Cannot open port 8096

BobT

Network profile is private. Firewall off (for testing), VPN uninstalled. Kaspersky uninstalled.

Will try pinging.

Q-Droid

What does the router say the WAN IP is? Not Emby and not Canyouseeme but the Internet icon on the router home page.

EVERYONE!!!!

What a stupid I am? Because I have all my cables and devices nicely tucked away, it didn't occur to me that the problem could have been with my VOIP box OOMA. My configuration was modem-OOMA box-router. AND THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. The OOMA box was blocking  the port (have no idea why). When I reconfigured to modem-router-OOMA box, the port opened instantly and remote connection to Emby was successful.

I thank all those that contributed. It was frustrating for me and I am sure for many respondents.

Bob

• Like 1

rbjtech

EVERYONE!!!!

What a stupid I am? Because I have all my cables and devices nicely tucked away, it didn't occur to me that the problem could have been with my VOIP box OOMA. My configuration was modem-OOMA box-router. AND THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. The OOMA box was blocking  the port (have no idea why). When I reconfigured to modem-router-OOMA box, the port opened instantly and remote connection to Emby was successful.

I thank all those that contributed. It was frustrating for me and I am sure for many respondents.

Bob

Just glad you got it sorted !  Yes, it was a tricky one as you had proven all the usual steps ..

The one fear I had is you had carrier grade NAT (CGNAT) which basically means you cannot host anything - but glad it wasn't that !

Enjoy !