Nvidia Shield Server Shutting Down / Images not loading

qazwsx10
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

qazwsx10

Hi everyone,

I've been running into a few issues on the Emby Server that is running off of my Nvidia Shield that I finally have time to look further into and would love any guidance you can give. I'll include images and logs of the errors I'm getting below.

Setup

• Server:
    • Nvidia Shield (Shield is directly connected to router with ethernet cable)
    • Media is stored on harddrives directly connected to Nvidia Shield
  • Client:
    • LG C8 TV running Emby App (TV is directly connected to router with ethernet cable) - This is the only client

Problem #1: Images don't load 

• Although the media are stored on harddrives, I have the cache, logs, metadata, and transcoding temporary files all stored directly on the Nvidia Shield. My idea here was to reduce image load times when searching media content.
  • However after a few searching I start noticing some images don't start loading anymore (Image_1 and Image_2). Similar to what you see in the attachments, it's only a select few images, but the majority still loads. In this case for Gemini Man, only the majority of the cast and crew loaded, not any of the images related to the film itself.
  • This however will progressively get worse to the point where none of the images will load (Image_3). In this case with Gremlins, only the text components load with no images.
  • This has consistently occurred over the past few months.

Problem #2: Server shuts down with "light" use from a single user

• I believe this issue is related to the first problem, since Problem #1 always occurs prior to Problem #2 occurring.
  • In this situation (where I documented it), after the images didn't load for Gremlins, I did select "Play", and the film did not start. When I tried to back up into the movies (Image_4) and start sections (Image_5), either the loading circle kept spinning or was completely blank.
  • At this point when I look at the Nvidia Shield, I see the server has automatically shut off (Image_6). If I turn it back on and do something similar (e.g., select/switch between media, etc.) it will consistently shut off. This is definitely helpful when it comes to troubleshooting. I have noticed this has progressively gotten worse. In the past, this would occur about once a week, but now it occurs at least once a day.

Any insight would be highly appreciated! The Shield was great as a server when I first set it an year ago, but has consistently become a larger issue over time. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know!

~Q

post-491035-0-95662300-1588516527_thumb.jpg

post-491035-0-36546700-1588516538_thumb.jpg

post-491035-0-34405700-1588516577_thumb.jpg

post-491035-0-83481000-1588516586_thumb.jpg

post-491035-0-28734800-1588516669_thumb.jpg

post-491035-0-88409200-1588516678_thumb.jpg

EmbyServerLog1.txt

EmbyServerLog2.txt

Edited by qazwsx10

• Solution

Hi there, I notice you're running Emby Server 4.2.1. Can you update to the latest version, which is 4.4.2? Thanks.

• Like 1

qazwsx10

Hi there, I notice you're running Emby Server 4.2.1. Can you update to the latest version, which is 4.4.2? Thanks.

Absolutely, to update it, would I just download and install the newest version? I don't uninstall anything, right? I'm assuming it overwrites it without having to reimport.

Yes correct, you'd install the latest over the top of your existing version.

• 2 weeks later...
qazwsx10

Yes correct, you'd install the latest over the top of your existing version.

I've been testing this out for the past two weeks and it fixed it completely! Thank you for the simple/quick solution!

Cyper

Hi everyone,

I've been running into a few issues on the Emby Server that is running off of my Nvidia Shield that I finally have time to look further into and would love any guidance you can give. I'll include images and logs of the errors I'm getting below.

Setup

• Server:
    • Nvidia Shield (Shield is directly connected to router with ethernet cable)
    • Media is stored on harddrives directly connected to Nvidia Shield
  • Client:
    • LG C8 TV running Emby App (TV is directly connected to router with ethernet cable) - This is the only client

Problem #1: Images don't load

• Although the media are stored on harddrives, I have the cache, logs, metadata, and transcoding temporary files all stored directly on the Nvidia Shield. My idea here was to reduce image load times when searching media content.
  • However after a few searching I start noticing some images don't start loading anymore (Image_1 and Image_2). Similar to what you see in the attachments, it's only a select few images, but the majority still loads. In this case for Gemini Man, only the majority of the cast and crew loaded, not any of the images related to the film itself.
  • This however will progressively get worse to the point where none of the images will load (Image_3). In this case with Gremlins, only the text components load with no images.
  • This has consistently occurred over the past few months.
Problem #2: Server shuts down with "light" use from a single user
  • I believe this issue is related to the first problem, since Problem #1 always occurs prior to Problem #2 occurring.
  • In this situation (where I documented it), after the images didn't load for Gremlins, I did select "Play", and the film did not start. When I tried to back up into the movies (Image_4) and start sections (Image_5), either the loading circle kept spinning or was completely blank.
  • At this point when I look at the Nvidia Shield, I see the server has automatically shut off (Image_6). If I turn it back on and do something similar (e.g., select/switch between media, etc.) it will consistently shut off. This is definitely helpful when it comes to troubleshooting. I have noticed this has progressively gotten worse. In the past, this would occur about once a week, but now it occurs at least once a day.
Any insight would be highly appreciated! The Shield was great as a server when I first set it an year ago, but has consistently become a larger issue over time. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know!

~Q