Can't reset password - Premiere

diaz1510

Jimmyjunga

So sswiftsteams you saying the server your end was the issue and everyone has to repin to it again then its working fine? Just so I know 

Jimmyjunga

Wiped app changed email address and it worked, so wipe the app 1st was the answer I didn't do that before, thankfully back on, 

• Like 1

diaz1510
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Can you go to your profile here in the forum and try editing your password there - then try logging in again using that password?

Wow, this topic has grown quite a bit since I posted it this morning.

After reading the first page or so, I wanted to say, the entire reason I was trying to reset the password was, because I kept getting the same login error while trying to login remotely.  I was able to change my password through the server application, but when I try to access remotely or login to my emby premiere it says wrong password.  Even though I just changed it.

Same thing with me, nothing has changed, I've been using the same password for years and been able to login, then tried it this morning and began encountering problem trying to access via Android App as well as through the website directly

diaz1510

I am not on my local network as I am not home.  But I am logging into Emby via the website from a remote laptop (as I do all the time, I watch my shows while at work on my lunch break).  I was able to login onto my server (not the Emby Server, but my actual server), through Teamviewer and went into the Emby Server to see if there were any issues or conflicts with IP addresses.  Everything looks good from that end and I was able to change my password while on my local network (albeit via TeamViewer) through the Emby Server program.  But when I go back to logging in remotely on my laptop at work via the website, I can get to the "Select Server" screen, but the circle just goes and goes, then tells me can't connect, to make sure the server is running (which it is, I just verified by logging into the computer via Teamviewer), with NO IP conflicts.

So I still can't get into it remotely now.  Keep in mind I have literally made NO changes to the way I conduct my Emby behavior.  I use it everyday at lunch, but doesn't seem to work all of a sudden today.

Jimmyjunga

Try clear the app in settings then log in that worked for me in the end, nothing on server ad they said?? 

diaz1510
1 hour ago, Jimmyjunga said:

Try clear the app in settings then log in that worked for me in the end, nothing on server ad they said?? 

What do you mean App in settings? I am not getting this issue in only the app. It is when I try to login from right here on the website via a browser.

Jimmyjunga

I had the same problem, so I changed the password on here, then went to the app cleared that then restarted the nvidia shield TV box and then logged into the emby pin page on phone browser (with email address not user name) then got emby in nvidia working again via the emby pin. 

👍

diaz1510
5 minutes ago, Jimmyjunga said:

I had the same problem, so I changed the password on here, then went to the app cleared that then restarted the nvidia shield TV box and then logged into the emby pin page on phone browser (with email address not user name) then got emby in nvidia working again via the emby pin. 

👍

Ok, let me repeat myself.

This is a problem when trying to login from the website directly using my laptop...NOT THE APP.

I use my laptop while at work to watch my shows while on lunch...not my phone.

1 hour ago, Jimmyjunga said:

Edited by diaz1510

Jimmyjunga

OK no point in getting shirty I can only tell you what worked for me I'm not a emby employee, I'm just a user like you, so just try change the password and see if that helps, clear cache on your browser to may help ,

if not talk to them, was only trying to help you out. 

diaz1510

So I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was indeed able to change my password, but only directly on the local network as I did a remote desktop session to get into my emby server directly. I still encounter the same reset issue if I were to try directly from the website here.

Now the issue has morphed into getting a connection failure from the Select Server screen.

I've already verified there is no IP address conflict as well as ports being configured properly.

@diaz1510 This is a bit confusing.  We're you having an Emby Connect login issue or a local login issue?

Apologies for the inconvenience. We'll update the links that are being used by the apps. For now, simply use the forgot password process here in the forum.