Help with Mame GB setup please

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

I'm struggling to get mame setup in GameBrowser.  It doesn't look right to me.

I have Mame folder in my Games folder on the server, then I can see every folder under the sun that is in the Mame folder, and I'm pretty sure that it's just roms folder I need.

Can anyone help me out please

Thanks in advance

Cheese

Cheesegeezer

@@buddyweiser any help here please.  I'm trying to set up a couple of emulators.

I've followed the Guide in the KB (even tho a little out of date...... I get the idea) and the server isn't recognising anything (i've registered and entered my EmuMovies credentials) but i'm not even getting the gamesystem.xml when running the library scan.

Here is my set up..... see if you can see any faults.   I have configured my Game folder in my library which is Just F:\Games

Lets look at PS2 for an example

Server Side

lxE9DBW.png

Library Structure

pjSUxgr.png

Fld5elq.png

GDZa59j.png

MBC Config

WRagUfD.png

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheesegeezer

Ignore that it was me being a numpty.  My actual server Game library was pointing to G:\Games\Windows  i've change it now and it has picked up Consoles now.

But i'm still struggling with mame, or do I just drop my roms into the Mame X folder and let gb do the rest?

I'll have a little more of a play

I'd assume it's just the roms , since the rest are the emulator related files. The roms are .zip I assume? You might have to extract them all to folders for it to work correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

buddyweiser

Ignore that it was me being a numpty.  My actual server Game library was pointing to G:\Games\Windows  i've change it now and it has picked up Consoles now.

But i'm still struggling with mame, or do I just drop my roms into the Mame X folder and let gb do the rest?

I'll have a little more of a play

Sorry about the long reply bud, I'm not sure about Mame games, as I don't have any installed. And as for the PS2 emulator, I mine is actually misbehaving. I was working on tweaking all of my other emulators to work properly(and pre-configure my controller to work with each one automatically) before I looked into the PS2. What is it specifically you are seeing? Also, @@shaefurr might be able to shine some light on your Mame issue. I would think you would just have the roms in the designated mame folder(each in its own self-titled folder of course, if they work like other games that is)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Sorry about the long reply bud, I'm not sure about Mame games, as I don't have any installed. And as for the PS2 emulator, I mine is actually misbehaving. I was working on tweaking all of my other emulators to work properly(and pre-configure my controller to work with each one automatically) before I looked into the PS2. What is it specifically you are seeing? Also, @@shaefurr might be able to shine some light on your Mame issue. I would think you would just have the roms in the designated mame folder(each in its own self-titled folder of course, if they work like other games that is)

Thats what i'm worried about with the mame roms, i've got over 2000. I'm sure there was a folder utility around, if not i could always write a programme to do it, but too busy with xenon to worry about that ;)

Yeah i got a couple of N64 roms and project64. Just checking that the data looks right for some of the console types in xenon.

Its not a pressing issue regarding the roms, would just be nice to have them working too.

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, There is a program around, I used it when I first got into the HTPC scene. It's called file2folder if I remember correctly, you should be able to find it on cnet, and it is very simple to use.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer, There is a program around, I used it when I first got into the HTPC scene. It's called file2folder if I remember correctly, you should be able to find it on cnet, and it is very simple to use.

Cheers mate :D

• Like 1

Redshirt

You shouldn't need to use file2folder with GB3. You should be able to just add your roms folder to MB and it'll handle them all being in the same folder. 

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

You shouldn't need to use file2folder with GB3. You should be able to just add your roms folder to MB and it'll handle them all being in the same folder. 

Thanks Red, I just gave it a little try and it seems to work well.  Thanks mate ;)

• 2 months later...
xXSagaiaXx

Okay, anytime I try this by putting all the zip files in one folder never works. It doesn't show up any games when I do this. Only when each game is in its own folder does sanything show up.