Jump to content

Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality


aaronsomek

Recommended Posts

chef
On 9/24/2021 at 4:07 AM, JLEH0590 said:

I must say, this is an extremely useful plugin. Thanks a lot @chef!

I did have issue with inputs from subbed anime releases, but what I did was stage the files and rename prior to injecting them into the watch folders. The issue being that the metadata search was not finding any relevant results. I'm not too sure how it internally handles my input. Giving it a more meaningful format and removing some texts clarifies it for the search to work. However, the unedited files still work when just placed inside Emby's media library folder. This got my head scratching a bit.

For anyone who may be interested on how:

Use the rename (PERL rename) utility on linux that uses a RegEx substitution syntax with the following RegEx:



rename 's/(\[\w*\])\s([\w\D]*)\s(\d+)\s\(\d+p\)\s\[\w*\](\.mkv)/$2 S1E$3$4/' *

This is valid for the following name strings with the caveat of replacing the Season identifier at the end with the appropriate Season number (.e.g. S1 for Season and S2 for season 2):

For the last one you'd want to change the RegEx as follows:



rename 's/(\[\w*\])\s([\w\D]*)\s(S\d+)\D+(\d+)\s\(\d+p\)\s\[\w*\](\.mkv)/$2 $3E$4$5/' *

For anyone wanting to use these, add the -n flag to test it out first.

After which, I just let Emby do the minutiae of managing the files in bulk. 

This is a very similar regex to what the plugin uses. 👍

Edited by chef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef

This is extremely strange!

If I add a new episode to the watched folder, auto organize will sort the file.

But! if I add a folder and file named: "Raetselhafte_phaenomene - S01e02 Mp4", auto organize completely ignores it... like it isn't even in the watched folder...???

I'll be back. I don't understand quite yet why this is happening.

 

I did fix the UI error this morning though.

Edited by chef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

neik
26 minutes ago, chef said:

This is extremely strange!

If I add a new episode to the watched folder, auto organize will sort the file.

But! if I add a folder and file named: "Raetselhafte_phaenomene - S01e02 Mp4", auto organize completely ignores it... like it isn't even in the watched folder...???

I'll be back. I don't understand quite yet why this is happening.

 

I did fix the UI error this morning though.

I have this with Boruto episodes as well, even though they are in the watch folder they seem to be ignored somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
9 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Ok.... Apparently the problem still exists....
Cleared all browser data but it still won't let me....😅🤣

image.thumb.png.ef2e81e42784ebc50c17e9d9a5b2d372.png

Can you explain exactly what is happening? Sorry, I need a quick recap.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
53 minutes ago, neik said:

I have this with Boruto episodes as well, even though they are in the watch folder they seem to be ignored somehow.

Can you give me the name of the file so I can test it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
1 hour ago, chef said:

Can you explain exactly what is happening? Sorry, I need a quick recap.

 

Actually never mind if I found an issue....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef

Really quickly regarding subtitle files.

Right now we check the size of a file to decide weather or not not bother with it.

We use naming conventions as well, but that's off point.

Inorder to sort sub title files we'll have to check the extension and override the file size condition.

 

The question is: do you want subtitles listed in the activity log, or is it better to have an options in the movie/episode config page that just says: "move subtitle files if found"?

I think that by putting them in the activity page it will get crowed, however I'm game for anything 😃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

instantsunrise
1 hour ago, chef said:

Really quickly regarding subtitle files.

Right now we check the size of a file to decide weather or not not bother with it.

We use naming conventions as well, but that's off point.

Inorder to sort sub title files we'll have to check the extension and override the file size condition.

 

The question is: do you want subtitles listed in the activity log, or is it better to have an options in the movie/episode config page that just says: "move subtitle files if found"?

I think that by putting them in the activity page it will get crowed, however I'm game for anything 😃

I think that there should be a subtitle icon for the associated video file on the activity log that when clicked would show the subtitle file that was organized.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

neik
5 hours ago, chef said:

Can you give me the name of the file so I can test it?

Will send you a PM.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
2 hours ago, instantsunrise said:

I think that there should be a subtitle icon for the associated video file on the activity log that when clicked would show the subtitle file that was organized.

Let's see if I can code that. 

I'll start with marking the table entry with a subtitle icon if one is found.

Then, I'll see if my coding is good enough to do that. 😂👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer
19 hours ago, chef said:

Version 1.0.6.4

This is working for me. Please let me know how it goes for you guys. Hopefully we have gotten to the bottom of file sorting.

Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.0.6.4.zip 131.65 kB · 3 downloads

auto_v1.thumb.png.81b2d476b6fc9209418e8cce57513289.png

 

Hello Boss,
Sorry, just got around to looking into this.
The version is in, also goes as far as I can see, but I still have the problem that at the top the controls are not visible.
I can not start a scan.
Since I don't always want to have everything sorted immediately, but first check whether something is wrongly numbered, I can't always leave the check mark at automatically organize.

image.thumb.png.42bde1a0c2d9c30780c7b99f39eb00e5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,
wanted to give a quick feedback. The sorting is going very well now.
If the icons at the top now remain permanently visible, it would be perfect.
Great work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
2 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello @chef,
wanted to give a quick feedback. The sorting is going very well now.
If the icons at the top now remain permanently visible, it would be perfect.
Great work!

Cool! I can fix the icons next!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ttgapers
On 10/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, chef said:

The question is: do you want subtitles listed in the activity log, or is it better to have an options in the movie/episode config page that just says: "move subtitle files if found"?

I think that by putting them in the activity page it will get crowed, however I'm game for anything

My two cents, stick it in if possible, then have a setting to enable/disable it in the activity page. I'd like seeing it there if nothing at all.

This is awesome work!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
12 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello @chef,
wanted to give a quick feedback. The sorting is going very well now.
If the icons at the top now remain permanently visible, it would be perfect.
Great work!

Just to be clear, you mean the arrow icons that sort the list? 

Or do you mean the action icons: identify, etc. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer
18 minutes ago, chef said:

Just to be clear, you mean the arrow icons that sort the list? 

Or do you mean the action icons: identify, etc. ?

I mean these icons for scanning and clearing the list.

57698646-C630-4781-9CC4-815018CC0512.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

horstepipe
On 9/29/2021 at 10:43 PM, horstepipe said:

@chef

about the 4K non 4K files problem I have we talked about some weeks ago…

If I have a show twice (4K/HD) and I add a new season only to the 4K version, e.g s02e01, so there is no season 2 in the HD version at all, the plug-in creates it if I organize s02e02 with it. Would it be possible to bypass that? So that the plug-in recognizes that there’s already the season being created on 4K version and organizes the file there?

hope I don't get on your nerves now, but wouldn't kind of that be usable for lots of people who use different folders for different editions?
So in general this would be really handy, e.g. you can then use CoverArt to style 4K/non 4K movies:

-> Choose more than one destination folder for movies and shows.

-> make some rules which folder to use, e.g. if file name contains "2160p", move it to 4k folder - if file name contains "1080p", move it to HD folder. Or if file metadata video resolution is 2160p, move it to 4k folder - if file metadata video resolution is 1080p, move it to HD folder.

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

horstepipe

so i'm just trying out the new version, thank you very much for updating it @chef

tv shows work fine so far. But a movie is not being recognized although I put the imdbid into the file title like this:
 

Dune (2021) [imdb-tt1160419]

I thought with that way it definitely should work, unfortunatley it doesn't 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

horstepipe

For movies there is the point to „enable new movie library creation“.

could somebody please elaborate what this means?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
13 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

For movies there is the point to „enable new movie library creation“.

could somebody please elaborate what this means?

That will automatically move movie files into the library. I personally don't have that enabled, because we might accidentally figure it to be the wrong movie. Then it will have to be edited, and becomes a PITA.

 

9 hours ago, horstepipe said:

so i'm just trying out the new version, thank you very much for updating it @chef

tv shows work fine so far. But a movie is not being recognized although I put the imdbid into the file title like this:
 

Dune (2021) [imdb-tt1160419]

I thought with that way it definitely should work, unfortunatley it doesn't 🙂

Interesting. And you tried it without the Tmdb ID there?

Dune sorted okay for me. I have to identify it, because I don't auto sort movies.

I can take a look. 

I also have some subtitle sorting work done as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

horstepipe

ah okay so this mandatory has to be enabled to make a "full" auto organize work?

Just a side note, on mobile (IOS), when pressing on the unidentified movie and on the "+" button, I'm getting an error that "No TV libraries are configured in Emby libary setup".

It works on desktop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

horstepipe
29 minutes ago, chef said:

Dune sorted okay for me. I have to identify it, because I don't auto sort movies.

 

with manual identify Dune also worked here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

horstepipe

and for movies, there doesn't seem to be an option to keep the original folder name, just to keep the original file name (as folder)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chef
4 hours ago, horstepipe said:

ah okay so this mandatory has to be enabled to make a "full" auto organize work?

Just a side note, on mobile (IOS), when pressing on the unidentified movie and on the "+" button, I'm getting an error that "No TV libraries are configured in Emby libary setup".

It works on desktop

That might actually be a dashboard issue you have found. The plugin calls on the Emby dashboard identify popup modal there. 

I wonder if it happens in other pages on mobile as well?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...