Jump to content

Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality


aaronsomek

Recommended Posts

hey

thank you again for taking the time to fix that, this is really appreciated!

Unfortunately there is still an issue:

Copy over the files work now.

But if you first organize

Series - S01E01 - Test1.strm

with content

Test1

 

and the organize

Series - S01E01 - Test2.strm

with content

Test2

 

the file gets replaced, but the old name stays, so it is still

Series - S01E01 - Test1.strm

but with

Test2 

content.

 

Hopefully you can fix that to get quality upgrades evident.

 

Best regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, horstepipe said:

hey

thank you again for taking the time to fix that, this is really appreciated!

Unfortunately there is still an issue:

Copy over the files work now.

But if you first organize

Series - S01E01 - Test1.strm

with content

Test1

 

and the organize

Series - S01E01 - Test2.strm

with content

Test2

 

the file gets replaced, but the old name stays, so it is still

Series - S01E01 - Test1.strm

but with

Test2 

content.

 

Hopefully you can fix that to get quality upgrades evident.

 

Best regards

Right, because the target episode was found in your library, so the new version was copied over and replaced the old episode in the library. 

That is to be expected is it not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hum okay, I can just say about my own use case - here it is not expected/the behavior I want. As these exchanges only happen on a quality upgrade, so this upgrade should be reflected in the file name (here) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, chef said:

Also, right now we'll move the old target file to the recycle bin, until we know it works and we are all good. Then  we'll remove it all together.

It might be better to just rename the file vs the recycle bin.
This way on failure you can rename it back and on a success just delete it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, horstepipe said:

Hum okay, I can just say about my own use case - here it is not expected/the behavior I want. As these exchanges only happen on a quality upgrade, so this upgrade should be reflected in the file name (here) 

Bare with me, I'm trying to understand, so I can code it. 😀

What does your Episode naming pattern look like on the 'TV' options page:

filenamepattern.png.50387a82595bc34b6332bd57cddbdb54.png

 

Have you tried using: %fn to maintain the original file name?

Would that fix anything?

 

Could I see the .strm file names, so I know how they change, and what to look for in the name? 

Then maybe we can figure out a way to handle it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, chef said:

Bare with me, I'm trying to understand, so I can code it. 😀

What does your Episode naming pattern look like on the 'TV' options page:

filenamepattern.png.50387a82595bc34b6332bd57cddbdb54.png

 

Have you tried using: %fn to maintain the original file name?

Would that fix anything?

 

Could I see the .strm file names, so I know how they change, and what to look for in the name? 

Then maybe we can figure out a way to handle it.

 

 

I am happy to hear that 🙂

So yes I'm already using %fn so the file name keeps as it is.
I hope you really understand. I just do not want the new file to be named like the old file.

So first upload is e.g.
 

NCIS - Los Angeles (2009) - S12E08 - Love Kills 1 [WEBDL-1080p][8bit][h264][EAC3 5.1]-NTb.strm

This episode is English yet, as soon as it gets replaced, the new episode title would look like

NCIS - Los Angeles (2009) - S12E08 - Love Kills 1 [WEBDL-1080p][8bit][x264][EAC3 5.1][DE+EN]-wayne.strm


So basically  I need the prefixes at the end to keep intact 🙂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, horstepipe said:

 

I am happy to hear that 🙂

So yes I'm already using %fn so the file name keeps as it is.
I hope you really understand. I just do not want the new file to be named like the old file.

So first upload is e.g.
 

NCIS - Los Angeles (2009) - S12E08 - Love Kills 1 [WEBDL-1080p][8bit][h264][EAC3 5.1]-NTb.strm

This episode is English yet, as soon as it gets replaced, the new episode title would look like

NCIS - Los Angeles (2009) - S12E08 - Love Kills 1 [WEBDL-1080p][8bit][x264][EAC3 5.1][DE+EN]-wayne.strm


So basically  I need the prefixes at the end to keep intact 🙂

Clarifyting here for @chef - you are saying that when sorting a file, and you already have the file in your library - you would want the current file removed and then new file moved in using the naming pattern - is that correct ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, kingy444 said:

Clarifyting here for @chef - you are saying that when sorting a file, and you already have the file in your library - you would want the current file removed and then new file moved in using the naming pattern - is that correct ?

Yes, that is what I want (and would have expected) if Episode name pattern is set to %f and “overwrite existing episode files” is checked.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,
the overwrite works for me on Windows now without problems.
Have you thought about my request regarding the version extension?
Topic Special Edition or Directors Cut as an example.
I usually assign the movies manually anyway, because they are not yet in the database.
Maybe you can create an additional field for the prefix? 🙂

Then the result would be: Example (2021) - 1080p [Directors Cut].mkv

That would be of course really great! 🙂

I played with Photoshop and attached a picture, how something like this could look like, independent of the coding.

P.S.: I know, I'm annoying...! But this is certainly very interesting for others, who not only file different resolutions, but also different cuts of the movies.

2021-11-02-13_19_27-Auto-Organize.png.5c002e07bd3601aa86c83732fd831dc7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello @chef,
the overwrite works for me on Windows now without problems.
Have you thought about my request regarding the version extension?
Topic Special Edition or Directors Cut as an example.
I usually assign the movies manually anyway, because they are not yet in the database.
Maybe you can create an additional field for the prefix? 🙂

Then the result would be: Example (2021) - 1080p [Directors Cut].mkv

That would be of course really great! 🙂

I played with Photoshop and attached a picture, how something like this could look like, independent of the coding.

P.S.: I know, I'm annoying...! But this is certainly very interesting for others, who not only file different resolutions, but also different cuts of the movies.

2021-11-02-13_19_27-Auto-Organize.png.5c002e07bd3601aa86c83732fd831dc7.png

Yes, I believe that I have some help to maintain the plugin. So, it looks like we can finally get some of these feature requests, that have piled up, implemented.

I think this, subtitles, and the naming issues mentioned here should be priority. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer
11 minutes ago, chef said:

Yes, I believe that I have some help to maintain the plugin. So, it looks like we can finally get some of these feature requests, that have piled up, implemented.

I think this, subtitles, and the naming issues mentioned here should be priority. 

 

That sounds good!
Yes, that's right, subtitles would be equally important to implement.
Hope that works both. Then the plugin would be perfect!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer
27 minutes ago, chef said:

Yes, I believe that I have some help to maintain the plugin. So, it looks like we can finally get some of these feature requests, that have piled up, implemented.

I think this, subtitles, and the naming issues mentioned here should be priority. 

 

Believe me, if I could, I would help you, but that is beyond my knowledge.
I can rewrite an XML, write a little PHP or a batch. But this is a bit more difficult...

Unfortunately...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Believe me, if I could, I would help you, but that is beyond my knowledge.
I can rewrite an XML, write a little PHP or a batch. But this is a bit more difficult...

Unfortunately...

Not to worry my friend. @kingy444 is going to look over the code, and add his code to the project.

It'll be like Avengers Assemble, or Forming Voltron. 😉 LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer
29 minutes ago, chef said:

Not to worry my friend. @kingy444 is going to look over the code, and add his code to the project.

It'll be like Avengers Assemble, or Forming Voltron. 😉 LOL

Sounds great!
I am curious about the result.:-)
(Admittedly a little impatient I am also ...)🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated and no visible issues as of yet! Thanks again.

I am eagerly anticipating the release of the plugin that includes subtitle moves/copies as well!! Cheers to the Canucks in the house!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer
On 11/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, chef said:

Not to worry my friend. @kingy444 is going to look over the code, and add his code to the project.

It'll be like Avengers Assemble, or Forming Voltron. 😉 LOL

Morning @chef,
I just wanted to nerve and ask what's the news from the front?
Got a whole pack of movies with version and single subtitles just waiting for the test!😂
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to work in this today.

I need to brush up on some regular expressions, as well as attempt to code it.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've run into problems getting the sub files to copy into the right folder.

They want to create their own... 

Kind of frustrating. I've got to follow the code backwards and find the right place to deal with subs.

 

Luckily the movie Shang chi has many different types of sub files to deal with, so hopefully that will help.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheUrbanXplorer

The title is actually based on the movie, isn't it?
Accordingly, it should normally take the same directory, as with the different resolutions...
I always say, computers have a life of their own...^^
Currently, the series and movies with me again and again takes the English name, not the German.
But do not think that this is the plugin. Went yes all the time without problems.
Then FFMPEG has apparently current problems with SD content (Anyway not your construction site), constantly the picture is gone, but the sound continues...
Emby has her menstrual period.🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
TheUrbanXplorer
On 11/10/2021 at 3:20 PM, chef said:

I've run into problems getting the sub files to copy into the right folder.

They want to create their own... 

Kind of frustrating. I've got to follow the code backwards and find the right place to deal with subs.

 

Luckily the movie Shang chi has many different types of sub files to deal with, so hopefully that will help.

Hello @chef,
since again quite a while has passed, I wanted to ask how it looks?
Is anything ready yet? 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been going over how to best handle these subtitles. 

 I was able to add a list of found subtitles to the organization result.

But, there is one big problem. Sometimes subtitle files are zipped up in a .rar/.zip files, and they also go 2 compressed files deep.

examplesubtitle.thumb.png.20287b58ef7b3a0a6a8f6a8c328f8706.png

That is a ordeal.

It means that we have to extract them, make the connection between the extracted file, and the movie result, keep track of these file so we can successfully copy them, and then remove the extracted files in a file system clean up.

It isn't impossible. But then I started thinking about emby's built in ability to download subtitles, and I started to wonder how important it is to organize these files.

Most of my .mkv files also have subtitles inside the file.

So, what should I do? Should I continue to work on this?

Edited by chef
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chef said:

It isn't impossible. But then I started thinking about emby's built in ability to download subtitles, and I started to wonder how important it is to organize these files.

After playing with the skip intro, that will be the next playground for me: Auto-Downloading subs and sync them automatically if needed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the meantime,

This is an updated version of Auto organize.

 

But! inorder to use this version, you have to:

1. shut down the server

2. Open "Emby-Server/programdata/data" folder

3. Delete 'fileorganization.db' file

4. Spin up the server.

 

It changes the database :)

Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

Edited by chef
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...