Episodes not listing/displaying on Samsung TV

OafPokie

OafPokie

Samsung Model: UN48H8000

Samsung Firmware Version: 1400

Samsung Emby Client version: 0.122

Hello,

At or around the time Emby Server updated to 4.2.2.0, episode listings disappeared when using Emby via Samsung TV.  It continues to work properly when using Emby via Chrome browser.  I am fairly confident that folder structure and episode naming are correct as prior to the update mentioned it was working without issues on all devices.

I initiate the Emby app on the Samsung TV.  I then select "TV Shows" and get the listing of shows, as expected and as intended.  I select a show and am brought to the screen with the show summary, the "Up Next" list, and the individual season "icons", again as usual and as expected.  I then select a season, and am presented with a screen that only shows the show image/icon in the top left and options for "Play All" and "Shuffle".  Below that the rest of the screen is blank.  This blank portion of the screen is where I would normally see the episodes listed.

I have tried several things, none of which has made any diffrerence:

- I have deleted entire shows and re-uploaded them using same and different folder structures

- I have run the full-scan of the library

- I have deleted and re-installed the Emby app on the Samsung TV

- I have shut down Emby and re-started the NAS, then re-started Emby

Please let me know if you require additional information or if you have any questions.

Thank you

Fredy017

J'ai le même problème avec ma télé. Je n'ai pas la liste des épisodes,

nouvelle installation

Serveur Qnap  :  Emby Server 4.4.2.0

Résolu :

Il faut mètre dans des dossiers différent

Dossier  = Nom séries ----->  Dossier = S01

-----> Dossier = S02

Toujours dans un sous-dossier.

Bonne journée

Edited by Fredy017

karlshea

A friend of mine connecting to my server using his Samsung smart tv is also seeing the same behavior. He can scroll through every episode in the series, but can't view episodes in an individual season.

Edit: Nevermind, I see this is an issue with 0.122 and older Samsung TVs.

Edited by karlshea

Hi, yes we have resolved this internally but Samsung is no longer accepting app updates for these older models.

I will keep bugging our Samsung contact to try and convince them to let us release another update.

A workaround in the meantime is playing from the home screen or using playlists and playing from the playlist.

• Like 1