Netgear Ready NAS 214- NOT INSTALLING EMBY APP

Funky me

Are you on 6.10.4 in the OS?

Can you find it to install in your listed apps?

When you say no success, have you been able to install or is the install or package upload not working?

patmiche84

OS version is 6.10.4 hotfix 1, and the system started to install package before crashing, upload is complete

Make sure the app doesn't show to be installed, reboot the NAS and try again... Same thing upon first installation on my NAS.. it did install however and work.. different architecture.. but same initial issue.

You are installing this signed in as the admin correct..

patmiche84

Same behaviour. After reboot I tried to install 4.5.4 armel version and same error.

Edited by patmiche84

• 2 weeks later...
patmiche84

More detail by doing it in a command line tool:

root@ReadyNAS:/data/shared# dpkg -i emby-server-netgear_4.5.4.0_armhf.deb
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.
(Reading database ... 20873 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack emby-server-netgear_4.5.4.0_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking emby-server (4.5.4.0) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of emby-server:
emby-server depends on readynasos (>= 6.10.0).

dpkg: error processing package emby-server (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
emby-server
root@ReadyNAS:/data/shared# uname -a
Linux ReadyNAS 4.4.190.armada.1 #1 SMP Thu Oct 22 04:53:35 UTC 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@ReadyNAS:/data/shared# apt list readynasos
Listing... Done
readynasos/6.10.4,now 6.10.4+1 armel [installed]

It seems there is something wrong. No plans to produce an armel package?

Edited by patmiche84

On 4/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, patmiche84 said:

More detail by doing it in a command line tool:

root@ReadyNAS:/data/shared# dpkg -i emby-server-netgear_4.5.4.0_armhf.deb
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.
(Reading database ... 20873 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack emby-server-netgear_4.5.4.0_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking emby-server (4.5.4.0) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of emby-server:
emby-server depends on readynasos (>= 6.10.0).

dpkg: error processing package emby-server (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
emby-server
root@ReadyNAS:/data/shared# uname -a
Linux ReadyNAS 4.4.190.armada.1 #1 SMP Thu Oct 22 04:53:35 UTC 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@ReadyNAS:/data/shared# apt list readynasos
Listing... Done
readynasos/6.10.4,now 6.10.4+1 armel [installed]

It seems there is something wrong. No plans to produce an armel package?

Hi, an armel package is possible for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

HVACPRO

I don't really think it's practical to use these low powered Netgear ReadyNAS devices to run a server with ... the computing speed is just too slow.  I ran a Plex server from my 204 machine for awhile and it was struggling to put it mildly.... any time it became necessary to transcode the whole device was pretty much toast.  I now run Emby server from a PC and use the ReadyNAS to hold the files by mapping the libraries through the network.  That works fairly well.

Yeah.. my fans turn out rather quickly when I tried this with my 316..plus watching the usage on my system kind of opened my eyes as well when it came to transcoding.. Always counting on Direct Play.. LOL

Edited by Guest

patmiche84

For now I run a Plex server on it, but there is too much transcoding. I wanted to try Emby thinking there is less transcoding. As there is no package available I will have to find another one. too bad.

• 8 months later...
spiritshado

I  just tried installing emby-server-netgear_4.6.7.0_armhf.deb and emby-server-netgear_4.7.0.19_armhf.deb and got "Application emby-server cannot be installed" on both. This was on a Netgear Readynas 214. I'm just adding this because I'd be looking forward to the armel package too. I'm looking forward to Emby.

19 minutes ago, spiritshado said:

I  just tried installing emby-server-netgear_4.6.7.0_armhf.deb and emby-server-netgear_4.7.0.19_armhf.deb and got "Application emby-server cannot be installed" on both. This was on a Netgear Readynas 214. I'm just adding this because I'd be looking forward to the armel package too. I'm looking forward to Emby.

Hi, why not just install from the NetGear app store?

• 2 weeks later...
spiritshado

Hi Luke, Thank you for replying, something I'm not used to from Plex. Netgear doesn't show Emby for my NAS. The ReadyNAS 214 is an armel architecture and your Armv7 offer for Netgear is for the armhf architecture. I'm so tired of Plex and Netgear right now I'm entertaining the thought of moving to another NAS altogether. My current configuration is 4x3 TB drives, raid 5. I'm thinking of Synology of QNAP, reasonably priced, reliable, works with Emby with no problems. Any suggestions? 

28 minutes ago, spiritshado said:

Hi Luke, Thank you for replying, something I'm not used to from Plex. Netgear doesn't show Emby for my NAS. The ReadyNAS 214 is an armel architecture and your Armv7 offer for Netgear is for the armhf architecture. I'm so tired of Plex and Netgear right now I'm entertaining the thought of moving to another NAS altogether. My current configuration is 4x3 TB drives, raid 5. I'm thinking of Synology of QNAP, reasonably priced, reliable, works with Emby with no problems. Any suggestions? 

Hi, for a 4 bay Synology, I think the DS418 is a great choice, or the DS420+ if it's in your budget.

spiritshado

Actually decided on a DS920+, it's on backorder so just waiting for it. Plans are if it comes with OS6 to update to OS7, configure 1 volume (on 16TB) and Raid 5. Then copy over the data and then install Emby. It's CPU is Intel Celeron J4125 4-core 2.0 GHz, would that be the emby-server-synology7_4.6.7.0_x86_64.spk (currently) version to install?

1 hour ago, spiritshado said:

Actually decided on a DS920+, it's on backorder so just waiting for it. Plans are if it comes with OS6 to update to OS7, configure 1 volume (on 16TB) and Raid 5. Then copy over the data and then install Emby. It's CPU is Intel Celeron J4125 4-core 2.0 GHz, would that be the emby-server-synology7_4.6.7.0_x86_64.spk (currently) version to install?

Looks like it, yes !