Jump to content
Jekkyl

Samsung Playback Stops

Recommended Posts

Luke

Hi there, please try lowering the in-app quality setting so that the server does a full transcode of the video. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please try lowering the in-app quality setting so that the server does a full transcode of the video. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke, Do you mean the Playback quality settings on the Samsung emby app which are set to auto?. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Yes. If playback is stopping it could be that the bitrate is just too high for the network connection. Try setting it to a low value, for example 3 mbps. Then work your way up as you see success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes. If playback is stopping it could be that the bitrate is just too high for the network connection. Try setting it to a low value, for example 3 mbps. Then work your way up as you see success.

ok thanks I will try that and see how it goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl

I tried this starting at 3mbps and it still happens. Ive checked the speed of the wifi between the AP and TV and its runs 15mbps+ on average to netflix etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

So you're saying it just stops altogether, or does it just pause and eventually continue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl
1 minute ago, Luke said:

So you're saying it just stops altogether, or does it just pause and eventually continue?

It stops altogether, mostly it jumps straight back to menu with no resume option until i go back and come back. Occasionally it does a loading circle? for a sec or 2 then goes back to the menu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl

anything else to look at?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Do you have any problems playing using the Emby web app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl
On 7/23/2020 at 4:51 AM, Luke said:

Do you have any problems playing using the Emby web app?

I use the emby web app on another PC and don't have the same issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

That's strange. Would you mind trying the beta server and see if that has an impact? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl
2 hours ago, Luke said:

That's strange. Would you mind trying the beta server and see if that has an impact? Thanks.

Sure I can install the Beta. If I want to switch back to stable can I just pause the Beta updates and switch to stable once its a higher version than the current installed Beta or is a fresh reinstall required?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Generally it's not recommended to go backwards in version numbers, so if you want to switch back to stable, the best time to do that would be when the stable release catches up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl

Ok so its still doing it, if anything its worse and gets stuck with the circle of loading/doom and then goes back to the menu. The wifi is in the same room and Ive tested it on a wired connection and it seems to do the same no matter what

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
6 hours ago, Jekkyl said:

Ok so its still doing it, if anything its worse and gets stuck with the circle of loading/doom and then goes back to the menu. The wifi is in the same room and Ive tested it on a wired connection and it seems to do the same no matter what

 

Can you please provide a new server log from that? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl
On 8/1/2020 at 3:15 PM, Luke said:

Can you please provide a new server log from that? Thanks.

It happened today for Monsters, inc . I have attached the full log.

 

2020-08-04 11:53:31.142 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.178.40:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; LINUX; Tizen 3.0) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 TV Safari/538.1
2020-08-04 11:53:31.144 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby for Samsung 1.0.77 playing Monsters, Inc.. Stopped at 4712990 ms
2020-08-04 11:53:31.145 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.178.25. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.178.40:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped
2020-08-04 11:53:31.145 Info Trakt: Playback Stopped

embyserver.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES
On 7/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, Jekkyl said:

I tried this starting at 3mbps and it still happens. Ive checked the speed of the wifi between the AP and TV and its runs 15mbps+ on average to netflix etc

@jekyll, when you did this test (dropped it to 3Mbs), can you confirm whether that caused the server to transcode the stream?  If not, can you drop the quality down until it does transcode, then confirm if it still occurs.

Can you please attached the media info for the file you test with, as well as the ffmpeg logs from the server.

It definitely sounds like network connection is being dropped, or something else is affecting the connection.  Have you got a lot of devices on your network, maybe something that is causing some issues, or an issue with your router/network switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl

We are in the process of finishing a new extension with new network cabling and a ubquiti wifi system, ill also be be replacing the router> this should be done in the next few days and then I will see if the problem still exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

That would be great, thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jekkyl

So new wiring and patch cables it is still happening. Between 5pm and 7pm I would say it happened 4-6 times.(log attached, watching masterchef). Everytime tonight it seemed to freeze for a few secs and then it would start the next episode. When I stopped it and exited the series and came back I could resume from where it left off.

I run emby on another PC elsewhere in the house and never have any issues.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, SamES said:

@jekyll, when you did this test (dropped it to 3Mbs), can you confirm whether that caused the server to transcode the stream?  If not, can you drop the quality down until it does transcode, then confirm if it still occurs.

Can you please attached the media info for the file you test with, as well as the ffmpeg logs from the server.

It definitely sounds like network connection is being dropped, or something else is affecting the connection.  Have you got a lot of devices on your network, maybe something that is causing some issues, or an issue with your router/network switch

Where do I see if it was transcoding? I don't see a ffmeg-transcode log file for today(13/08/2020)

The only thing I haven't replaced yet is the router but struggling to see this being the issue as other machines work fine...

embyserver-63732959996.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrostByte

There would be an associated ffmpeg-transcode log if transcoding or a ffmpeg-remux if direct streaming.  Also, during playback you can bring up Stats for Nerds from the OSD while playing your movie.  It should say Direct Playing or if it's Transcoding or streaming it should say why there in that box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
Quote

Where do I see if it was transcoding?

The stats for nerds feature in the video player can tell you this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Are you still having an issue with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...