experiencing "premiere device limit exceeded"