10Mb LAN, 100Mb LAN, GigE
  • RAM
    2 GB
  • Power
    AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
  • Storage Operating System
    ReadyNAS OS 6.2
  • System Requirements
    UNIX, Apple MacOS, Linux, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Android, Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Apple iOS, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 (32/64 bits), Windows 8.1 (32/64 bits)
  •  

Funky me

Hi Luke

I AM TOLD FROM NETGEAR MY NAS IS ARM BASED, 64 BIT, AND THE ERROR IM GETTING IS, ( IM TRYING TO INSTALL A INTEL BASED )

ANY IDEAS ? OR IS THEIR ANY OTHER AVAILABLE DOWNLOADS FOR NAS MACHINES ?

THANKS AGAIN

Emby Server is available for installation in the ReadyNAS app store.

Funky me

Will Emby be releasing a download for the Readynas appart from the Intel download, as all other 2,3 & 4 series wont install ? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
HVACPRO

Hi I am looking to try Emby on my ReadyNAS 204 but there is no available app that I can find for this ARM based NAS.   Just Intel based machines so far as I can tell.  So I will just have to keep going with Plex.   

On 7/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, HVACPRO said:

Hi I am looking to try Emby on my ReadyNAS 204 but there is no available app that I can find for this ARM based NAS.   Just Intel based machines so far as I can tell.  So I will just have to keep going with Plex.   

If the architecture is armhf we do have a Netgear package for it:

https://emby.media/download

HVACPRO
On 7/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, Luke said:

If the architecture is armhf we do have a Netgear package for it:

https://emby.media/download

yes, I followed the link, just like the other person did.  When I upload the file to my Readynas using the netgear interface, I get the same message the other person did.  "The app failed to install because of an architecture mismatch".  See attached desktop snapshot.

Image1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I was just wondering if there was any Source Code available so that I might try a deft hand at compiling a port of the Emby Server over to my ReadyNAS104?

Thanks

Edited by Ichijoe

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, Ichijoe said:

Hi I was just wondering if there was any Source Code available so that I might try a deft hand at compiling a port of the Emby Server over to my ReadyNAS104?

Thanks

HI, no there isn't. What cpu architecture is that model?

HVACPRO

Never mind, going around in circles, asking technical questions, not able to answer.... I gave up on trying to serve with the Netgear NAS and am now running Emby Server on a medium powered PC separate from the NAS.  I like it, compared to Plex.   It's not perfect but way better than Plex at playing my H264 encoded movies.  

Edited by HVACPRO

• 3 months later...

Just so you know, I tried unsuccessfully to install the ARM build onto this NAS box as well.  I got the same error and had to install Plex Server.  I'm a new Emby user and do prefer it over Plex.  I have successfully installed Emby on several Intel based Netgear NAS boxes.  On this box, Emby does not show up in their list of Apps, unlike the other ReadyNAS boxes I have installed Emby server on.

5 minutes ago, dcpete said:

Just so you know, I tried unsuccessfully to install the ARM build onto this NAS box as well.  I got the same error and had to install Plex Server.  I'm a new Emby user and do prefer it over Plex.  I have successfully installed Emby on several Intel based Netgear NAS boxes.  On this box, Emby does not show up in their list of Apps, unlike the other ReadyNAS boxes I have installed Emby server on.

Hi, what version did you try to install?

"emby-server-netgear_4.5.4.0_armhf".  I don't have the box anymore, so can't do any further testing.  Sorry.

It was the RN202, FYI.

Edited by dcpete

• 2 months later...
patmiche84

Hello,

I tried to install the 4.5.4_armhf version and 4.6.0.36_armhf  on my RN104 without success.

Is there any version that works with RN104?

Thanks in advance

9 minutes ago, patmiche84 said:

Hello,

I tried to install the 4.5.4_armhf version and 4.6.0.36_armhf  on my RN104 without success.

Is there any version that works with RN104?

Thanks in advance

Hi there, what happens when you try to install it?