Drop Down Menus No Longer Working

Tliner4Life

Yes, gamepad and like devices on Win10 (thanks MS) can cause issues.

Also likely is some browser extension you might have installed.  You can deactivate them and try again to see if this is the cause.

BOTICSELLI
20 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Do you maybe have any gaming peripherals attached? Gamepad, joystick, flight stick, pedals, wheel...? 

Negative. Nope. 

NO. 

Happy2Play

Since you same mobile works and FireFox works.  Is the issue with localhost or IP/hostname connections (other lan connections)?

BOTICSELLI

All right, THANK YOU ALL for your kind helping hand! 
Problem solved!  🙂 
I'm used a wireless keyboard, with touchpad that was the problem...
(maybe a driver issue, or something)
With a wiered keyboard and mouse, the problem dissapeared.

Edited by BOTICSELLI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
platypusgravy
On 15/02/2021 at 03:57, BOTICSELLI said:

I'm used a wireless keyboard, with touchpad that was the problem...
(maybe a driver issue, or something)
With a wiered keyboard and mouse, the problem dissapeared.

I have the same issue on Chrome/Edge and my wireless Logitech keyboard does not have a touchpad.

GrimReaper
On 2/13/2021 at 7:28 PM, GrimReaper76 said:

Do you maybe have any gaming peripherals attached? Gamepad, joystick, flight stick, pedals, wheel...? 

On 2/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, cayars said:

Yes, gamepad and like devices on Win10 (thanks MS) can cause issues.

Also likely is some browser extension you might have installed.  You can deactivate them and try again to see if this is the cause.

• 2 weeks later...
Forkboy2

I had the same issue.  Finally figured out that it was some sort of conflict with smooth scrolling plugin for web browser.  What would happen is drop down menus would work fine until I scrolled to the bottom of a page in EMBY.  Once I hit the bottom of a page scrolling with mousewheel became very slow and drop down menus no longer worked.  Disabling smooth scrolling plugin fixed it.

39 minutes ago, Forkboy2 said:

I had the same issue.  Finally figured out that it was some sort of conflict with smooth scrolling plugin for web browser.  What would happen is drop down menus would work fine until I scrolled to the bottom of a page in EMBY.  Once I hit the bottom of a page scrolling with mousewheel became very slow and drop down menus no longer worked.  Disabling smooth scrolling plugin fixed it.

Hi, interesting, what plugin?

Atrelloo
On 13/02/2021 at 18:28, GrimReaper76 said:

I had my x-55 rhino joystick plugged in, this was causing the issue, also caused an issue where jellyfin would constantly scrub to the end of the video.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
hackenbecker

I had the exact same issue. It is a Chrome/Edge problem. While in Chrome type chrome://flags into the address bar.
Look for the entry that reads 'Touch UI Layout' and disable it. The browser will relaunch and hopefully solve the issue.
This fix may  be an issue if your are using a touch screen!

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, hackenbecker said:

I had the exact same issue. It is a Chrome/Edge problem. While in Chrome type chrome://flags into the address bar.
Look for the entry that reads 'Touch UI Layout' and disable it. The browser will relaunch and hopefully solve the issue.
This fix may  be an issue if your are using a touch screen!

That's interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
SwanStream
On 10/6/2021 at 12:06 AM, hackenbecker said:

While in Chrome type chrome://flags into the address bar.
Look for the entry that reads 'Touch UI Layout' and disable it.

Same issue, not a touch screen, but this worked first pull down I tried it on after restarting chrome, then it didn't work no mo...😕 Problem exists in chrome, edge, opera... I happen to be working on home screen layouts if that matters. No extensions in any browser. 

BTW, I'm on synology x64 version 4.7.0.13 beta.

It does seem a little random. One thing that seems to help, maybe... set display mode to TV (used to be Auto, also tried PC without a diff) and the drop downs seem to behave better, but as I said, it does seem random ish. It's tough to test as each time I set it back to desktop it doesn't drop down the drop down, so I cant set it bac k to tv to test if that fixes it....

Edited by SwanStream

• 7 months later...
dwightturner36

not to beat a dead horse but i just installed Emby, couldnt select media type on the drop down box in chrome AND explorer. I installed firefox (which i cant stand) and it works in there.

if i hadnt looked this up and tried firefox I would have said screw it and just stayed with plex and deleted emby...

Surely there is something that can fix this. It relaly turned me off of emby.

Edited by dwightturner36

SwanStream

annoying, yup. I see this in Opera, chrome, edge and firefox too.... don't see that behavior with any other apps. Restarting the browser sometimes fixes the issue.

Don't think anyone is actively working the issue, so I've stopped paying attention or reporting... but it's still an active bug.

I'm currently not able to reproduce, but we'll take another look. Thanks.

4 hours ago, dwightturner36 said:

not to beat a dead horse but i just installed Emby, couldnt select media type on the drop down box in chrome AND explorer. I installed firefox (which i cant stand) and it works in there.

if i hadnt looked this up and tried firefox I would have said screw it and just stayed with plex and deleted emby...

1 hour ago, SwanStream said:

annoying, yup. I see this in Opera, chrome, edge and firefox too.... don't see that behavior with any other apps. Restarting the browser sometimes fixes the issue.

Just checking because it wasn't clear.  Did both of you have game controllers attached?

I ask because this is almost always hardware or driver related based on other threads and helping people.

Are either of the keyboard & mouse wireless?
Do you happen to have another keyboard and mouse you could try on this computer?

dwightturner36

just as a note I have no other devices hooked to my pc and a wired keyboard / mouse , firefox works as intended

Edited by dwightturner36

Have you tried turning off all plugins in Chrome or Edge?

Also try this.  In Chrome enter this for the URL chrome://flags/

search for "Touch UI Layout"
Change it to disabled.
Reboot PC

I'm trying to verify if you have the same issues others have had or if this is something different.