Suddenly have to re-add server and login every time I start Emby

Whiskeyjack
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

@Grashopr Go to the "This PC" window (accessed via tab or however) on your Windows PC. Inside that you should see areas for: folders, devices and drives, and at the bottom is network locations. On the network locations do you see the Roku listed? If you do not it is the router causing you problems. You may just have to restart the router.

If you are using a VPN do not expect to see the Roku if you are spoofing a local connection using a VPN.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

What do you see if you tracert to your own address?  What name does it resolve to?

From another computer on the network what do you get if you "tracert 192.168.1.44" ?

If you want a hand send me a PM and we'll setup a remote support session.  We should be able to figure this out pretty quickly.
Carlo

Grashopr
On 3/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, cayars said:

What do you see if you tracert to your own address?  What name does it resolve to?

From another computer on the network what do you get if you "tracert 192.168.1.44" ?

If you want a hand send me a PM and we'll setup a remote support session.  We should be able to figure this out pretty quickly.
Carlo

I'll try that first thing in the morning.   Tonight, one of the Roku Emby apps connected for about 5 minutes, then went back to the same thing where it found the server, but didn't give any login options.  At this point, I'm wondering if it's something going on with my gateway....    

I'd try rebooting your router to see if that helps at all.

What kind of setup are you using on the Roku?  There is the PIN method but I believe the Roku allows for setting up manually as well.

Check out the login screen to see if there's a option to add a new server or manual login.  Follow that logic and you should see you can manually put the IP address and port of your Server.

That will eliminate it doing a query in your network and failing if the gateway is goofed up. It will always know the address as you put it there!

• 2 weeks later...
Grashopr
On 3/26/2022 at 11:51 AM, cayars said:

I'd try rebooting your router to see if that helps at all.

What kind of setup are you using on the Roku?  There is the PIN method but I believe the Roku allows for setting up manually as well.

Check out the login screen to see if there's a option to add a new server or manual login.  Follow that logic and you should see you can manually put the IP address and port of your Server.

That will eliminate it doing a query in your network and failing if the gateway is goofed up. It will always know the address as you put it there!

There is an option to add new server or manual login, that's also giving me 'Timeout waiting for the server to respond'.   The crazy thing is.. for the last 2 weeks, it worked twice on all the TVs.. then it didn't for days.  Then it would work again, then it wouldn't.   No changes at all to anything..   I'm so fed up with this. 

Is your Emby Server setup to use remotely?  Do you or anyone else use your server remotely?

It sounds like you're using Emby Connect for things on your internal Network which isn't needed and get's in the way. It's also sometimes problematic with some routers out of the blue with an update as the hairpinning changes.  Anything on your lan can be setup using your Emby Server's IP and port with the username and password that is setup in Emby itself.