Nothing Playing with Embedded Subtitles

GloverEggs

GloverEggs

I'm ready to wipe this program and re-install, but really don't want to set everything up again. A month ago the only issues I had with this program were TV show episodes not going to the next one at random intervals.

This problem has been systematically getting worse.and started with movies.  Until Thursday or Friday, it wasn't affecting TV shows at all. Movies started pausing or skipping if the embedded subtitles were used.  Often they would finally work with repeated tries.  Now, unless subtitles are off or srt files are used, movies won't play.  In general, I don't mind srt subtitles but they do not line up with the movie timing.  Like I said, this was going on with movies but you could finish a movie and go to a TV show and the TV show would play fine.  Now nothing plays right.

I don't know if the Emby program settings are screwed up (a big possibility) or if part of the program has become corrupted.  This is happening across several user profiles and is happening with both the LG TV and if trying to play directly in the web interface.  Issues apply to DVD and Bluray.  I would say 4k, but I don't know if those issues are 4k issues or these issues.  But starting and stopping, especially with subtitles was first noticed on 4k movies.

Oh, have seen the error  "Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." a couple of times tonight. As soon as I "try again" the file plays.

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-6b942f4c-719a-4889-b071-cab3dd2f31da_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-07467def-4b2e-4f35-8183-1b03a6a928a5_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-b237b0f5-cd3e-426a-9a8b-25bb6b9a6c2b_1.txt

Hi.  Each of those logs appear to be complete failures of playback.

20:21:26.579 [segment @ 000001a45647cfc0] Failed to open segment list 'C:\Users\Glover\'s\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\2F9379.m3u8'
20:21:26.588 SegmentComplete=video:0 Index=0 Start=0.000000 End=3.000000 Duration=3.000000 offset_pts=0 start_pts=0 Frames=90 filename=2F9379_0.ts
20:21:26.588 av_interleaved_write_frame(): No such file or directory
20:21:26.602 20:21:26.602 Error writing trailer of C:\Users\Glover's\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\2F9379_%d.ts: Invalid argument

However, you are trying to display graphic subtitles with apps (a browser and TV) that are not designed to be able to display them.  So, the server has to transcode and burn them into the video - a process that can be quite intensive depending on your hardware.

@@GloverEggs - That happens due to the apostrophe in your username which is reflected in your user folder path: 

C:\Users\Glover\'s\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server

The weird thing: We never had that problem reported, and now two times within a week: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86939-playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available/

• Like 1

GloverEggs

Well that actually makes sense because everything was working well and then, bam!, it wasn't.  So either windows changed something or something changed here.  I was able to change my useraccount name.  I am going to reboot and see if things are better.  I will update afterwards.

GloverEggs

Well another reason to hate Windows.  I successively changed my windows username but of course it doesn't actually change the directory name.

Now I'm more than willing to make a new account (I did), but I don't know how to migrate all of the Emby data from one account to another.  I really don't want to lose everything.

Can I just copy everything and work off the other account?  I assume I can't but it's worth asking.

Happy2Play

Well another reason to hate Windows.  I successively changed my windows username but of course it doesn't actually change the directory name.

Now I'm more than willing to make a new account (I did), but I don't know how to migrate all of the Emby data from one account to another.  I really don't want to lose everything.

Can I just copy everything and work off the other account?  I assume I can't but it's worth asking.

In theory yes you can copy/move the entire %appdata%\Emby-Server folder as all emby programdata folders are tokenized in the database, unless you are on a really old installation.

It doesn't change the folder name because then you would really have a problem with other applications.

Let's keep it sincere: It's our fault, not Windows'

Make a backup of C:\Users\Glover\'s\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server

Then copy all to the new account. 

In case of any problem, you can always go back to the previous user account. (the backup is just for the worst case).

GloverEggs

I'm so sorry, I got caught up with kids, etc. and didn't post back about this.  I moved everything to a new Windows username and it is working just like it used to.  Thank you for the help in solving this!

• 1 month later...