Playback Reporting

TeamB

TeamB
1 hour ago, xiaobaiya said:

Hello, I have been using playback_reporting for over a year and am a loyal user from China. However, I have been troubled by an issue regarding time zones. I installed EMBY on Docker, and even though I have set the parameter to TZ=CST-8 or TIMEZONE or TZ=Asia/Shanghai, I am still unable to set the time zone. The time displayed on the summary page is always 8 hours behind China time, for example, if my viewing record at 16:00, it shows as 8:00 in the summary. However, the time displayed on the Activity page provided by EMBY is correct. Can you please let me know if there is an issue with my settings or if the plugin is not detecting the time zone?

If you run a query on the query tab is the raw date/time returned in the results correct?

DarWun

@TeamBMinor thing that I've been intending on reporting for a while now. From the Breakdown screen you can click on an item to take you to the "User Playback Summary" for that item. In most cases, an "*" will be appended to the search query so that only playback events for that item are shown. However, if there is a special character in the title name, such as an "&", the "*" won't get appended to the search query and no items show up.

Screenshot2023-02-20172342.png.9acfb1f17a682696cd794cca0df45d15.png

Clicking on Lockwood & Co. results in the following search query:

Screenshot2023-02-20172546.png.9b8f8884fc02442ad7502937aed33cf1.png

And no items show up without manually adding "*".

Edited by DarWun
  • Agree 1

TeamB
22 minutes ago, DarWun said:

@TeamBMinor thing that I've been intending on reporting for a while now. From the Breakdown screen you can click on an item to take you to the "User Playback Summary" for that item. In most cases, an "*" will be appended to the search query so that only playback events for that item are shown. However, if there is a special character in the title name, such as an "&", the "*" won't get appended to the search query and no items show up.

Screenshot2023-02-20172342.png.9acfb1f17a682696cd794cca0df45d15.png

Clicking on Lockwood & Co. results in the following search query:

Screenshot2023-02-20172546.png.9b8f8884fc02442ad7502937aed33cf1.png

And no items show up without manually adding "*".

Thanks for reporting, I will look into it

• Thanks 1

TeamB
19 hours ago, xiaobaiya said:

Hello, I have been using playback_reporting for over a year and am a loyal user from China. However, I have been troubled by an issue regarding time zones. I installed EMBY on Docker, and even though I have set the parameter to TZ=CST-8 or TIMEZONE or TZ=Asia/Shanghai, I am still unable to set the time zone. The time displayed on the summary page is always 8 hours behind China time, for example, if my viewing record at 16:00, it shows as 8:00 in the summary. However, the time displayed on the Activity page provided by EMBY is correct. Can you please let me know if there is an issue with my settings or if the plugin is not detecting the time zone?

I think this is an issue with setting your time zone in docker

when logging it tries to use your local time zone and from what I see it is using GMT not yor correct time zone

I dont think I can fix this in the plugin unless I do something like treat all time as GMT until display time but even then if your time zone is not set correctly it will still give you a weird offset.

I do not know how or why emby is able to show you correct times in the activity page, could be based on browser TZ

TeamB

latest version - 2.0.0.1

- fix url encoding on summary page
- add user and min duration ignore to notification events

• Like 2

xiaobaiya
8 hours ago, TeamB said:

I think this is an issue with setting your time zone in docker

when logging it tries to use your local time zone and from what I see it is using GMT not yor correct time zone

I dont think I can fix this in the plugin unless I do something like treat all time as GMT until display time but even then if your time zone is not set correctly it will still give you a weird offset.

I do not know how or why emby is able to show you correct times in the activity page, could be based on browser TZ

Thank you for the reminder. It was indeed the time adjusted by the browser. I checked the embyserver.txt file and found that it was also incorrect. I had thought it was a problem with the plugin, but after several investigations, I found that TZ=Asia/Shanghai is effective. Maybe I typed extra letters or spaces before.ahh😅

In addition, I really enjoy using this plugin. I can provide Chinese translation support for the plugin and hope that there will be localization features in the future.

• Like 1

TeamB
16 minutes ago, xiaobaiya said:

I can provide Chinese translation support for the plugin and hope that there will be localization features in the future.

I have not looked into localization of plugins, perhaps it is something that can be done, I will investigate when I get time.

DarWun
22 hours ago, TeamB said:

Thanks for reporting, I will look into it

@TeamBAnd look into it you did. Issue resolved with 2.0.0.1. Thanks!!!

HaraldBluetooth

Hi, many thanks for this plugin, it's really useful.

Would it be possible to make a report/query of how many hours real activity (browsing/playing/scheduled tasks etc.) there has been on the server (sum per day/week/month/year). So how many hours has the server been busy with anything.

TeamB
1 hour ago, HaraldBluetooth said:

Hi, many thanks for this plugin, it's really useful.

Would it be possible to make a report/query of how many hours real activity (browsing/playing/scheduled tasks etc.) there has been on the server (sum per day/week/month/year). So how many hours has the server been busy with anything.

monitoring general browsing and system stats are beyond the scope of this plugin.

there are a few ways of getting this info, you can analyse the emby server logs to give you general usage stats, you can use a general log tool to do this and it will give you browsing stats etc. the following thread shows an example of analysing logs when using a reverse proxy

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54690-how-to-integrate-google-analytics-code/

for the server hardware what you are after here is server load, cpu, ram, disk io etc, there are a bunch of tools for this also.

Edited by TeamB

HaraldBluetooth
14 minutes ago, TeamB said:

monitoring general browsing and system stats are beyond the scope of this plugin.

there are a few ways of getting this info, you can analyse the emby server logs to give you general usage stats, you can use a general log tool to do this and it will give you browsing stats etc.

for the server hardware what you are after here is server load, cpu, ram, disk io etc, there are a bunch of tools for this also.

Thanks for your answer TeamB.

• 3 weeks later...
TeamB
4 hours ago, LeshaShklar said:

plugin doesnt create music playback statistics?

do you mean on the breakdown tab?

LeshaShklar
8 hours ago, TeamB said:

do you mean on the breakdown tab?

Yes )
and it seems to me that the plugin does not consider listening to music anywhere

playback tab, breakdown tab, time tab

seanbuff
18 minutes ago, LeshaShklar said:

Yes )
and it seems to me that the plugin does not consider listening to music anywhere

Hmmm not true, all my music activity shows up in all those tabs as type "Audio" -- appears to be working fine here

• Like 1

Happy2Play
30 minutes ago, LeshaShklar said:

Yes )

Yes I see Audio on Playback, Summary and Breakdown just show total audio number of tracks played and Audio total time played.

Playback and Summary

image.png.119f76ed25cd094d13346878b8904e7c.png

Breakdown type

image.png.e0a0040919117e5ac6da968aa870c9f9.png

LeshaShklar
15 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Hmmm not true, all my music activity shows up in all those tabs as type "Audio" -- appears to be working fine here

oh... true
my mistake, I chose the wrong user... :D

• Haha 1

LeshaShklar

but i think i found a bug
if you don't change anything, it works fine
but if you change something - user, date, checkbox
then formatting breaks

2023-03-16_101513.png

2023-03-16_101606.png

• Agree 2

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, LeshaShklar said:

then formatting breaks

2023-03-16_101513.png

2023-03-16_101606.png

Yes @TeamBcanvas changes when you change any of the variable for the Time page.

{
    width: 95%;
    height: 300px;
    box-sizing: border-box;
}

to this in my case

{
    width: 1651.25px;
    height: 1650px;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    display: block;
}

• Like 1

TeamB

oh... true
my mistake, I chose the wrong user... :D

The breakdown page could have albums or songs played, like the tv breakdown, that is the only thing I think is missing.

TeamB

then formatting breaks

2023-03-16_101513.png

2023-03-16_101606.png

yeah, that's a bug, I will look into it.

TeamB
13 hours ago, TeamB said:

yeah, that's a bug, I will look into it.

this has been fixed now (2.0.0.2)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2