Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

GiGo
1 minute ago, chef said:

I'm seeing what is happening now.

It's a big change. 😬 It's going to take some time.

No rush my friend. As I keep saying the improvements you have done so far are AMAZING! Auto Organize is so so much better now.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

norbo80
21 minutes ago, chef said:

Very strange, the log says that outlander sorted properly.

exactly,  1.6.0.0 works without problems

norbo80
2 hours ago, norbo80 said:

exactly,  1.6.0.0 works without problems

I installed 1.6.2.3 after Emby clean install and works for now. Thank you!

vaise
10 hours ago, GiGo said:

This technically isn't a bug, the show is identified on TVDB as 'Deadline (2022)' as the Original 'Deadline' is 2008 so will appear as Deadline (2008) any other version will be identfied as Deadline (year) (year), this happens to lots of shows that are remakes, to name but a few;
Call the Cops (2019) (2019)
Are You Afraid of the Dark (2019) (2019)
A Fine Romance (1981) (1981)
Around the World in 80 Days (2021) (2021)

Same show, re-added via sonarr - shows season without the extra year - so I am pretty sure this is an auto organise thing and not 'normal' (I also have around the world in 80 days and this was also added correctly with sonarr) :

image.thumb.png.c606721b36db0fd41f32fd099162d099.png

Edited by vaise

chef
47 minutes ago, vaise said:

Same show, re-added via sonarr - shows season without the extra year - so I am pretty sure this is an auto organise thing and not 'normal' (I also have around the world in 80 days and this was also added correctly with sonarr) :

Yes you are correct. We are requesting the production year. However, we have to check that the production year doesn't already exist in the name prior to appending it.

I fix that up quickly.

vaise

As I have said before, I don’t use this for movies, but if you wanted another idea for an enhancement, radarr allows for the grouping of parent target folders I.e a,b,c,d etc, so you don’t then have many thousands of movies all in one folder and hard to sort/search, specially on windows.  They get added to their parent folder of the same letter/number.  I use this feature in radarr for my movies.  I don’t think this feature is in emby auto organise.  Just an idea for some future enhancement if it’s not there and you feel the need.

• Thanks 1

GiGo
9 hours ago, vaise said:

I stand corrected then. It did bug me that it was doing that, and learnt to live with it, I just assumed it was because of the way it was identified on TVDB.

• Agree 1

TheUrbanXplorer

I have now tried everything.
In the stable version the same problem. It seems to do something in the background, but I get no display. Deleted database and config, started completely from scratch, but always the same result.

186521305_2022-04-1015_34_02-LCARS-NCC-1701-E-rv1055_1blu.de-Remotedesktopverbindung.thumb.png.c5850cd7671978473ca978eb4632ed54.png

chef
54 minutes ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

I have now tried everything.
In the stable version the same problem. It seems to do something in the background, but I get no display. Deleted database and config, started completely from scratch, but always the same result.

186521305_2022-04-1015_34_02-LCARS-NCC-1701-E-rv1055_1blu.de-Remotedesktopverbindung.thumb.png.c5850cd7671978473ca978eb4632ed54.png

Is there anything in the dev console of the browser that errors?

Right click > Inspect > console tab

Anything written in red?

Edited by chef

chef

Holy mackerel! I finally did it!

I finally got the File organizer to honor the target location for a file.

I don't know why it was so hard., But it was.

But... Now we have to make sure to stop sorting of series that span multiple destinations folders. 

I almost gave up. 

I just have to fix whatever @TheUrbanXplorer is experiencing.

• Like 2

TheUrbanXplorer
2 hours ago, chef said:

Is there anything in the dev console of the browser that errors?

Right click > Inspect > console tab

Anything written in red?

It indicates that:

image.thumb.png.7d372b67721543ff20b8514a3e033266.png

chef

Well good news @TheUrbanXplorer your second image tells me exactly what the issue is.

Funny enough I just came across it before I read your posts, and I am just about to test a fix.

Many thanks!

chef

I have fixed the spinning circle of death @TheUrbanXplorer.

@GiGo

When a series spans multiple folders/drives. We will stop sorting. It will be left up to the user to decide where the file goes.

auto_organize_1.thumb.png.f19de6f5c34320a40d11d54c68b165b7.png

I'm not sure this is exactly perfect yet. The code was extremely difficult to get this working without breaking everything so far.

Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.6.2.4.zip

• Like 1

GiGo

WOOP WOOP IT WORKS!!!!!

Now does it remember my last selection? ie the last root directory I selected or do I need to do it for each file?

GiGo

Hmmm...... for a file that exsits already and I want moving to a different root directory, each time I select 'Remember selection' it takes me back to the Dashboard, it sorts the file correctly, but takes me out of Auto Organize.

Guessing there is a bug somewhere there.

chef
2 minutes ago, GiGo said:

WOOP WOOP IT WORKS!!!!!

Now does it remember my last selection? ie the last root directory I selected or do I need to do it for each file?

Hooray!

it doesn't do that  yet. I was just thinking about how to do that.

currently you'd have to select the folder each time.

Just have to think about how to keep the selection. probably in the smart match list.

• Thanks 1

GiGo
Just now, chef said:

Hooray!

it doesn't do that  yet. I was just thinking about how to do that.

currently you'd have to select the folder each time.

Just have to think about how to keep the selection. probably in the smart match list.

Well I can live with that :) Thanks so much for figuring it out!

chef
Just now, GiGo said:

Hmmm...... for a file that exsits already and I want moving to a different root directory, each time I select 'Remember selection' it takes me back to the Dashboard, it sorts the file correctly, but takes me out of Auto Organize.

Guessing there is a bug somewhere there.

okay, I'll check it out next.

We'll need that to work properly to remember the selection.

GiGo
Just now, chef said:

okay, I'll check it out next.

We'll need that to work properly to remember the selection.

Sorry it also does it when you don't select 'remember correction', so each time I have to go back in to Auto Organize, but it when I go back in it displays all the last identified items which I have already cleared from the list. Seems odd.

chef
7 minutes ago, GiGo said:

Sorry it also does it when you don't select 'remember correction', so each time I have to go back in to Auto Organize, but it when I go back in it displays all the last identified items which I have already cleared from the list. Seems odd.

On it! 

Have you cleared the browsing data?

GiGo
Just now, chef said:

On it! 

Have you cleared the browsing data?

Yes I did, always do with a new version now, just in case, ie I press Shift + F5

Output from the dev console if it helps.

appRouter - processing path: /web#!/dashboard, isBack: true
approuter.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 appRouter - user is authenticated
approuter.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 appRouter.sendRouteToViewManager - processing path: isBack: true
viewmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 viewManager.tryRestoreView - processing path: isBack: true
viewmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 viewManager.onBeforeChange - processing path: isBack: true
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient stopping message listener ScheduledTasksInfo
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 Sending web socket message: ScheduledTasksInfoStop
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient starting message listener Sessions with options 0,1500,0,true,true
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 Sending web socket message: SessionsStart
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient starting message listener ScheduledTasksInfo with options 0,1000
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 Sending web socket message: ScheduledTasksInfoStart
connectionmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 getRegistrationInfo returning cached info
approuter.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 appRouter - processing path: /web#!/configurationpage, isBack: undefined
approuter.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 appRouter.sendRouteToViewManager - processing path: isBack: undefined
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient stopping message listener Sessions
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 Sending web socket message: SessionsStop
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient stopping message listener ScheduledTasksInfo
viewmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 viewManager.onBeforeChange - processing path: isBack: undefined
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient starting message listener ScheduledTasksInfo with options 1000,1000
cardbuilder.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 getImageWidth: card portraitCard portraitCard card-hoverable itemAction1416
cardbuilder.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 width: 202
configurationpage?name=FileOrganizerJs&v=4.7.0.33:234 Object
page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '0')
    at new Context (page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1:1026)
    at Function.page.replace (page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1:2373)
    at onpopstate (page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1:758)
Context @ page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1
page.replace @ page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1
onpopstate @ page.js?v=4.7.0.33:1
alameda.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 getJsUrlWithExtension: modules/common/dialogs/alert.js?v=4.7.0.33
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://eoolfmmapnkhandljfaaofncecfakljd/dist/Versioning.js.map: System error: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
configurationpage?name=FileOrganizerJs&v=4.7.0.33:234 {Id: 'cd34389f2fabb9477d1ccc8cfa2fdd49', OriginalPath: "G:\\Shared drives\\Backup1\\_sort\\Blake's 7 (1978) - S03E09 - Sarcophagus.mkv", OriginalFileName: "Blake's 7 (1978) - S03E09 - Sarcophagus.mkv", ExtractedName: "Blake's 7", ExtractedYear: 1978, …}
approuter.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 appRouter - processing path: /web#!/dashboard, isBack: true
approuter.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 appRouter.sendRouteToViewManager - processing path: isBack: true
viewmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 viewManager.tryRestoreView - processing path: isBack: true
viewmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 viewManager.onBeforeChange - processing path: isBack: true
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient starting message listener Sessions with options 0,1500,0,true,true
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 Sending web socket message: SessionsStart
apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 apiclient starting message listener ScheduledTasksInfo with options 0,1000
connectionmanager.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 getRegistrationInfo returning cached info
cardbuilder.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 getImageWidth: card bannerCard bannerCard activeSession card-hoverable focusable withsidefooter1416
cardbuilder.js?v=4.7.0.33:1 width: 78

chef

cool.

are you selecting the series from the dropdown of existing series, or are you pressing the "+" button to identify the series?