Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

chef

@slevin7

Here is 1.6.1.4

You have to go into the settings page, and make sure that the "Default Library Path" is set for movies, and press the save button.

I had accidentally did not updated the configuration, it was erring because the plugin couldnt  find the Default path. Ops!

It is working now.

Emby.AutoOrganize_v1.6.1.4.zip

Remember to clear browsing cache so the updated  javascript code is refreshed :)

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

chef

I was learning about "debouncing" in web development, and it occurred to me that it was possible to have a "Search" in some of my plugins.

I applied what I had learned, and what'd'ya know! It works great!

search_term_auto_organize.png.a89184a942175b82e0c1fec3c0b8c917.png

If your auto organize lists starts to get really long, there is a search there to get  specific table results. LOL!

GiGo

In version 1.6.1.4 None of the my TV series files are automatically being sorted and saved. I have to search for them each time and manually do it.

Not sure whats going, I do have 2 different directories for my library, not sure if that is causing an issue?

chef
Just now, GiGo said:

In version 1.6.1.4 None of the my TV series files are automatically being sorted and saved. I have to search for them each time and manually do it.

Not sure whats going, I do have 2 different directories for my library, not sure if that is causing an issue?

Okay. Give me a moment, I'll find the issue.

GiGo
Just now, chef said:

Okay. Give me a moment, I'll find the issue.

Thanks! Awesome work! Always so speedy with your bug fixes!

Love the idea of searching BTW! Would help a lot when trying to find bulk imports of things!

chef
1 hour ago, GiGo said:

Thanks! Awesome work! Always so speedy with your bug fixes!

Love the idea of searching BTW! Would help a lot when trying to find bulk imports of things!

Sorry. I need to see a log file if I can. 

I'll have an easier time to diagnose the issue.

GiGo
Just now, chef said:

I'll sort a log out tomorrow, I'm in the UK so I'm off to bed. Thanks for your help 👍

vaise

I suspect I am too used to the basic one built into emby.  I had a stroke 6 months ago, and this may not be helping the situation either......

This is the first actual time i am using the enhanced version with some actual TV shows.  note, I dont use it for movies, and only TV shows I have to manually download.

I installed the new dll, restarted emby and flushed cache.

I just added 4 shows to my embyautoorganize folder.

Go to auto organize, I can see the last 4 shows.  No start/go/run button or anywhere to start the process.

In settings, I found a scheduled task option (mine set off), I had to enable the scheduled task (I always ran it manually so dont want this though).

Then I have the 'Task last run' bit in the top right corner, and a clickable refresh thing ? - I click it, it spins, but nothig on the screen.

Seems I have to refresh the browser windows to show the actual actions. 

This seems a step back - in the past, I could just manually hit go, and they would stream up the page.

In summary : On the new enhanced version, I don't seem to have the same functionality as the default one built into emby - I believe there should be a manual go button if you don't tick the scheduling option (if its there, I cant find it), and I don't see them start to process and scroll up like they used to once you click the start 'thing' at the top to start the scheduled job.  As it stands, my two issues are still there (episode naming when using 'S01E01' and picking incorrect library for TV shows if they exist in multiple locations).

Edited by vaise

GiGo
9 hours ago, chef said:

Not sure whats going on TBH, seems to be taking AGES to do a scan and looking at the log there seems to be lots of errors that I have no understanding off! 🥴

Log attached. Restarted the server before uploading so should make it easier to read.

embyserver.txt

• Thanks 1

chef

Hmmm... It would seem that the MovieDb doesn't have any data for Robot Wars.

I'm going to double check that by looking at their site.

What  would be interesting  to know is:

Was Robot Wars the only series that was unable to be sorted properly?

Was Robot Wars an existing series in your library, or was it a new series you were going to added to your library?

Judging by the logs, it would seem that it was a new series.

The plugin then attempted to match the name with the provider to try and create the new series, but the MovieDb wasn't able to provide the necessary data to identify the series.

I did add some code which tried to request provider data using localization info. This may have indirectly caused issues.

It is these log entries that explain the problem:

2022-04-03 07:33:22.637 Error ProviderManager: Error searching
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.32
	Command line: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/giles/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NotImplementedException: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbEpisodeProvider.GetMetadata(EpisodeInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.MovieDbEpisodeProvider.GetSearchResults(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetSearchResults[TLookupType](IRemoteSearchProvider`1 provider, TLookupType searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults[TItemType,TLookupType](RemoteSearchQuery`1 searchInfo, BaseItem referenceItem, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MovieDb
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.MetadataResult`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Episode]] GetMetadata(MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.EpisodeInfo, System.Threading.CancellationToken)

There is something strange happening there.

I'm not sure if it is unavailable series data, or if it is how the series data is being requested.

I'll be back!

• Thanks 1

GiGo

@chef Robot Wars series is/was not in my collection, I have added some of them manually via Auto Organize via TVDB but they remain unsorted. They are not the only things that remain unsorted/unrecognised. Everything is not sorting/recognised dispute being in my collection. 

chef
14 hours ago, vaise said:

I suspect I am too used to the basic one built into emby.  I had a stroke 6 months ago, and this may not be helping the situation either......

This is the first actual time i am using the enhanced version with some actual TV shows.  note, I dont use it for movies, and only TV shows I have to manually download.

I installed the new dll, restarted emby and flushed cache.

I just added 4 shows to my embyautoorganize folder.

Go to auto organize, I can see the last 4 shows.  No start/go/run button or anywhere to start the process.

In settings, I found a scheduled task option (mine set off), I had to enable the scheduled task (I always ran it manually so dont want this though).

Then I have the 'Task last run' bit in the top right corner, and a clickable refresh thing ? - I click it, it spins, but nothig on the screen.

Seems I have to refresh the browser windows to show the actual actions. 

This seems a step back - in the past, I could just manually hit go, and they would stream up the page.

In summary : On the new enhanced version, I don't seem to have the same functionality as the default one built into emby - I believe there should be a manual go button if you don't tick the scheduling option (if its there, I cant find it), and I don't see them start to process and scroll up like they used to once you click the start 'thing' at the top to start the scheduled job.  As it stands, my two issues are still there (episode naming when using 'S01E01' and picking incorrect library for TV shows if they exist in multiple locations).

I will make sure the identify button is showing at all times, when the auto feature is off.

That is a good idea.

chef
7 minutes ago, GiGo said:

@chef Robot Wars series is/was not in my collection, I have added some of them manually via Auto Organize via TVDB but they remain unsorted. They are not the only things that remain unsorted/unrecognised. Everything is not sorting/recognised dispute being in my collection. 

Okay. 

GiGo

Just looking at the list of shows, seems I have a lot of 'undefined' shows, what does this mean?

image.thumb.png.0875b85c3e81c2528ec104f82781b4bd.png

chef
18 minutes ago, GiGo said:

Just looking at the list of shows, seems I have a lot of 'undefined' shows, what does this mean?

image.thumb.png.0875b85c3e81c2528ec104f82781b4bd.png

The production year is missing in the return data

I'll fix it.

chef
1 hour ago, GiGo said:

I have also reproduced this error now. 

error.png.5551d02fff622ee859c4e6cafa76520f.png

I will fix this.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

This is very weird. The provider manager in emby keeps returning nothing.

I know the provider data is accessible, because I am able to identify the item for sorting.

But, for some reason requesting the new series to auto identify itself using the Emby API returns nothing from the Provider Managers remote search. 

What is this? 🤔 I can't tell if it is auto organize, or if it is something happening in Emby's core. 

TheUrbanXplorer
2 hours ago, chef said:

did you clear browser cache?

Yes, I also thought it was the cache, but unfortunately it doesn't change anything.

TheUrbanXplorer

I have also tried to write the config manually, but this is overwritten on the next reboot.

GiGo

Got another one for you chef :)

Now I have a version of this in one directory (one of my online drives), however I want a version stored locally, when I press the identify button and search for the program and then select the root folder I want it to go in, it returns the below, which is what it did as when it initally identified it (please note this is a different server running v 1.6.1.0 of Auto Organize)

image.thumb.png.ca5c4bdc4b6405d09dd9031709de6010.png

Edited by GiGo
  • Thanks 1