Cannot purchase app unlock on android TV

dmurphy22

dmurphy22

I have a couple users who are no longer able to watch my emby server today. They get the emby premier limit has been reached error which would be fine except the app does not show them the dialog to purchase the app unlock. This is what they are seeing instead:

20200813_231445.jpg

This happens on users on android platforms. Shield TV, Firestick etc. IOS is able to purchase the unlock without issue.

Any idea how to get around this?

30 minutes ago, dmurphy22 said:

I have a couple users who are no longer able to watch my emby server today. They get the emby premier limit has been reached error which would be fine except the app does not show them the dialog to purchase the app unlock. This is what they are seeing instead:

20200813_231445.jpg

This happens on users on android platforms. Shield TV, Firestick etc. IOS is able to purchase the unlock without issue.

Any idea how to get around this?

That's the same issue  I'm having.

Edited by 2Jay2

Happy2Play

To me since this is a device Exceed the device limit of connect server it is slightly different.  But yes the unlock needs to be available here also.  So how would one unlink from connected to server to allow app unlock vs attempting to pull premiere slot from connected to server?  As there is two different scenarios,  client unlock and server over device limit.

9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

To me since this is a device Exceed the device limit of connect server it is slightly different.  But yes the unlock needs to be available here also.  So how would one unlink from connected to server to allow app unlock vs attempting to pull premiere slot from connected to server?  As there is two different scenarios,  client unlock and server over device limit.

Good morning so what do we need to do because I now have another person saying the same thing

Hi.  Do you have a valid Premiere key installed in the server to which these people are connecting?

27 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Do you have a valid Premiere key installed in the server to which these people are connecting?

I'm just a user on the server

1 minute ago, ebr said:

Who owns the server?

The owner of the server said you get a 2 week trial and then you have to unlock the app I don't see a way to unlock the app I'm using a firestick

6 minutes ago, 2Jay2 said:

The owner of the server said you get a 2 week trial and then you have to unlock the app I don't see a way to unlock the app I'm using a firestick

Did you scroll to the bottom of the home screen?

Ah... you are connected to a Premiere server and have gone over its device limit.  The server owner will need to increase their limit.

1 minute ago, ebr said:

Ah... you are connected to a Premiere server and have gone over its device limit.  The server owner will need to increase their limit.

"Premire device limit exceeded" Please contact your Emby system administrator? I was watching a movie and paused it, when I select play it gives me that message

8 minutes ago, 2Jay2 said:

"Premire device limit exceeded" Please contact your Emby system administrator? I was watching a movie and paused it, when I select play it gives me that message

15974188142788539443838681487135.jpg

18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Did you see my last couple of post

2 minutes ago, 2Jay2 said:

Did you see my last couple of post

Yes but I don't understand what you are expecting.

The server you are using has exceeded its device limit.  They need to increase it or reduce the number of devices.  There is nothing you can do if it is not your server.

32 minutes ago, ebr said:

I take it the Server admin doesn't want the user to use a Premiere license and wants the user to purchase the app being used.  So 2Jay2 is asking how to purchase the app so they can do playback on that server.

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

I take it the Server admin doesn't want the user to use a Premiere license and wants the user to purchase the app being used.  So 2Jay2 is asking how to purchase the app so they can do playback on that server.

That's exactly what I want to know thank you

horstepipe
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm wondering about this for some time, too. is this possible at all? So can I tell my users to purchase the inapp unlock and these devices won't count on my premiere device limit? Will these devices benefit from premiere features like CoverArt anyway?

dmurphy22

In my case I am the server owner, I do have a valid premier key, in fact I purchased a new one in hopes of it fixing this issue yesterday but it still persists.

On Android tv / fire devices, the unlock dialog is not offered to the user when the premier limit has been hit, on IOS it is so users on android devices cannot purchase the app unlock and bypass the premier requirement for playing files.

Just now, horstepipe said:

I'm wondering about this for some time, too. is this possible at all? So can I tell my users to purchase the inapp unlock and these devices won't count on my premiere device limit? Will these devices benefit from premiere features like CoverArt anyway?

Having your user purchase the app will keep it from using a Premiere license for playback.  If you give them access to a Premiere feature such as download, live tv, camera upload, etc then they would still need the Premiere license.  So basically the app purchase allows full playback only.

Premiere features such as download, live tv would require the client to use the premiere device license but things that are server related like Cover Art or LDAP would not use a client license.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dmurphy22 said:

In my case I am the server owner, I do have a valid premier key, in fact I purchased a new one in hopes of it fixing this issue yesterday but it still persists.

On Android tv / fire devices, the unlock dialog is not offered to the user when the premier limit has been hit, on IOS it is so users on android devices cannot purchase the app unlock and bypass the premier requirement for playing files.

Exactly what persists?  Are your users getting the over limit message?

dmurphy22
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Exactly what persists?  Are your users getting the over limit message?

Yes they are, as the license is over limit, however previously when this happened they would get the dialog which would show the advantages of having emby premier and offer them the subscription or one time unlock, instead it just shows them the toast in the image in my original post and then nothing happens.

There also seems to be no option to purchase the unlock (Or premier) anywhere in the app.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Premiere features such as download, live tv would require the client to use the premiere device license but things that are server related like Cover Art or LDAP would not use a client license.

This info is very useful and I'm pretty sure it's not in Emby's knowledgebase.

Thank you!