Suddenly have to re-add server and login every time I start Emby

Whiskeyjack
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Whiskeyjack

Now that your help fixed the network issue, I've uploaded another log which should just concern the other issue.

DTG: 210720 @ 1605 UTC

Whiskeyjack
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

The app was seeing an external address from somewhere - not your domain name.   Try clearing the app data (or just uninstall reinstall).

Will do, thanks!

Whiskeyjack
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

What was the other issue?

Sorry, the other issue is the original issue, where I have to re-add the server each time I open the app. 

The issue that was solved was that Emby wasn't seeing that the devices were on the same local network (e.g. after re-adding the server, I had to manually enter my username/password as if I were connected remotely); adding the LAN address in the settings fixed that.

Sorry for being unclear!

Edited by Whiskeyjack

• Solution

Are you 100% sure that there isn't some other Emby Server running on your network?

The app is sending out a UDP broadcast and it is getting a response from an Emby server reporting an external address:

[DiscoverServersTask] Send To Address: 10.0.0.255:7359 / 10.0.0.255:7359
[DiscoverServersTask] Received Message: {"Address":"http://172.xx.xx.xx:8096","Id":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","Name":"whiskeyjack"}

• Thanks 1

Whiskeyjack
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Are you 100% sure that there isn't some other Emby Server running on your network?

The app is sending out a UDP broadcast and it is getting a response from an Emby server reporting an external address:

[DiscoverServersTask] Send To Address: 10.0.0.255:7359 / 10.0.0.255:7359
[DiscoverServersTask] Received Message: {"Address":"http://172.xx.xx.xx:8096","Id":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","Name":"whiskeyjack"}

I'm 100% sure there isn't another Emby Server on my network.

But that does align with my Emby docker:

172.17.0.5:1900/UDP <-> 10.0.0.10:1900
172.17.0.5:7359/UDP <-> 10.0.0.10:7359
172.17.0.5:8096/TCP <-> 10.0.0.10:8096
172.17.0.5:8920/TCP <-> 10.0.0.10:8920

Whiskeyjack

I see, now... 7359 is used as local discovery.  I'm not sure why that would be necessary.  I'll try removing 1900/7359.

10:37:20-2020.png

Whiskeyjack

Aaand that was it.  Sorry for taking up so much of your time in order to fix something that was my fault.  Thanks for your help!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
eeweJevi

I have unraid and had the same problem with having to add the server info every time.  Disabling dlna and Local Network Discovery worked for me too.  I didn't try each separately to see which is the real solution.

lethalwisdom

I am also having this issue using Rokus to connect. I disabled DLNA but that didn't fix the problem. I don't have a second emby server but a few days ago I installed Jellyfin to look at a friend's library,  then I removed the server the same day. I also noticed when I did this it messed with my Emby dashboard on server and it kept showing jellyfin.  I cleared my browser cache and that seemed to fix it.  But my brother whom lives with me just said the connect problems just started last night.  And I'm having them right now as I type this.  Roku premiere+ and my emby server is version 4.6.7.0.  Thanks for any info to solve this. 

lethalwisdom

So I just fixed the login problems on my roku by doing this.  I removed the roku Emby channel.  Restarted Roku.  Added Emby channel back and logged in. Then closed and restarted roku and it remembered me.  So basically clearing my roku cache I guess?   Just wanted to pass that info to you guys! Thanks for emby btw!!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lethalwisdom said:

So I just fixed the login problems on my roku by doing this.  I removed the roku Emby channel.  Restarted Roku.  Added Emby channel back and logged in. Then closed and restarted roku and it remembered me.  So basically clearing my roku cache I guess?   Just wanted to pass that info to you guys! Thanks for emby btw!!!

Thanks for the feedback !

• 2 weeks later...
Grashopr

My Roku TVs started failing to log into automatically to Emby 3 days ago.  Been removing/reinstalling Emby, 'sending new pins', which are accepted, but it still gives me a 'There was an error processing the request.  Please try again later.' screen anytime I attempt to log in.  I've tried logging in manually using both the LAN and WAN access addresses.  This ran perfectly on every TV in the house for the last year and a half up until 3 days ago.  I have not changed anything about my system.  I've read through @Whiskeyjack's fix on his, but got lost about the time he was talking about sending debugging info.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can log in to the server and view movies on the PC that the server is on.  I just can't log in across my network.   Verified same failure on 3 Roku TVs.   

Emby server is running on Windows 11 desktop.

Movie files are on 4Tb external hard drive (have been for over a year)

Network connectivity to TV's runs on every Roku App except Emby (starting 3 days ago)

Emby App fails with a 'There was an error processing the request.  Please try again later.' 'Timeout waiting for a response from the server' screen on login attempts.  

Attempts to select 'wake the server' result in a 'bonk noise' and a quick 'progress bar' flash on the screen with nothing else happening.  No response on attempting to wake server.

Attempts to add server manually on LAN results in 'We're unable to connect to the selected server right now.  Please ensure it is running and try again.  Timeout waiting for a response from the server'.  screen even though server is running on the PC (verified).   

Attempts to add server manually on WAN results in the same screen (verified I changed ports).  

Anyone can help?

pwhodges

Sounds like the firewall on the machine running the Emby server is blocking things.  Maybe a recent update has changed that?  Anyway, that's what I'd look at first.

Paul

Grashopr
5 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Sounds like the firewall on the machine running the Emby server is blocking things.  Maybe a recent update has changed that?  Anyway, that's what I'd look at first.

Paul

Forgive me.. but zero idea what to check on the firewall...  

pwhodges

As an initial test, just turn it off and see if that changes things.

Paul

Grashopr
23 hours ago, Luke said:

@Grashopr has this helped?

I mean.. the thread was helpful to let me know I'm not the only one that their Emby App on Roku is dropping out of the blue... but 'turning it off and back on'...  no.. that's not super helpful.  I'm sure that there are people who need the whole 'have you tried turning the PC off and back on to fix the problem?' out there.. but no, the issue isn't that the PC needs turned off and back on.  I've already attempted to eliminate the firewall as the problem by turning off Defender.  There are no other security programs on this PC.  As it stands right now, I'm on 4.6.7.0, and the server works fine on the PC that the external hard drive is connected to.  I have 454full length movies in my database, and somewhere in the 1500 to 1700 TV show episodes.   Everything was accessed by the Emby App on Roku TV's up until 5 days ago.  On that day, the Roku's were unable to connect to the server other than to be able to see the Entertainment Server's PC ID (name).  Manually connecting does nothing.  Using Emby Connect does nothing.  Verifying the 'pin' does nothing.  It continues to timeout if I attempt to connect to the server using a Roku Emby App.  

On 3/15/2022 at 3:41 PM, Grashopr said:

I just can't log in across my network.

Even with the web app?

Grashopr

For some reason I'm showing multiple entries of Emby Servers with multiple firewall communication settings.. 

image.png.70a54dc2baea0489b144b4b22bab542e.png

My emby server is running, but only shows these entries.  

image.png.8e6e9b9c3bee5c654e3ffa54e0dc5465.png

The address in my dashboard is showing xxxxx.44, whereas the Roku Emby apps are defaulting to xxxx.100.  Even on a manual server connection, the connection still times out.  Tried removing the stored server information and connecting manually, same thing;  timeout.  The bad part is.. nothing has changed in the last year other than adding more content to the server. 

Grashopr
23 minutes ago, ebr said:

Even with the web app?

I am unsure what web app there is.  The TV's connect using Roku's Emby app, and the Entertainment Server PC runs on localhost. 

2 minutes ago, Grashopr said:

I am unsure what web app there is.  The TV's connect using Roku's Emby app, and the Entertainment Server PC runs on localhost. 

Bring up any other PC on  your network or even the browser on your phone and put the Emby IP address/port in the address bar. What happens?

Grashopr
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Bring up any other PC on  your network or even the browser on your phone and put the Emby IP address/port in the address bar. What happens?

Timeout after a few minutes.