Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

chef

On second though, I think, yes we can place files in specific folders based on resolution.

But first have I have release some fixes.

vaise
26 minutes ago, chef said:

Strange that it writes Googlebox there, but I think I know why it would.

We check to see if  the item in the monitored folder belongs to a library item before attempting to create a new series,  if needs be.

It obviously sees the recordings folder as a library folder, and decides to place it in there.

We're going to have to try and isolate the folders where we check for existing series.

The dynasty issue is a common one I've seen a lot of. 

There was a request to handle destination folders based on file resolution (720p, 1080p, 4K, etc).

There is one problem though. 

Some files found on the internet don't use "4K" in the naming. They use the resolution of "2160p". 

Sorting  files based on resolution get a bit tricky.

We'd have to make the connection between "4K" being equal to "2160p", and setting up the plugin configuration might get advanced.

I was able to add the resolution into the naming.

For example:

-- Movies
---- Ghostbusters (1984)
-------- Ghostbusters (1984) - 1080p.mkv" 
-------- Ghostbusters (1984) - 2160p.mkv" 

Turns out having the resolution options in the UI

autoporganize_resoluition_example.thumb.png.b2f89a7e2caeb288cf0a048111256e1f.png

Have to think about the best way to handle resolution folder sorting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, the new code I added which handles deciding a movie from a TV series is working perfectly!

the code  was able to mark the new item in the monitored folder as a movie, and utilize the proper sorter to handle it. 

autoporganize_type_example.thumb.png.2346ba6b8a39f838a2444520ec9bf6cf.png

Personally, I don’t need all that resolution checking stuff.  I ably need to ‘force’ one folder/library as the target.  Same for movies. Is there anyone that has a real need for multiple TV target areas that they want this plug-in to process into?  

slevin7
2 hours ago, vaise said:

Is there anyone that has a real need for multiple TV target areas that they want this plug-in to process into?  

I can imagine someone who has a very weak NAS or Raspberry Pi, yet a TV in the living room that can display 4K, and one in the bedroom, without 4K.

• Like 2

vaise

That is me, mainly tv shows are all downloaded in HD.  Only really special ones I get in 4K also.  A good 4K tv will upscale a 1080p nicely for the most part.  I can’t imagine every show in Both and needing two targets.  There is that not much 4K TV out there. 

neik

Well, I do exactly that.

4k version for me and also keep a 1080p version for my remote parents/sister and for when I am accessing from mobile network.

My server can handle about two 1080p transcodes but none 4k.

vaise
3 minutes ago, neik said:

Well, I do exactly that.

4k version for me and also keep a 1080p version for my remote parents/sister and for when I am accessing from mobile network.

My server can handle about two 1080p transcodes but none 4k.

For every TV show?  You download one of each format?

neik
1 hour ago, vaise said:

For every TV show?  You download one of each format?

For every UHD BluRay I have a also do a 1080p encode, yes.

• Agree 1

vaise
1 minute ago, neik said:

For every UHD BluRay I have a also do a 1080p encode, yes.

it’s TV shows I am really referring to here, and ones that need to go through the auto organise process to know where to go.  In summary, does auto organise need to check quality on a tv show to decide if it’s to go to a 4K library or to a ‘normal’ library or can a single TVshows location be defined for all auto organise tv shows.

In my case, no need for that complexity in TV shows.  In the issue I described (and have regularly) just a hard coded TV shows library to be used all the time would fix the issue.

chef

Hi guys!

We should be able to allow for both multiple source folders, as well as targeting destination folders based on certain criteria (resolution being one of them).

Multiple source folders is a much easier implementation to write because the ground work in the code is already there.

Multiple destination folders is a bit tricky, but I think it's possible. 

We just have to keep in mind that the metadata we gather on the file in the source folder is based on how it is named.

So a file with a name that contains 2160p, is a 4K file, and we'll have to move that file specifically using some kind of configuration in the Settings (while keeping it simple to understand).

GiGo

Anyone else having issues with TV

2022-03-29 12:42:38.957 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍192.168.1.67‌:8096/emby/Library/FileOrganizations/b9c4ab665a70339fae7e9a34ce4a6453/Episode/Organize?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=95a93ed9-11c7-4d0b-a6b5-fcb7c314d4d6&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.32. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.82 Safari/537.36
2022-03-29 12:42:38.979 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.32
	Command line: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/giles/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.InternalFileOrganizationService.PerformOrganization(EpisodeFileOrganizationRequest request)
	Source: Emby.AutoOrganize
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2022-03-29 12:42:38.980 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to 192.168.1.64. Time: 23ms. http://‌‍‍192.168.1.67‌:8096/emby/Library/FileOrganizations/b9c4ab665a70339fae7e9a34ce4a6453/Episode/Organize?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=95a93ed9-11c7-4d0b-a6b5-fcb7c314d4d6&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.32
2022-03-29 12:42:48.587 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍192.168.1.67‌:8096/emby/Items/RemoteSearch/Series?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=95a93ed9-11c7-4d0b-a6b5-fcb7c314d4d6&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.32. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.82 Safari/537.36
2022-03-29 12:42:48.590 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/search?type=series&q=As.We.See.It
2022-03-29 12:42:49.000 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/search?type=series&q=As We See It
2022-03-29 12:42:49.535 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: As.We.See.It
2022-03-29 12:42:49.535 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?api_key=‌f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669‌&query=As.We.See.It&language=en
2022-03-29 12:42:49.841 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?api_key=‌f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669‌&query=As We See It&language=en
2022-03-29 12:42:50.085 Info HttpClient: GET https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=‌fe53f97e‌&plot=full&r=json&s=As.We.See.It&type=series
2022-03-29 12:42:50.844 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.1.64. Time: 2257ms. http://‌‍‍192.168.1.67‌:8096/emby/Items/RemoteSearch/Series?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=95a93ed9-11c7-4d0b-a6b5-fcb7c314d4d6&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.32
2022-03-29 12:42:56.354 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://‌‍‍192.168.1.67‌:8096/emby/Library/FileOrganizations/dd87e2806e012640e7e9919d033e5b04/Episode/Organize?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=95a93ed9-11c7-4d0b-a6b5-fcb7c314d4d6&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.32. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.82 Safari/537.36
2022-03-29 12:42:56.669 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.32
	Command line: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/giles/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\giles\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.InternalFileOrganizationService.PerformOrganization(EpisodeFileOrganizationRequest request)
	Source: Emby.AutoOrganize
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

shows not being moved? Movies are now moving fine and being organised as intended but not TV shows. Version 1.6.0.7

Edited by GiGo
added log

chef
7 minutes ago, GiGo said:

Anyone else having issues with TV shows not being moved? Movies are now moving fine and being organised as intended but not TV shows. Version 1.6.0.7

I think I've fixed this for an upcoming release. I will post it shortly. 

I was able to calculate the media type of the file in the source folder prior to attempting to sort it.

Before, the plugin would attempt to sort the Fike as a movie first, if it failed we would attempt to sort it as a tv episode. If that failed we left it up to the user to identify it.

I had always hated that.

Now, we read the File name, and make the media type distinction (tv, or movie), then call the appropriate organization methods (EpisodeOrganizer/MovieOrganizer respectively).

That logic just seems to be how it should have always been. 

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

In the future, with this new media type distinction method, we should also be able to target the other types of media emby handles as well. Music,   photos, and maybe subtitles. 😬

Edited by chef

chef
7 hours ago, vaise said:

Personally, I don’t need all that resolution checking stuff.  I ably need to ‘force’ one folder/library as the target.  Same for movies. Is there anyone that has a real need for multiple TV target areas that they want this plug-in to process into?  

For movies we can force a folder. NP.

New series that are found the in the monitored folder also can be forced into a specific folder.

But, any file that is found in the monitored folder, that belongs to an existing series, should automatically be sorted into that series folder.

That isn't happening? 

GiGo

Just wondering has the way the files being moved been changed?

I'm using a Google Drive to store my media, both my sort and destination folder and it seems to uploading the file, HOWEVER.... thats only if I do it via the web interface on another system, if I do it via the web interface on the system I'm doing it on it has no issue and just moves the file. Just wondering, only just testing my theory on this, I'll report back if there is more to report, but wanted to make you aware.

Ignore me, not sure whats going on with this, one file moved fine, another is uploadingm guessing it's not a AutoOrganize issue.

Edited by GiGo

GiGo
24 minutes ago, chef said:

New series that are found the in the monitored folder also can be forced into a specific folder.

But, any file that is found in the monitored folder, that belongs to an existing series, should automatically be sorted into that series folder.

Can we get an option for if files are found to already exsist in the 'default location', have an option to be able to force a new location, i.e. A:\TV\Show\FileName.mkv (the default location) B:\TV\Show\FileName,mkv (a new location I would like it at). This would help with the above different quality versions I assume?

• Like 1

chef
4 minutes ago, GiGo said:

Can we get an option for if files are found to already exsist in the 'default location', have an option to be able to force a new location, i.e. A:\TV\Show\FileName.mkv (the default location) B:\TV\Show\FileName,mkv (a new location I would like it at). This would help with the above different quality versions I assume?

Split up the series? 

If the option to auto organize a tv file turned on, we would need to code some kind of condition to split the series into two different locations.

What would that condition be? Disk space?

GiGo
38 minutes ago, chef said:

What would that condition be? Disk space?

Disk space is one. For my use case senario is that I'm off loading files to online storage, some I keep on my NAS and others get off loaded to the cloud, on occassion I want a copy on the cloud and my NAS, so the option to have it going to either location is useful espcially if the item is already found in one location. Rather than it saying 'item already exsists' and only having an option to overwrite or re-identify, would be good if there is a button 'send to root folder xxxx'

• Agree 1

norbo80

@chef Thank you for your great work. I got two question:

- it is possible to just add e.x. (1) instead to overwrite  the file? Sometimes I download some versions of movie.

- there is necessery to use EMBY Server? There is not possible to get standalone docker only with autoorganize?

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

chef
1 hour ago, norbo80 said:

@chef Thank you for your great work. I got two question:

- it is possible to just add e.x. (1) instead to overwrite  the file? Sometimes I download some versions of movie.

- there is necessery to use EMBY Server? There is not possible to get standalone docker only with autoorganize?

Thank you!

1. I would consider turning off "overwrite existing files". When a file is added to the watched folder and it already exists in the library, it will be marked as either as an "existing item", or if the resolution is different (ex. 1080p, and 2160p) the item will be marked as "new resolution".

In the case of an existing item with the same resolution and with "overwrite existing items" being turned off, that item will not sort and wait for user interaction. 

I personally keep that option turned off all the time.

It doesn't stop auto sorting, it just allows me to decide if my RSS feed grabbed something I don't really want. 👍

I hope that makes some sense. 

2. With regards to a standalone app. I must confess, I am really quick at writing Emby plugin's, but  standalone applications would take quite a bit of time to produce. I'm not entirely sure what is involved with creating a docker container. My prigramming skills are intermediate at best 😆 but I'm flattered that you would have that much confidence in my level of programming. 😆

I will post the entire code on GitHub, so if there is someone who would want to take that on as a project, they could cut and paste what they wanted from the repo. 👍

chef

I think we are close to something worth trying out.

I'll just do a couple more tests to make sure nothing unexpected will cause problems in people libraries. That would be bad. 

chef
On 3/24/2022 at 3:14 AM, neik said:

chef, with the latest server update I did (went from .18 beta to .30 beta) the organize and delete button turned black.

image.png.57734554a3acf0baf967e51b8758ca76.png

As I am usually using the black theme I can't see them (black on black), the screenshot was made with blue radiance theme.
Anything you can do about  that, maybe the button color needs to be theme dependend?

Thank you!

@neik I'm looking at the code for this issue here. 

Is it possible that you have some custom css installed that would change the text color of the theme?

I'm not seeing this issue...

autoporganize_text_example.thumb.png.0c3f391ed7b5ae58c9518eb14ad78d9d.png

chef

One last thing.

We have the ability to turn off/on the sorting for episodes and movies.

In my opinion it might be a needless option. I figure that if a movie, or an episode  is in the watched folder, it was put there for a reason.

I vote to remove the on/off for the sorters and just attempt to sort what ever file appears in the watch folder(s).

Edited by chef

GiGo
8 minutes ago, chef said:

I vote to remove the on/off for the sorters and just attempt to sort what ever file appears in the watch folder(s).

+1 from me.

Is this sort for viewing the queue or processed files?
If so being able to view the processed or queue order and being able to find something in a list alphabetical is needed.

But it's just a nice thing to have but not needed for true functionality. Once up and running the whole point is automation and not having to baby-sit it.
With that said, if it makes your life easier doing the coding then wack it. :)

• Agree 1

chef
27 minutes ago, cayars said:

Is this sort for viewing the queue or processed files?
If so being able to view the processed or queue order and being able to find something in a list alphabetical is needed.

But it's just a nice thing to have but not needed for true functionality. Once up and running the whole point is automation and not having to baby-sit it.
With that said, if it makes your life easier doing the coding then wack it. :)

Yes, I was able to get the queue sorting:

1. by name (ascending/descending),

2.  by date added (ascending/descending),

3. GroupBy media type (episode/movie) 

Edited by chef
  • Like 1